Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I've found it is *much* easier to attract things I don't want than it is to attract things I want.
Even the 'Law of Attraction' has an answer for this phenomenon; "That which you resist, persists".
Old 21-11-2017, 12:06 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Even the 'Law of Attraction' has an answer for this phenomenon; "That which you resist, persists".
ok, thats what he meant when he said "I've found it is *much* easier to attract things I don't want than it is to attract things I want" yeah i kinda think that, that "That which you resist, persists" can be a thing at times.

Actually lets just put these three things together...

LOA, Destiny and a Mathematically perfect universe.

What do you guys think about these things? LOA (Law of attraction) destiny and a mathematically perfect universe. What i mean by a mathematically perfect universe is that if we were to see the entire universe all layed out in front of us it could possibly be absolutely perfect in some mathematically mind blowing way, down to the every little detail. If so then where does LOA stand? and destiny too? where not separate from the universe so we are creating all those at the same time, but still there is that question of are things happening because i made it happen or was it meant to happen (i think i just answered my questions with that last line, but im still gonna post this... drop the i and yes you made it all happen, theres still some bigger picture to it though i think)

Anyway i have noticed i had to go through things that at the time i thought "why is this happening for!?" but later on in life i can see why i went through those things they now make sense and helped me with future situations, its almost like it had to happen so something else could happen or be known that you needed for later. So yea..
Old 21-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Master

The original title 'enough of the sweety pie spirituality' suffices in my opinion to show support as well as doubt for the multi-and many sides of the so-called spirituality which we all see on spiritual forums. Nothing wrong with that. Most views of which cannot be reconciled with any other POVs. Any given groups with members of shared beliefs will always have divergent views even of the same belief - this is because nothing is true. The universe is in a constant state of flux.
There are 8 billion people on this planet. Everyone of them starts every new day in the world he or she exists in. Each of these persons lives the way he/she understands it. Each viewpoint can be said to be the correct one. Everyone is 'right'. There is no 'right path', there is only the way one chooses to live in that world in which each of us has a part.
Some people we consider to be lucky, others to be hard done by. Clearly most people want a life which provides some comforts and decency. If it's not easily available then people make efforts to attain some sort of decent life - by various means.
An escape is seemingly offered by 'spirituality', how this word is defined varies within cultures, countries and groups. It may not even be realized that each of us, even secretly, ask why we are here, the how and the wherefore. Some are religious, choosing one of many offered 'salvations', some are political belief followers seeing salvation in capitalism or communism for example. Some are athiests, materialists, musicians, artists, actors and such like. But all are seeking something that cannot be seen and to which we have given the word 'truth'.
Everything is as it is because of what has been. In the background there is a force, one we call consciousness which each of us forms and helps to create in the way we each see the world.
These experiences we make, which 'go back' to find themselves as part of this universal consciousness are the impulses which cause everything to move forward in this state we call and experience as matter.

What you believe is true.
Old 21-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

So if you focus on negative and try to fight negative you will give it power.

This is what i was saying in my very first post. nice touch!
Old 21-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
To be honest i don't watch the news except for the weather. I was just putting how the chain reaction happens. As you mentioned thats a great change hope to see that go viral.

Humor my crazy over analytical mind for just a moment.

Someone brought up harp and i asked them if they knew of LOA and they replied "the secret" i laughed and said yes.

then trailed on to bringing up the weather forcast in the late 80's and early 90's they said yes the system was horrible and very very inaccurate. they agreed so i pointed out first the media would tease about how inaccurate the weather was. then in time as the news stations bragged about how much better their weather tracking Doppler was then everyone else's. We started to believe that it was so. so when they would say thanksgiving will be cold and windy with a chance of freezing rain we would believe it. well more and more would believe it in time. Once a certain amount of people believe something to be true they will overpower the rest.

They looked at me and it dawned on them that the weather being broadcast-ed on the news was helping to create the weather they predicted on the TV, newspaper and now our phones and internet. By way of the people who have faith in the forecast. I still smile when someone tells me what the weather will be for the day!

I could even go on about sale adds in the media as well. People get happy about sale's and saving money. All the while they don't take note to how those adds bring focus to saving money and for some their lack of money. Creating more lack of money and more reasons to find ways to save.

But by pointing this out I'm giving some the solution. Conscious, self aware individuals but those that are not will focus more on those sale adds and get upset when they see them. or when the news lists the new bug going around, they will get mad at the news story and most likely will get sick or notice more and more people with that bug.

hence why id much rather lead people to solutions by urging them to discover who they are. when they know this all will be brought to the light. the problems and the solutions.
Old 21-11-2017, 06:54 PM
Knower

Fascinating thread.

Lately, I have been questioning if things such as
LOA compromise the authencity of existence?
Even, delude to a degree.

Meaning, the more focus one gives to thought the
more real it becomes. Regardless of its contents.
rather then the complete cessation of identifying with
the mind & understanding it's true nature.

Wouldn't, by effect, you'd become prisoner
to the mind & external reality?

Also, life just becomes a game in a sense,
stragety. Nothing more. If I think this way, alter
my thoughts, feelings, etc then I will acquire
x, y, z.

More attachment, more delusion, etc.

Just a thought.
Old 21-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
Fascinating thread.

Lately, I have been questioning if things such as
LOA compromise the authencity of existence?
Even, delude to a degree.

Meaning, the more focus one gives to thought the
more real it becomes. Regardless of its contents.
rather then the complete cessation of identifying with
the mind & understanding it's true nature.

Wouldn't, by effect, you'd become prisoner
to the mind & external reality?

Also, life just becomes a game in a sense,
stragety. Nothing more. If I think this way, alter
my thoughts, feelings, etc then I will acquire
x, y, z.

More attachment, more delusion, etc.

Just a thought.

Agreed that one overthinking LOA and thought will cause that.
but what is that teaching them? what will they learn?
Doesn't matter how you go about it we're all on the same roller coaster of ups and downs all leading to the same destination.

Isn't the whole of reality just mirroring you back to yourself until you see?
and then once you do, you realize you have all you need. knowing you have all you need why would you overthink thought? At this point LOA/Karma is completely clear and does not require thought.

But for some that time frame of overthinking LOA will lead them to seeing themselves more clearly.

Below is a perfect example of seeking outside fulfillment using LOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Let's turn the question around. How does it benefit us to hold on to the "I"?

If we hold on to the sense of "I" then we are identifying with something very limited, something which feels very incomplete. So life becomes a futile search for fulfilment and completion, which can only lead to suffering and disappointment. Whatever satisfaction we may find is only temporary. If we hold on to the limited "I" then nothing that we do will make us feel complete. There is no benefit in holding on to the "I".

If we can realise that there is no "I" then we realise that what we are is already complete. Nothing can be added to what we are, nothing can be taken away. There is no need to become anyone, there is no need to go anywhere, there is no need to do anything. We can still go places and do things, but there is no longer the desperate search for whatever we feel is missing in our lives.

Letting go of the "I" is the finding of peace. Isn't that what we all want, deep down?

Peace.
Old 21-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Ascender

I don't think that talking about things gives them more power... I think that knowledge is power... knowing about things gives you power. When you know how something works, you can better work to contradict it.
It's all in how you talk about things too, just because people are bringing negative things forward, doesn't mean they have a negative vibe or are negative themselves, some have really positive messages and are still talking about the negative. It's all in how you talk about it.
Old 21-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I don't think that talking about things gives them more power... I think that knowledge is power... knowing about things gives you power. When you know how something works, you can better work to contradict it.
It's all in how you talk about things too, just because people are bringing negative things forward, doesn't mean they have a negative vibe or are negative themselves, some have really positive messages and are still talking about the negative. It's all in how you talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
Humor my crazy over analytical mind for just a moment.

Someone brought up harp and i asked them if they knew of LOA and they replied "the secret" i laughed and said yes.

then trailed on to bringing up the weather forcast in the late 80's and early 90's they said yes the system was horrible and very very inaccurate. they agreed so i pointed out first the media would tease about how inaccurate the weather was. then in time as the news stations bragged about how much better their weather tracking Doppler was then everyone else's. We started to believe that it was so. so when they would say thanksgiving will be cold and windy with a chance of freezing rain we would believe it. well more and more would believe it in time. Once a certain amount of people believe something to be true they will overpower the rest.

They looked at me and it dawned on them that the weather being broadcast-ed on the news was helping to create the weather they predicted on the TV, newspaper and now our phones and internet. By way of the people who have faith in the forecast. I still smile when someone tells me what the weather will be for the day!

I could even go on about sale adds in the media as well. People get happy about sale's and saving money. All the while they don't take note to how those adds bring focus to saving money and for some their lack of money. Creating more lack of money and more reasons to find ways to save.

But by pointing this out I'm giving some the solution. Conscious, self aware individuals but those that are not will focus more on those sale adds and get upset when they see them. or when the news lists the new bug going around, they will get mad at the news story and most likely will get sick or notice more and more people with that bug.

hence why id much rather lead people to solutions by urging them to discover who they are. when they know this all will be brought to the light. the problems and the solutions.

Old 21-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139

I know right? if you see a kid running with a knife or scissors you would tell him/her to stop that because they may fall over an stab themselves, correct? but some people who are really into LOA would prob say no don't tell him that because then you will give him/her the idea of that happening he/she will then fall over.... it's kinda like the people who say everything is an illusion but say "ouch that hurt, why did you do that for!?" when you punch them and your like "what? it was just an illusion"