Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
green

does it realy help you?

a question:

so you got a reading or gave yourself a reading.
and you got some answers, clear answers.
lets say positive but it can be also negative, whatever kind.
now you have an answer...

does it really helps you?
is it really influence your coming actions?

lets say, you asked about going on a trip, and the answer was yes do it, but you know you don't have enough money but you really want it, will you go on this trip just because the cards told you so?

someone has asked you out, you don't really like this person, or you don't feel that comfortable about him, you used your cards and they told you go out with this person, get to know him or her.. will do you it? even you don't feel like doing so?

the cards promised you something... do you look forward it?

2 questions really
1. is it help you knowing?
2. will you act upon this knowledge?

G
Old 04-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Knower

Hi Green
I have been working with the cards for a couple years now, not an expert by any means... personally? I think the Tarot is really more of an "opening out" life kinda thing, and not so much trying to get "answers"... although I know it can be used that way.

Like, in addition to asking "should I go out this person?" you can ask something like, "Dear Tarot... what will this meeting bring about?"

Then... you get some cards and you start pondering what those cards could mean, in that situation. Say, you get a 10 swords... and an Ace of Cups... you could look at that and conclude, "hey... that looks a lot of black swordsy stuff... not always fun... and yet a nice happy cup card... "?

I mean, your emotions will of course recoil if you aren't "feeling" it with the person...however we are also creatures of mind and intellect and learning. So the Tarot here could be saying something like... take a CHANCE even though you ain't feeling it. And see what happens? I mean, life is just a bunch of experiments really... trying this and that just to see what happens. IMHO.

Anyway, I had to remind myself of that too, so thanks for the question, its an excellent one!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by green
a question:

so you got a reading or gave yourself a reading.
and you got some answers, clear answers.
lets say positive but it can be also negative, whatever kind.
now you have an answer...

does it really helps you?
is it really influence your coming actions?

lets say, you asked about going on a trip, and the answer was yes do it, but you know you don't have enough money but you really want it, will you go on this trip just because the cards told you so?

someone has asked you out, you don't really like this person, or you don't feel that comfortable about him, you used your cards and they told you go out with this person, get to know him or her.. will do you it? even you don't feel like doing so?

the cards promised you something... do you look forward it?

2 questions really
1. is it help you knowing?
2. will you act upon this knowledge?

G
Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 PM
green

mike- a nice happy cup card??? really.....

i know what you mean mike, and i agree with every word, but every now and again, these questions pop up, just thought of sharing them and see what others think about them.

also, sometimes, as i give readings professionally, people ask me what to do, really drive me crazy, no matter what i say, and then they go and do just the opposite to what was suggested to them by the cards, and then come back complaining and so on.. so one again it give rise to these questions...

as i said, i wonder what others thing about these questions.

G

p.s cup cards are tricky.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 PM
cMarie

I think Mike covered it pretty well, but I wanted to add a couple of thoughts...

I generally do not ask yes or no questions for the very reason you are talking about! Instead I ask about possible outcomes if I do something. I generally doubt and wonder too much about a straight yes or no, I want more details.

Also, I listen to my own gut or intuition over what the Tarot advises. If Tarot is advising something that doesn't seem 'right', it gives me pause and makes me consider something more deeply. I give it more thought and try to see perspectives I may be missing, and I may decide to take a chance - but if I really feel strongly one way I will always listen to my intuition, no matter what! I have been burned too many times by not listening to my intuition.

I have only been studying Tarot for a few years now, so I also question my interpretation of the cards, especially if I am reading for myself. Intuition is my sure bet. Tarot helps out, gives me more information and ideas that I had not thought of. Many times it reinforces what my gut is telling me along with details that go beyond my feeling.

Just my two cents! :)