Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 29-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Master
For protein intake I been eating eggs, protein shakes, I drink almond milk but that doesn't have much protein. I completely forgot about the egg whites, for sure I be getting that too.
Old 29-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyheaven1979
I do know that eating a lot of fish is not healthy either cause of the mercury. But what's healthy to eat?, I mean vegetables and fruits are contaminated with pesticides and I can go on and on with every food that's contaminated. There's always something, I'm just trying to at least eat what's a bit better. I guess!

always something i agree. i suppose then its about minimising exposure. some fish, bottom feeders i believe, carry alot more mercury. even then youd have to eat a fair bit. of course all vegetariains should eat eat organically due to conventional agriculture devistating affects on animals, and plants; fauna, flora etc. i think organic, with meat eating, is probably more helpfull to animals than non-organic vegetarian.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 29-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Master
I eat more tilapia, tuna, cod and salmon once in a while. I still don't know which one carries more mercury. I been eating fish at least 4 times a week, I don't know if that's too much or too little!?
Old 29-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyheaven1979
I eat more tilapia, tuna, cod and salmon once in a while. I still don't know which one carries more mercury. I been eating fish at least 4 times a week, I don't know if that's too much or too little!?

Also, make sure you're eating "wild caught" fish and not "farm raised."
Old 29-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Master
I know what you mean muileag! I learned that a couple of months ago!!! Big mistake I was doing!!
Old 30-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by muileag
Also, make sure you're eating "wild caught" fish and not "farm raised."

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that, despite being religious about buying eggs from free range chickens.

Having recently become a vegetarian and shifted to a pescatarian, it's a minefield out there. Meat-flavoured crisps are vegetarian and cheese-flavoured crisps aren't. Eh? Certain cheeses I particularly love are now no longer an option.

How vegans get on must be a full-time job.
Old 30-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that, despite being religious about buying eggs from free range chickens.

Having recently become a vegetarian and shifted to a pescatarian, it's a minefield out there. Meat-flavoured crisps are vegetarian and cheese-flavoured crisps aren't. Eh? Certain cheeses I particularly love are now no longer an option.

I got quite an education while I was shopping/cooking for my vegan son while he was in high school. It was tough to keep it vegan AND clean. He went back to vegetarianism after a few years (this was during the time I was eating vegetarian) but he's now an omnivore.

No matter what foods you're including in your diet...it's getting tough out there to find nutritious and chemical-free foods, especially if you're feeding a family on a strict budget.
Old 30-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit

I thought dairy was a vegetarian accepted food? I'd see it not being allowed for Vegan.

One of the hardest things about having a vegetarian or vegan food style is finding things to eat when out places.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Vegan 'eating-out' can be a bit tricky, unless there's a vegetarian/vegan restaurant around. And some places have some brilliant ones!
But I've found even my local fish and chip shop do a vegan bean burger and chips so that's handy! If you don't eat out often even baked beans and chips with a side salad or some veg. will do as a one-off now and again. It might not be on the menu, but many places will make that up for you if you ask.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:29 AM
Experiencer
Many restaurants here in Amsterdam now also have some vegetarian dishes, although I don't know if they also have vegan dishes. It does get more popular here.
There is also a vegetarian/vegan fastfood chain called Maoz. I've been there once and liked what they served.

Personally I am not so very strict on my diet. If my neighbours would offer me something that includes meat, like recently during the worldcup, I just accept it and enjoy the offering.