Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-11-2011, 09:38 PM
ShaneC76

Difficulties Astral Projecting (First Time)

Hi Everyone,

I’m a relatively new Astral Projector wannabe. I would have considered myself spiritual until when recently when I almost Astral Projected. Now, after much study I am convinced that something lay just beyond our borders of physical existence and I am actually spiritual, not just in theory. I must have read 30 articles, 500 NDE’s and 7 books on AP, which include the obvious favorites and have been religiously practicing almost every night before falling asleep or giving up in frustration.
My 3 attempt was my 1st real attempt to Astral Project and I successfully entered the vibration stage. Until that point I thought passing trucks might have been what I was hearing, except when I reached vibration it was unmistakable. It scared the #$%# out of me and I went easily back into it 4 times before I was too excited to do it again. From that moment my attempts went downhill. A week and a half later I was able to have a lucid dream (which stupidly I instantly went into a sex situation and awoke after 2-3 minutes) and another time I had an incredible dream where I felt like I could have been talking to a spirit guide; however, further attempts have yielded zero results.

It has now been 3 months since I begun and each new attempt does nothing. I would appreciate any guidance with this matter. Please let me briefly explain my technique and issues.

I start by laying in the corpse position, eyes closed. I use ear plugs to eliminate background noise (I always use ear plugs anyways). I breathe through my slightly opened mouth or through my nose while relaxing and allowing my body to fall into the bed and into sleep paralysis. This is where I encounter my biggest problems. My thumbs feel like lead weights and it is almost painful. It becomes so irritating that I have no choice but to move them (sometimes I’m able to fight my way through it but it’s very distracting). I’ve tried putting my hands under the pillow, opening my hands, even putting my thumbs under my pointer fingers.
The next issue are itches. I try to ignore them, but I can get some serious itches and of course they happen when I start thinking about them. They’re not tiny either they really feel like I need to itch! I can fight through that too sometimes, but others it’s too much to bare.

When I’m able to get over that (or during it,) I start cycling through the routines. I visualize a number 1 and try to make it look real, then I do the brain strain a few times, move my eyes left to right, look for a pin point of light around my forehead region, listen for a sound, try to picture a colorful image like a red apple, rinse and repeat. By this time I might be falling into sleep paralysis, I’ve got itches galore, and my thumbs are like bricks. The agony!!!
I will allow myself to fade into nothing, then bring myself back and repeat the steps I mentioned above. Either I fall asleep, or I give up after about 20-30 minutes. I was trying for an hour, but that seemed excessive.

I’ll mention, the first time I got to the vibration stage, right before, I started seeing images, a blue and red little flashes of lightning in the distance. During my first few attempts I was able to get there a couple times, but the excitement made my heart race and I couldn’t concentrate and came out of it. Now, nothing! I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction and let me know what I might be doing wrong. Thanks for any help.

Shane
Old 24-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Aquatic_Dragon

First of all, welcome to the forums.

I have been able to astral project once before, but i wasnt focusing on the intention of performing an astral projection.

Like you i have now been practicing for a bit over 3 months now, some days i feel like im making progress and other days i feel like i am getting nowhere with it, the main thing you need to feel when it comes to astral projection is never any frustration but instead try to feel confident and positive throughout each of your practices, even if you have a night where nothing is successful do not feel frustrated about it.

I get a similar feeling in my fingers like you are describing, what ive done when this has happened has made me more confident with astral projection.
Whenever you have this feeling in your fingers try to imagine you are raising them off the bed or even through it, you should feel like your fingers are moving, as soon as you feel your fingers off of the bed then this is the point where you try to move them physically, you should notice that your fingers were in the same place they were at the start. This practice should bring your confidence up.

Another thing i try to do is not to force AP all the time, for the first 20 minutes or so i just try and relax as much as possible without the intention of AP'ing, its then at this point where i feel most relaxed i put all my intention into leaving my body, my whole body will feel like a dead weight but i will keep on with my focus.

As with the itching, whenever you get an itch within a particular spot try and think to yourself that there is another spot on your body that feels very uncomfortable, it will bring your attention off of itching, i know this is weird but it works for me so hopefully it will work for you.

The images are a great sign that you are nearly ready to leave your body, in my opinion you are doing better than me at this point so keep trying.

Also another idea is to set an alarm in the morning about 2 hrs before your regular time of waking, stay awake for about 5 mins and then rest in your bed, this should improve your chances of having an astral projection.

Best of luck.

A_D x
Old 24-11-2011, 05:01 AM
XeR0

Whenever I enter the vibrational stage, it's nothing like the "roaring, passing trucks, vibrating like an earthquake,etc." kind of vibrations. It's basically like little heartbeats all over my body. Almost as if my heart's beating too fast but at different parts of my body. Other times, I'd get a numbing, tingling sensation at some or all parts of my body. The only time I got vibrations that I would say felt like a seizure was my first successful OBE.

But no, I don't hear any sounds of chainsaws or lawnmowers or any roaring sounds....ever. It's the absence of these signs that makes me wonder if I'm ever really close to APing and if I'm just imagining myself getting close to APing when I may very well be far from it. It worries me all the time....
Old 24-11-2011, 07:22 AM
ShaneC76

Thank you.

Thanks for the advice Aqua,

You have brought up a good suggestion. My mind has certainly not been very relaxed. I’m constantly switching techniques wondering what is and isn’t working. Sometimes I’m even calling out for some spirit guide to assist me, which makes part of me feel like I’m being crazy, while the other part thinks, “no, no it’s real, you have to believe in it.” The initial process has felt a lot like beginners luck. It’s great I was able to get to the vibration stage early as it may have encouraged me to continue trying knowing that something IS on the other side; however, much like beginners luck, once you begin to understand and over think you make all the first-timer mistakes officially becoming a newb.

I have also tried the “easier method” which is waking up in the morning without moving and falling back into sleep paralysis and AP. However, I have not got close to doing this since I never remember to not move when I awake. However, I have remember to attempt to fall back into sleep paralysis, but I’m so tired and relaxed at that point I quickly fall back asleep before having time to think about what I’m supposed to do.

This whole ordeal has brought my attention back to molecular physics. I find it fascinating how many theoretical physicists hint toward the obvious potential of Astral Projecting. They don’t specifically talk about it, but the leading minds in physics point directly at the possibility. If anyone cares enough to know, there is an opposite particle to every individual physical particle called the Anti-Particle. The Anti-Particle is an exact duplicate and is not touching the normal particle (but is extremely close). It exhibits exactly the opposite of the normal particle. Another very interesting quantum mechanics discovery is entanglement. When two electrons are close enough to each other they become entangled and exhibit exactly opposite actions at any distance instantaneous (meaning faster than the speed of light). Of course, an electron has anti-particles of its own. A group of physicists have successfully been able to teleport photons from one location to another faster than the speed of light (no time as a measure). This means that it IS entirely possible to be in two locations at one time. So, technically speaking, there could very well be an exact duplicate of ourselves somewhere else in the cosmos, in an opposite dimension. This master race would not be restricted to time, since anti-particles do not breakdown – essentially they live forever. This isn’t my thinking though, this is science fact (well, theoretical). However, if it’s any help, there is a 15 billion dollar science experiment going on in Europe called CERN which is trying to uncover the origin of these phenomenon.