Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Bess

Book1 Druidry book?

Hello
Thought I'd try reading a book on Druidry as I don't know much about it and connection with nature is important to me. Any ho, started to read 'Living Druidry' by Emma Restall Orr, I have read about half.
Its a nice book, I like her poetic style and some of it was inspiring but when she speaks of talking to ghosts, animal trance states and becomming seemingly invisible I find it hard to relate (well impossible actually) Her spiritual journey is a very interesting one and its obvious she had psychic and medium intuition from an early age, but I am not in tune with such things and if such things come to me I hope I will see them as a blessing but its not right now important to me that I attain such gifts.
i really just want that feeling of connection to nature to grow and for my connection with myself to grow so I have more love to extend out as well as receive.
So does any one know of a basic book of a similar nature that an 'average Joe' like me could read with out feeling like I'm spiritually a little dull!! ?
Old 30-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Master
I don't know of, and have not read any, books on Druidry. The subject is amazing: the combination of Magic and Nature is compulsive.
What you could do is find some books on old Celtish legends or the Celtish Gods. There is one Myth about Herne the Hunter that fascinates me.
Also childrens books are a great source of writing about Magic & Nature; Alan Garners "Wierdstone of Brisingamen" & the "Moon of Gomrath" are now classics which touch apon such things.
Closed Thread