Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-10-2023, 09:40 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
1 Corinthians 3:16 KJB.
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

When I spoke of God it was to refer to the impossibility of his having a physical existence. The Bible clearly states that God is Spirit.
Old 27-10-2023, 04:44 AM
Master
I not. Who or who not. There is no I.

(I may have misquoted that)
Old 29-10-2023, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
There will never be resolution here because there is no consensus of a definition for ‘I’. For me “I” is the hand picked name of God. Because God is eternal His “I” can neither be transitory nor can it cast a shadow. Transitory implies both time and subsequently movement…..and that is dependent on the movement of the earth around the sun. God does not reside on the earth…..

Hello, I have heard of perfect 'I'. But I am not sure it is possible, even for God. My understanding is that all 'I' is transitory because God is greater. It is a confusing equation between 'God rules' or 'I rule'.....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-10-2023, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There is no I.

Because....?
Old 29-10-2023, 03:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It is a confusing equation between 'God rules' or 'I rule'.....

i made it easy by deciding 'i' don't WANT to rule. 'i' don't WANT To be all powerful like god. I don't WANT To sit here thinking everything is my responsibility and I made it and as weird as it sounds I run it even though I don't.

he gave my 'i' its own life and that is some of the things this life of mine doesn't want. And I don't Got to eat food just because it is put in front of me.
Old 30-10-2023, 04:52 AM
Master

Quote:
There will never be resolution here because there is no consensus of a definition for ‘I’.

I think one reason for that is definitions are static and unchanging. Like the definition for an apple pie or salt or whatever. But take me, the "I". I am changing all the time. Sometimes I'm angry, sometimes frustrated. Other times I am happy or calm and relaxed. Sometimes I am aware and sometimes unaware. Sometimes I am thinking about music other times God other times my problems. Sometimes I'm spacing out or lost in a daydream or lost in some TV show.

If the "I" is changing all the time how can one define what it is? Imagine an apple pie that has apples in it one day, and oranges in it the next, the crust comes and goes, how can one define what it is?

We are different from moment to moment. I think to get to a definition you have to strip away all that changes but if you do that, there is nothing left to define and you have left out the essence of what the "I" is.

If we were defining a tractor or a motorcycle or a toothbrush, we could define it by what it does. What does an "I" do? Well that too is anything and everything. Some "I's" are kind, some are violent. Some love and some hate. Some are mothers, some single, some make stuff, some destroy stuff. Some make the world a better place, others make it a horrible place. So we can't even define the "I" by what it does.

I will try to define it. The "I" is a point of awareness or point of perception, an entity, that is fully merged with one human body and it's mind. The mind of the body is heavy programmed and conditioned by it's experiences and culture and how it looks and feels and it's age etc.

The "I" because it is so merged with the body and stuck with it comes to think of itself as the body. The "I", in a human life, basically becomes that which cooperates with the body and it's mind and projects the content of the mind with it's conditioning etc outwardly into the world and inwardly into the "self talking" in the mind.

I think the "I" has lost all knowledge of it's true nature and identity as it has been "hardwired" into the body and it's mind. We all think we are this person and this body because it is the content we are provided day and night. There is no way to "un-merge" though I tend to think "mystics" and those who have had experiences of enlightenment or God or God realization come to see through some of the merging and get glimpses of their true identity and can alter their perception of everything for moments or months or years.
Old 30-10-2023, 06:31 AM
Master

See here I go again with my useless input but I can only say what keeps popping into my mind and this is it....

If you turns 'I' on its side it becomes a minus symbol.
Old 30-10-2023, 06:35 AM
Master

Ha ha love it!
Old 30-10-2023, 02:46 PM
Pathfinder

If "I" is just an atom within consciosness of God, "know yourself".
Old 30-10-2023, 04:13 PM
Master

Quote:
When I spoke of God it was to refer to the impossibility of his having a physical existence. The Bible clearly states that God is Spirit.
Makes sense to me. An existence beyond the material world. As creator of the material world, not dependent on it in any way.