Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-12-2018, 05:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Ummmmmm where do I begin with this????

I'm sitting here with a huge lump in my throat. And at the risk of coming across as big-headed....

I know exactly where you're coming from, because in you it's always been there. I'm a firm believer in Soul Groups and I've spent a of of time talking to a lot of people about just that - and a few other things. Although I don't go looking for it I can sometimes sense other people's energies coming off the page as I read their posts - I'm clairsentient, which explains that. You've always had that familiar 'energy signature' about you, although in the past it was covered in layers - you were hiding your Light under a bushel. As the book title says - "A Stranger In A Strange Land." There are others just like you and you are not alone.

I completely understand your associations - resonances - with Shiva, Hinduism, the "Glowing Ones" - with "coming Home." I completely understand your chills of the body and the convulsing because I'm getting a mild one as I type this.

Originally it began in Atlantis, the Shining Ones were the beings who had not quite fully integrated into this density, their forms appeared as though they 'glowed', in the way that the colours of a rainbow changes frequencies from one to the other. According to Graham Hancock there are 495 cultures across the globe and history that mentions specifically "The Shining Ones" - including the Sumerians and the Bible - which is why angels glow. I would think that your "Glowing Ones" would be a slight difference in translation but the same beings. What is often not realised is that in a pantheon of gods, the gods are either actual beings or anthropomorphisms. If that's how he came across to you that's quite understandable, something similar happens with mediums - it's simply a 'translation' of pure consciousness into a form the human mind can grasp.

I've seen those beings too, whether or not they're the same ones I can say for sure but I do know they are the same 'group'. I can't and won't put them into a religious context. One of the earliest resonances I had was a book by Lobsang Rampa called "The Cave of the Ancients" and that has stayed with me ever since. There are twelve plus one of them in the cave.

I had those downloads too and my brain began top implode. I had words, phrases, names, visions that made no sense at all. I had to sit down and just write to get it all out of my head, always at the same time every night for long enough. Then it just stopped.

Relating to him externally is easier for me too, although I don't want to use the word Shiva because for me it has religious connotations. I prefer using 'Higher Self' simply because of convenience more than anything else, short of a very convoluted explanation. But I do understand what you mean, because really it's all about the relationship we have between ourselves and whatever name we choose. The choice of there being an 'I' to have the experience ism my choice too, although I suppose there not being an 'I' is supposedly more Spiritual. I guess it's more fun when you realise you have a choice of perspectives to navigate.

So, if you Love Shiva do you also Love yourself? If there are no boundaries to existence are you not Love?
There are so many similarities I can notice between us, including our experiences, even the knowledge we both received...right down to the books we have both read!

When I was younger, I gobbled up ALL of Cyril's books with much delight! The Cave of The Ancients was among my faves too, as well as The Thirteenth Candle and of course, a natural progression was made from there, to reading Carlos Castenada's works.

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly that Western Spirituality has Christian undertones, we shall take the term "Christ Consciousness" for one thing! Since when was this Consciousness solely of Christ? Couldn't we just say "Consciousness" and leave the "Christ" bit out of it?

I guess all of that, had to do with those early Hindu "missionaries" who bought Eastern Spirituality to the West and taught a "Christ-based" version of Hinduism, to make it more digestible and palatable to the erudite society of the early twentieth century.

These included such personages as Swami Yogananda (I really could not relate to "Autobiography of a Yogi" whatsoever, after I had already studied the Vedas, the Upanishads et al...I had been spoiled too much) and then came Swami Vivekananda, who was more like a spiritual statesman than a true representative of the tradition....and even Jiddu Krishnamurti who was nothing more than a personified creation of the Theosophical Society than any real "Guru" basing discourse on his own meritorious experience.

I could go on.

I have also studied a lot of Graham Hancock's works as well and I was even at a Lion's Club booksale last week and saw a book there which had my "name on it". It was called "The Shining Ones" by Philip Gardiner and Gary Osborn, about how these beings have influenced human politics since time immemorial, but the book smacked too much of "conspiracy theory" for my fussy pseudo scientific tastes.

I prefer reading books by Bruce Lipton, Gregg Braden, Peter Spink...Just to name a few.

I am also glad that you can understand these things from my perspective, and I really appreciate that.

My notion of "God" (and of course, I only use that word for lack of any other term, although I have also associated it with "Higher Self" too) is what my limited mind could grasp at the time when a shining, noncorporeal energetic being manifested and made its presence known to me...and of course, it could really have been "anything", but seeing as how everything IS God, it did not feel as if I was doing myself any great disservice by labeling it such and it is also where the phrase: "the God of one's own understanding" originates.

Yes, I have been hiding my Light under a bushel and it never used to be that way... However, the circumstances were more conducive to the expression of this energy signature when I was in the company of those receptive to it and could reciprocate/exchange it...I have been thinking about venturing into such environs once more, where I would not be required to bury it under a ton of "socially acceptable stuff" for ease of mere lower plane existence.

As for your last question, here is where I become totally stuck.

I don't love myself, because I can't find any sense of self TO love. Of course, I love the spirit within me, but for some reason, I can't make the association between that and who "I" am. I have been so TOTALLY conditioned to associate "I" with "ego" that I need to work around that concept and not try to dissolve it, for "I" am still the one "who loves" in that, whatever is of the "I" loves whatever is not of the "I" and in the greatest sense possible and making that leap is something I feel that I am not meant to achieve in this lifetime.

I have tried being an Advaita Vedantin, a non-dualist, but I was never comfortable with it...I always felt very uneasy, going by my personal history, so I remained as a "Bhakta" a "devotee" and I realised that the path of non duality and ALSO duality, will lead to the same destination eventually, it is just that the path of duality has been heavily stigmatised by non dualists...so much so, that it made people feel "bad" or "wrong" by following it, and due to socio-spiritual politics, many gave up doing so.

I had to go through that " trial of fire" before I realised that what is good for the goose, isn't always going to be good for the gander and there just happened to be a hell of a lot more geese than ganders out there and the geese base their whole philosophy on the majority of those who follow it, with the whole "truth in numbers" paradigm.

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 04-12-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Master
I had a profound experience during meditation once in which I felt I learned why. Why does God which I define as the intelligence within all of creation expressing as myself and all of creation exist? Because once it did not, and from that Void of Nothingness, will/intelligence arose. And it wanted to know its self. I believe that is what the reality we are expereincing is, God knowing Herself.

Why did that intelligence arise from the Nothingness? Who knows, but I think it's the nature of reality, evolution.

Musings of a mystic.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:42 AM
Master
Quote:
You don't have to believe in fairies, Moonglow, because fairies believe in you.

What I've figured out is that the more you figure it out the more there is to figure out. Then when you stop figuring it all out you find you don't need to figure it out. Then you forget you don't need to figure it out so you can go figure it out. Every time you figure it out you figure out that you don't have to figure it out again, for the first time.

"The Seeker is always that which is sought" and sometimes it's echoed in more than Spiritual circles. And not just tossed around but often it's the basis of so many teachings - including Christianity. It's a theme that Jesus - amongst a few others - reiterated time and again.

Relax, Moonglow. Not only do those fairies believe in you they have your tail covered every step of the way but they'll throw things at you when the time is right. Spirit does know what it's doing because to Spirit, it's already done and dusted.

"For me there is only the travelling on the Paths that have a heart, on any Path that may have a heart.
There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length.... looking, looking, breathlessly"
Carlos Castedana
The Teachings of Don Juan

Hey Greenslade,

Sometime the forgetting what is already known, then remembering it again, only to forget about it once more, just to remember it again, seems like a round about. So ask, what's the point?

Find each forgetting and remembering seems to bring a little shift. For does anything remain as it was? What is being remembered and why forget about it?

Seems each remembrance brings an "Oh, yeah" and each forgetting let what may be unneeded go.

Yes, the faeries do not forget about me, but also have things to do, as do I. So, may not be forgetting as much as refocus or focusing on task at hand. If assistance or reminders needed, they provide them. Which brings them to mind as needed. Like reuniting with a long time friend who has not been directly around for awhile, but always remembered in the heart.

Guess drifting away a bit from the OP subject, but in a way brings the question around as to why it is asked. Is it one just forgets and need little reminders as to what holds importance?

Nice to have friends in high places. Sure I have more then recalled at the moment or even known.

Yes, seems many teachings point to the same thing. The "kingdom" is with in oneself.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
I had a profound experience during meditation once in which I felt I learned why. Why does God which I define as the intelligence within all of creation expressing as myself and all of creation exist? Because once it did not, and from that Void of Nothingness, will/intelligence arose. And it wanted to know its self. I believe that is what the reality we are expereincing is, God knowing Herself.

Why did that intelligence arise from the Nothingness? Who knows, but I think it's the nature of reality, evolution.

Musings of a mystic.

God knowing Herself? Hmmm. At some stage our understanding has to go beyond gender. Attributing female characteristics to God is as misguided as attributing male characteristics to God.

Yes, there is a feminine principle governing creation just as there is a masculine principle. So we can say that the Absolute manifests as:
  1. Purusha / Spirit / Will and Purpose / Masculine Principle.
  2. Prakriti / Matter / Active Intelligence / Feminine Principle.

The masculine and feminine principles in Creation are in balance and harmony, but the Absolute whence they originate has no gender.

So it is with human consciousness. Consciousness may incarnate in masculine or feminine forms, but consciousness itself is neither masculine nor feminine.

If we believe in reincarnation then we have to accept that we have all had countless lives as both women and men. In the end, we have to transcend both.

Peace.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:07 AM
Master
Good question that keeps coming back to me as well..
Two things exist.. God and matter.. but why indeed? And how do these two even manage to interact? I'd love 'God' to tell me clear and simple. Getting absorbed in bliss isn't enough.. I need the cold facts as well. I've had strange experiences where clearly the two interacted and it had impact on my physical body. How does it work at all?? 'Feeling' it isn't enough..!
Old 05-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
OK Ziusudra

God exists in your reality for your reasons, but the real question is what do you get out of our belief in God?

I do not get anything out of belief in God in this real space.
Why? in my own physical world, my life goes on as always whether or not we solve the WHY 'God' exists.
My journey does not change a bit.

The more our science advances, the more we know that our universe and its laws are precisely perfect in order for our existence.
With this precision, our universe can even exist. Otherwise, it would be nothing but a gas filled space.
There are universal law, as the law of nature that can not be random accidental creation.

Here is an interesting video clip - This physicist makes physic so interesting.
I
God is mathematician. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jremlZvNDuk
Old 05-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Color

I saw ''God is a mathematician." YES! and a Genius in everything else....
physics, calculus, art and music, chemistry and biology, aerodynamics and quasars...

Why....He created math ...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Why....He created math ...
I’m not so sure... I don’t believe in a creator God myself.. (although it’s a far more comforting thought)..

For all we know there are infinite cycles and big bangs, which would make matter eternal and merely restructuring itself over and over again..
Old 05-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I’m not so sure... I don’t believe in a creator God myself.. (although it’s a far more comforting thought)..

For all we know there are infinite cycles and big bangs, which would make matter eternal and merely restructuring itself over and over again..

It makes sense that there are infinite cycles of Big Bangs and Big Crunches as matter comes into and goes out of existence. So perhaps the creator God expresses through the various laws we see in action all around us, utilising the natural intelligence inherent in matter.

Again, we return to the idea of the Absolute manifesting as Purusha (the Will and Purpose of Spirit) and Prakriti (the Active Intelligence of Matter). Purusha and Prakriti are infinite, and they combine to create Consciousness expressing through Love/Wisdom.

Peace.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21

Musings of a mystic.

bluebird21,

This caught my attention.....speaking of nothingness. Lurianic Kabbalah uses the term 'tsimtsum' to attribute the creation of the world being made possible by God creating a void within Himself to allow creation of the world. Theoretically nothing can exist outside of God so for man to exist it was necessary for God to create a void within himself. This, as the logic goes, it, therefore made freedom possible(and likewise intelligence).....in other words giving man the free will which could allow man to stand in opposition to God. Actually one should pursue this as an avenue for understanding possibilities. I will not attempt to flesh this out in detail and the implied consequences and nature of this teaching. It is certainly more intricate than what I have shared.