Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Acceptance is great, but it isn't enough. There must be a reason / goal for which we're here. If we don't meet the goal, we wasted the opportunity.
Nikolai Tesla said "I haven't got it wrong a thousand times, I have learned of a thousand ways it can't be done."

You have all of eternity to get it right, and if you think you've wasted the opportunity then you've wasted the opportunity.
Old 22-05-2018, 03:16 AM
Master
It certainly helps knowing that nothing is ever permanent. Even if I were to completely eff things up, it would be but a blip on my soul's multidimensional radar, and she'd just have to create a new incarnation to do it all.

It's comforting that we all can move at our own pace and take all the time in the world to get where we need to be.
Old 23-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
I've recently come to a similar realization myself.

Life seems so much less daunting when you understand that its all temporary, and that one's true essence is everlasting and holy.

Personally, I feel that all of our "selves" each life become a part of the soul and are cherished equally. I can't possibly fathom how this is so, but it feels right. Strangely, my own reaction to this is one of resistance. I know my pain is temporary, but its as if I don't want to "get over it", and instead be a constant, nagging reminder to my soul that "hey, you picked this life and it sucked at times." But that's just me lol.

Maybe that is just how you believe things to be because that is how it appears to you. You try to forget or overcome the pain but you can't, so you assume you have chosen this life or this pain has meaning and is good to keep around.

maybe the pain has no good reason, maybe it is worth totally forgetting. Maybe you just haven't found the way to do that though. probably from lack of trying, not because the pain was meant to be and not because the pain has meaning.

its a lot of maybe, I know. lol
Old 23-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitydown
It certainly helps knowing that nothing is ever permanent. Even if I were to completely eff things up, it would be but a blip on my soul's multidimensional radar, and she'd just have to create a new incarnation to do it all.

It's comforting that we all can move at our own pace and take all the time in the world to get where we need to be.

what are your ideas on where we need to be?

i've been reading some books about enlightenment lately. seems interesting but I know it's only one version of the ideal goal or purpose in life. I'm open to anybodys theories
Old 23-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
what are your ideas on where we need to be?

i've been reading some books about enlightenment lately. seems interesting but I know it's only one version of the ideal goal or purpose in life. I'm open to anybodys theories

Depends on what you want. For me in this life, it is complete freedom, without being responsible for anyone's welfare except my own--in service to others but not beholden to them. Completely independent, with no children or romantic entanglements.

No distractions, no addictions, no 3d ties. Basically, through discipline and structure, paradoxically I gain true freedom from this 3d world and live as my True Self.

And of course, eventually ascend. :)

Where my soul needs to be, is where she has finally experienced the full scale of her fully realized self at peace with herself and the Universe

-Trinity
Old 23-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Depends on what you want. For me in this life, it is complete freedom, without being responsible for anyone's welfare except my own--in service to others but not beholden to them. Completely independent, with no children or romantic entanglements.

No distractions, no addictions, no 3d ties. Basically, through discipline and structure, paradoxically I gain true freedom from this 3d world and live as my True Self.

And of course, eventually ascend. :)

Where my soul needs to be, is where she has finally experienced the full scale of her fully realized self at peace with herself and the Universe

-Trinity

What do you define your true self as?

what does it mean to ascend?

where does my soul need to be... these are all really good questions I have never really thought about.
Old 24-05-2018, 02:01 AM
Master
I...haven't gotten there yet. I am still in the very beginning stages, i believe that a lot of my questions will be answered as I progress.

Would have progressed a lot faster I think had I realized my true desire from the getgo. But life and lessons hsve never come easy to me--i always have to find stuff out the hard way it seems.

I think a better word would be 'transcend' rather than ascend now that i think about it. Transcending old habits and behaviors that no longer suit me.

I guess i will find out where my soul needs to be when i get there. :)
Old 24-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
I...haven't gotten there yet. I am still in the very beginning stages, i believe that a lot of my questions will be answered as I progress.

Would have progressed a lot faster I think had I realized my true desire from the getgo. But life and lessons hsve never come easy to me--i always have to find stuff out the hard way it seems.

I think a better word would be 'transcend' rather than ascend now that i think about it. Transcending old habits and behaviors that no longer suit me.

I guess i will find out where my soul needs to be when i get there. :)

seems like it is that way for many people.

maybe your soul already is there? have you considered where you are now is where you want to be?
Old 25-05-2018, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
seems like it is that way for many people.

maybe your soul already is there? have you considered where you are now is where you want to be?

Perhaps my Higher Self is in that nice state.

As for my soul--i don't know because I have felt discontent with life as far as i can remember, and given my soul is me...

That again though, might be the work of the nasty ego as well as old programming from past lives that is influencing said ability to be happy?

Food for thought, surely.

It is funny how my mind works. I finally feel that I get things all figured out, and then I am presented questions that get me thinking again--even though I am trying to think less and feel/do more, lol
Old 25-05-2018, 04:21 AM
Master
Remember, there is no separation between the soul, HS and spirit. Soul and HS can be the same but in most cases are not the same.