Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-06-2016, 02:37 AM
Deactivated Account

Question baptist

I have been told that in the spiritual world one has to be baptized to go to heaven. I need assurance that this is a fact/truth. Course-Paul
Old 12-06-2016, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious-one
I have been told that in the spiritual world one has to be baptized to go to heaven. I need assurance that this is a fact/truth. Course-Paul
The Christian act of Baptism is symbolic of the Baptism of Spirit God gives us upon surrender to His Divine Will, unconditional love and endless grace! - that Soul Baptism is done through fire...the kind of fire which rises up the human spine with 'heaven' being a state of pure joy, bliss and fulfilment.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Question Baptize

Why does the Mormon latter day saints say all religions are false to baptize a possible convert to the LDS and they are the true ones that can?

What happens to those who never hear of God, Jesus Christ, the holy spirit?
Curious-Paul

Last edited by Curious-one : 12-06-2016 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Word correct
Old 12-06-2016, 11:52 PM
Master
This is way out of my league, but the Pentacostals believe unless you are Baptised by full immersion, you're not baptised. Each of these Christian sects have their own way of doing it, believing the others are all false...so I dunno, mate.

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 13-06-2016 at 03:18 AM.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:31 AM
Master
This just came from Spirit - and no, I'm not going to channel Spirit all day today like I was doing yesterday...I'm still picking up the pieces of my totally fractured and shattered psyche...but anyway, just one...

"Baptism is the symbolic reference to the whole process of surrendering your human will or ego to that of a higher power and the endless grace which is represented by the 'showering of waters' being that of the Holy Spirit when the wings of that dove tends to alight upon your very soul.

It is the ego relation of man to think that their religion holds the only message to salvation, but it also must be up to the discretion of the seeker not to take all of these representational archaic practices on face-value either. If seen in the context of being a symbolic act, then no Christian sect is right or wrong in their approaches to it.

The Pentacostal paradigm of 'full immersion' fits here, in that if you are going to allow a soul-baptism to take place, you don't do it by half-measures. You don't allow yourself merely to become 'touched' by God's 'Holy Spirit'...rather, you drown yourself in it...fully immerse yourself in the whole experience....glossolalia is another thing I will touch on some other day."

At 18, I was baptised by the Pentacostals in full-immersion...not that I was a Christian, mind you (I was Buddhist at the time), just to see what effect it would have on me. It was like a whole purification process...it was nice...
Old 13-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Master
I understand baptism to be symbolic of purification/cleansing and I was baptised when I was 15 years old by immersion by a Pentecostal church. But I hold the view that it is not a key to enter heaven and I don't know who is wrong or right about the way they baptise.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Why does the Mormon latter day saints say all religions are false to baptize a possible convert to the LDS and they are the true ones that can?

Curious-Paul
Old 14-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Experiencer
Baptism is an outward expression of ones choice to live a life in accordance with the dogmas and doctrines of the sect they've submitted their will to.

There are some whose parents had them baptized when they were too immature to make the conscious decision for themselves and they (those given the baptism) still grew up to commit heinous crimes. Thus, baptism given under unconscious compulsion (forced upon one by another without their conscious consent) in itself does nothing in regards to changing the "spirit/psyche" of the individual. This is a long outdated and elementary belief, that like most beliefs is just that; belief not absolute truth.

There are those who've never been baptized and they live a simple peaceful life, and of course you also have the opposite of this, thus revealing that the baptism itself does nothing, rather the baptism is simply an outward expression of ones own conscious choice, which in fact it is conscious choice that does everything.

Why LDS says all religions are false is because this is their staunch belief in which they have yet to enquire into any depth of the statements absolute validity, which if they did they would see the errors of their ways. In other words, they are putting their own limitations on the unlimited potential of God. Remember, what we think about God is not what God thinks but only what we think, our mind is finite and limited, Gods is not, so any time we put a limitation on God what we're really doing is revealing our own limitations. LDS is a limitation, a fragmentation, as is everything that attempts to divide or separate the whole of creation.

What happens to those who never hear of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit is the same exact thing that happens to those who do-life happens and then death and this cycle repeats itself over and over. Christianity was a concept, an ideology, an idea, a belief, a thought, perhaps a needed one at the time of its inception, but today it has become nothing more than idolatry and the worship of graven images, which the Bible itself explicitly warns against the practice of. That which was originally intended to unite has in fact and unfortunately done more to divide humanity against itself.

Of course everything stated above is just how I see it at the current momentum, and this is subject to change, and I believe it not to be "the truth" of any kind but only perceptions run through the filters of my mind, and it may or may not coincide with your views, which is the beauty of the limitless variations of creation.....that we're all not robotic parrots repeating the same thing over and over with no capacity to change.
Old 14-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious-one

Curious-Paul

Because otherwise their standpoint won't stand against the rest of the Christian sectors who truly preach God Himself, though the mainstream sectors too suffer the same limitation the LDS does, but in a totally and significantly different way from the LDS aka the Mormons. This is as direct as I can get. Everything they preach has no reference nor standpoint (other than they read the bible text like what others do) that can point directly to what the others preach, so the LDS stays the LDS, and the rest stay directly away from the LDS. Instead interpreting the Bible correctly, they replaced every single interpretation with their incomplete and crippled Mormon-only doctrines. At the end of the day, your doctrine base became, them. A totally different story of some restoration of a church (that has already been there longer than they do and perhaps more spiritually advanced too) popping up, as if, nowhere. Everything came from there.

But to know the Truth of God is towards the searching of the complete Unlimitness of the Him or the Her, both in the world of limitation and the unlimitation, while enduring the limitation, to understand the definition of how far unlimitness can go. Neither I agree imposing limitation of the search. Searching has no end, but believing in LDS does.. if you really want to know the correct Christianity, pray even more to God, and stay away from the Mormons. (even those missionaries are really magnets. Resist them.)

And yes to answer your question: God is always by your side. You cannot miss Him if you look for Him. It does not concern a bit whether the gospel is spread or not. But of course, you starting to bang on His door first. Those who don't really got that concept yet, it will just come anyways, just depend on when. Plus more than one religion/say got the idea of reincarnation come to play even Christian sectors don't. Dont worry though, because you've heard of God in some way already.

Edit:
And forgot to mention, as a word of warning, Their church always got a kind of power to tempt people to believe in nothing but them like a magickal curse. You everytime hear them talking, you get a boosted high. A very spiritually dangerous church that definitely not of God's doing in this regard. I have been there. It took me more than 4 years just to shake off their toxic influence completely. Otherwise you will find missionaries on the street over and over again. And when I tried to forget about their religion, those missionaries kept coming back (including you cannot resist, or you try to resist giving them your phone no every single time)
Old 14-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Master
Baptism...

Why should anyone concern themselves about baptism, when there's a 50/50 chance that a heaven might - or might not - exist...

Personally, I think it's the latter... Naturally: I stand to be corrected...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...