Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-11-2023, 06:59 AM
Master

well i was presented with an idea as to why an all-powerful god might do what we see that he did even though we definitely don't like it, and there is a lot of stuff that kinda supports what was said. As far as the dinosaurs i suspect he is kinda partial to dinosaurs, but, we had to be put in human bodies to face various issues head on. So the dinosaurs had to go at least for now... handy meteor was the physical manifestation as to the how/why that we were provided with for when we went looking for the one true answer to that mystery.

But I guess it is like anything else, I can ALWAYS find a way to back up whatever position I wanna take. Depends on how contorted I can stand for things to get I suppose!

personally when I'm not enamored of playing with that I'm a little partial to the 'zoo' theory, maybe the aliens accidentally wrecked our habitat or something and now they are trying to help us find a way to fix things again lol... but that is just me trying to find a way to not be alone! (impish grin)
Old 25-11-2023, 08:54 PM
Experiencer

No offense, but don't talk these human things around the angels or they will laugh their wings off.

Imagine that there have been conflicts in the past, both in heaven and on earth, some attempts were made to destroy this planet. Humans were taught how to survive but many animals perished.

Of course I'm not referring to the Holy, Eternal, Great and Glorious Heavens, only the lower heavens closer to mortals. And that wasn't so long ago as humans think.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 26-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Master

Imagine you are an all powerful God and you created the earth and everything on it. I just read that a sweeping report assessing the state of the natural world found that humans are having an “unprecedented” and devastating effect on global biodiversity, with about 1 million animal and plant species now threatened with extinction.

Imagine you made a lot of creatures, then one of them, human beings, are going to wipe out a million of what you created. The first thing I thought of is maybe God has creature back-ups on a God hard drive so God does not have to re-make them on the next earth God makes.

But yea if I made a million things then a bunch of wild dogs destroyed all of them I'd be mad. I wonder how many medicines and cures were hidden in plants we made extinct.

Really humans are soon to cover every inch of this earth. Human population doubles every 70 years or so.
Old 26-11-2023, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Really humans are soon to cover every inch of this earth. Human population doubles every 70 years or so.
God did say " go forth and multiply "
Old 26-11-2023, 03:49 PM
Master

well my own 'take' is that the 'terrain' is actually 4D not 3D. The idea we see it as 3D is similar to a book 'flatland' that described life in 2D. I think the book had something to say about 2D beings encountering conundrums when confronted with 3D objects lol... in the same way we wouldn't have much 'real' understanding for 4D objects when confronted with them.

so anyway what that means to me is, a 'place' where many of the animals are dead and the earth is devasted (in 4D) is like a 'desert' (in 3D). Doesn't mean there isn't a rain forest somewhere else (in 4D) where there are a lot of animals though lol...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also back to my other thought by the way, people seem awfully enamored of this idea that god cannot do simply anything he wants... or alternatively that he must want what we want despite the bible saying explicitly that that is simply not the case...
Old 26-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
God did say " go forth and multiply "

I was thinking if a God created the human being, they would have designed those hormonal chemical driven drives, (which pretty much disappear if the hormones do) so really there was no need to tell humans to do something you already designed them to do. They could not not do it. I think kind of a waste of energy to tell them. All animals are that way as well I guess and no one tells wild animals what to do and they make offspring.

But then of course the new humans, Adam and Eve, had kids and one of the kids broke rules God would eventually write on tablets as far as what to not do. "Thou shall not kill." A lot seem to ignore that commandment. It's interesting as God ordered humans to not do such things, yet humans continue to do them.

And then God could have deigned his creations to not be able to do such things. We invent the idea of free will to get God off the hook but God created something not only capable of doing such things but driven by drives such as self interest and anger etc to make such things occur. Basically the idea is an all powerful being created things that do things the creator does not want them to do.

Which brings up the question, do we have to do what our body and brain compels us to do? (As designed by God) Especially if it harms other people in some way? I think then we may get to the point of God's creation. For consciousness (the soul) to be free of the body's influences. I think to do that one needs higher awareness and focus, attention etc in the present moment. And that may be the whole point of human existence. The creation of a creature driven to sin (human body) with a soul inside that has the potential to transcend the human parts and align with the divine attributes of the soul.
Old 26-11-2023, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Which brings up the question, do we have to do what our body and brain compels us to do?
No, change your mind and your brain will follow.... not my opinion but my experience
Old 26-11-2023, 06:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Gosh FL you do tie yourself in knots
If heaven is a state of mind (as some seem to think) then you can go there anytime you choose whilst still in the physical body.

hehehe... in my previous though I had defined heaven as some place out there, above the sky, definitely a place other than where I am, not a state of mind. In the same breath though I defined the kingdom of god as in us and around us, which makes it the same as the 'state of mind' you postulate, and I'm also want to think I could actually go there (or rather not not-go there lol) so despite not saying the exact same words it seems like we are on the same page anyway
Old 26-11-2023, 07:58 PM
Master
I like this by Meister Eckhart.

" When earth discovered that its nature was unlike that of heaven and far from it, it fled from heaven to the lowest place it could find and remained there in stillness.”
Old 27-11-2023, 02:29 AM
Master

1 corinthians 1:27:

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty