Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 PM
samanthanightly

projecting, but then getting stuck?

Weird scenario but I'm almost positive I finally projected the other night but it was during a lucid dream and i realized i was in my body and finally was able to jump out because i felt i had more control. once i was out, i was floating/flying around my room but i couldn't make it through the wall and i know/have heard you're supposed to be able to just go through things in the astral body

maybe i fell back into the dream state? or maybe i didn't actually project? anyone ever had the same problem?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Master

That has happened to me and I have not been able to get through the wall. I think it is because you have a doubt that you can not do it. Any doubts will prevent you from doing what you want to do. When you want to go through the wall, say I can go through it. If it does not work, then put a hole through the wall so you can go through it. You imagine it with your mind.

This morning I astral projected. I was breathing in and out and I let myself relax a bit more. I was able to push myself out of my body. I did that with my hands. I was at the bedroom curtain. I went through the window and it was snowing. I do not know where I was. It does not snow where I live. I was flying high and I was looking down at the city. I could see everything clearly. I wanted to see someone. Every time I try to see someone I end up in my body and I wake up. I have to get more experience in astral travel. What I should have done was when I was going through the window I should have said I want to see someone.
Last Saturday morning I got the vibrations but I was not relaxed enough to travel somewhere and I went back into my body.
I wish I had the will to want to try to astral project more often. I have to go to work the next day and I am worried I will be tired. Anyone else have that problem. Next month I will be on holidays for three weeks so hopefully I will be able to try more often. I know I am off the topic but I just wanted to share my experience.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:11 AM
b3yond33

@samanthanightly No, I believe you were OOB/did project. One must have the intent to go right thru a wall, window, etc. (and the belief that you can). If not, it will be solid just like the physical.
Old 16-11-2011, 02:07 AM
samanthanightly

thank you for your feedback guys. it's interesting about the doubt because once i came in contact with the wall i remember feeling that this may not be possible, only for a second though. and then when i tried to go through, that doubt must have already taken over me and i wasn't able to do it.

sadly i haven't been able to consciously project, or even project since my lucid dream. my fear prevents me from doing it consciously, and i haven't been had a lucid dream since then.

any tips on how to have/induce a lucid dream?
just tell yourself before sleep that you will be dreaming?
Old 16-11-2011, 02:15 AM
Master
samantha... I find it more interesting to go someplace and interact with beings than going through walls and stuff. Maybe you could go for that later.

You could learn more about lucid dreaming by reading a good book on it. I like "Conscious Dreaming" by Robert Moss.

Xan

Old 16-11-2011, 02:24 AM
samanthanightly

do you just think of a place, and you're there? i don't think i've really, fully grasped the concept yet. some people talk about being whist away to other planes and meeting their guides while others travel around the world. it's all about your thoughts, huh?
Old 16-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Master
Yes.. well... some of it's about your thoughts and intention, which are more powerful than you may know. And your guides can play a part in what happens out of body.

A good method is to choose a target ahead of time, then when you're out just go there... staying open to surprises, of course.

Xan

Old 16-11-2011, 02:43 AM
omcasey

Love! Robert Moss, such an excellent speaker- here's a good youtube where he's being interviewed at Esalen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZbIA3IlTc (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OElh3...feature=relmfu (part 2)

highly recommended listening..
someone who truly knows the meaning of 'dreaming'
very much aligned with him

Old 16-11-2011, 03:23 AM
samanthanightly

this has motivated me to start trying to project again :)