Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 24-08-2011, 07:38 AM
LadyMoondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
Same with my best friend and every other friend that ive lost over the years because ive opened my stupid mouth.

As a general rule, dont talk about
1) Religion
2) Politics
3) Any kind of supernatural experience or phenomena

Riboflavin:
Sounds like you need new friends - people who have open minds and respect you. And I would drop those "friends" who won't let you express your own dam beliefs and feelings. Your mouth is not stupid - neither are you.
And as for your list of prohibited topics, as a general rule thumb, those topics really shouldn't be discussed in depth with general acquaintances, co-workers, or strangers. But I have had wonderful in-depth discussions on those topics with some family members, a couple of co-workers, and friends that respect me.
Old 24-08-2011, 08:59 AM
mattie

Diplomacy Not Difficult

You’re not obligated to tell her everything you are into. You can describe your spiritual interests w/o using words that will be alarming to her. This isn’t all that hard to do. If she notices you reading a particular book you can just say that you’re curious about different belief systems. You can call it an Earth oriented religion, like some of the honored older ancient ones.

When discussing spiritual issues w/ others it is an ethical responsibility not to overload them w/ too much unfamiliar information. Some thrive on huge amounts of new information while others need new information, particularly that which can cause them to react negatively in very small tidbits.
Old 24-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMoondancer
Riboflavin:
Sounds like you need new friends - people who have open minds and respect you. And I would drop those "friends" who won't let you express your own dam beliefs and feelings. Your mouth is not stupid - neither are you.
And as for your list of prohibited topics, as a general rule thumb, those topics really shouldn't be discussed in depth with general acquaintances, co-workers, or strangers. But I have had wonderful in-depth discussions on those topics with some family members, a couple of co-workers, and friends that respect me.
Wish i could attract such friends. For me, such people are rare. Its probably obvious now because of what i said earlier in this thread but ive had more than my fair share of bad experiences in that way.. although i am happy for anyone who cannot relate to what im saying. I might be envious if i could relate to it in any way, but even imagining it is a little beyond me right now.
Old 24-08-2011, 03:50 PM
LadyMoondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
Wish i could attract such friends. For me, such people are rare. Its probably obvious now because of what i said earlier in this thread but ive had more than my fair share of bad experiences in that way.. although i am happy for anyone who cannot relate to what im saying. I might be envious if i could relate to it in any way, but even imagining it is a little beyond me right now.

Well Ribo, I've had some bad experiences as well. And sometimes true friends are hard to find. And sometimes even when you think you have found them - they turn on you. I had a bad experience with a very good "friend" stab me and my hubby in the back big time in 2003. And in the past few years, severed ties with a 30 year friendship because it was obvious her value system was not on par with mine. I always had a dislike of her mooching, and not respecting my stuff - I've always had to work hard at my job for what I have - and she was always on welfare and just learned how to say "gimme gimme" and take and take and take. (not putting welfare recipients in general down) -and in the past 10 years, she's gotten outrageous - milking the system for all its worth, getting fired from a job because of her arrogance, then not even bothering to get another one. And her new drug problem hasn't helped our friendship either. So I said goodbye to all that.

So I really don't have any close friends, not like a gal pal where I can hang out with anymore. And sometimes that bothers me, but on the whole I'm pretty happy. And I love facebook - I've reconnected with long lost relatives, and just have a ball!

well, hugs to you Ribo - hang in there. When the time is right and the person(s) is/are right - you'll find people you can be honest and forthright with. In the meantime, ya got us guys here on the forum!