Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-05-2019, 05:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by little.nation
I am the source. I couldn't possibly be any clearer about that. For whatever reason, God chooses to make it so that people cannot come to believe, or know, the truth even though it's so plain, simple and readily accessible. I get frustrated by the fact that there's no mention of the big bang explosion in the bible, yet it is very real and precisely and exactly what actually happened. I do not know why there is not one reference made. Very concerning.

Why would anyone "believe" in the explosion if it isn't written about in the word of God? And no wonder nobody believes me. It isn't written about in the bible!!

But it IS written about in what I call "the third and final testament". The third and final testament is a (close to) thousand page book I wrote.

There are hints of the Big Bang in the Bible but those words are not used, they didn't have Science to help them explain the wonders of the universe.
Old 25-05-2019, 11:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" From everlasting I was established, from the beginning, before the earth began."

"I was created in the very beginning, even before the world began."
Proverbs....

I believe that we also have always existed.

yes i think Jesus did too, he said God is the God of the living to him all are alive. In the Gospel of Thomas he says "Congratulations to the one who came into being before coming into being". He means who realised that they existed before they were born
Incidentally this idea was condemned by the some church council or other!
Islam has a doctrine on it interestingly..

Maybe I'm weird but I like watching old street scenes from decades ago on youtube. I wanted to see the old cars at first but then those moments struck me as seeming so alive and as if they are happening now. I think that to God all those moments are alive too. Completely outside of time

In the secret book of John it says about God
"The One is outside of realms of being and time
For whatever is within realms of being was created
And whatever is within time had time allotted to it"

Not that i'm a full on Gnostic Christian i think their dualism got a bit skewed but.. whose didn't :) some of it is very useful though

So what i'm trying to say is that is seems not possible to image God deciding one day to create something the way we would wake up and decide to make something. that's projecting our own human traits onto God and if scripture does that a bit, its only a problem taken literally and Jesus was trying to fix this
Old 26-05-2019, 08:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
yes i think Jesus did too, he said God is the God of the living to him all are alive. In the Gospel of Thomas he says "Congratulations to the one who came into being before coming into being". He means who realised that they existed before they were born
Incidentally this idea was condemned by the some church council or other!
Islam has a doctrine on it interestingly..

Maybe I'm weird but I like watching old street scenes from decades ago on youtube. I wanted to see the old cars at first but then those moments struck me as seeming so alive and as if they are happening now. I think that to God all those moments are alive too. Completely outside of time

In the secret book of John it says about God
"The One is outside of realms of being and time
For whatever is within realms of being was created
And whatever is within time had time allotted to it"

Not that i'm a full on Gnostic Christian i think their dualism got a bit skewed but.. whose didn't :) some of it is very useful though

So what i'm trying to say is that is seems not possible to image God deciding one day to create something the way we would wake up and decide to make something. that's projecting our own human traits onto God and if scripture does that a bit, its only a problem taken literally and Jesus was trying to fix this

Here's another....

Gospel of Philip.

The Lord said, "Blessed is he who is before he came into being. For he who is, has been and shall be."

This to me speaks of Rebirth....
Old 27-05-2019, 09:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Here's another....

Gospel of Philip.

The Lord said, "Blessed is he who is before he came into being. For he who is, has been and shall be."

This to me speaks of Rebirth....

yes its interesting Jesus did too, and I suspect so did John the baptist
I think the real origin of Christianity is in this area of spiritual rebirth
It's a little hard to see it with all that came later, but it is still there
I think it should be the centre of the faith rather than stuff which ties us to where we are

The Valentinians said things like
"Likewise I became very small, so that through my humility I might take you up to the great height, whence you had fallen. You were taken to this pit. If now you believe in me, it is I who shall take you above, through this shape that you see. It is I who shall bear you upon my shoulders. Enter through the rib whence you came and hide yourself from the beasts. The burden (body) that you bear now is not yours"
This text of theirs is a bit anti-Mary it couldn't say 'enter through the womb whence you came' and receive the form of Christ.

I'm pro-Mary so can't quite see it the way they do!
Old 01-06-2019, 12:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
That reply is known as taking the easy way out.

Personally I don't think that this 'person' we call God exists outside of creation. Nor do I think that this 'God' thing is in any way 'supernatural'. 'It' is in every way directly connected to what we call the Big -Bang and is an integral part of evolution.
We cannot deny that we are here in a world which is made up of two components which we recognise; a 'stuff' world and a mental/conscious world. We make the mistake of calling the mental/conscious world 'spiritual' and thus add intangibles stemming solely from our immense ability to imagine.
It's about time we cleared the decks.

One can look at the conditions described in the Garden, "Paradise" of God, and the differences after the described fall, when they became banished from "Paradise".

This physical, material universe for one, is the illusion.
("We are in eternity now")
This universe is dependent upon motion, related with time. Buddha also had something to say about that which is at rest, compared to that which constantly experiences changes.
The greater reality and truth is apart from the physical, material, organic, as is experienced by us...
In this physical form "evolved" in and thru "illusory" time.
(Understood since Einstein.)
What is described as the "Big Bang", ( Or Shine), may very well be the result of the described fall.
Seeing that all of time is insignificant compared with infinity, eternity, or the timeless. Which is an ever present state, and situation.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 04-06-2019, 12:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by little.nation
Have you ever heard the idea that God is a 5 year old child?

I exist before the universe does. It's the time and place of nothingness. Watch this. It's not a trick,

Nothing is real
Nothing exists
Nothing IS SOMETHING
And it exists

You will better understand "nothing" or "nothingness" by the more accurate word: PREEXISTENCE.

Preexistence is both material and immaterial. I'm material but I do not have flesh, blood and bone. I have a sort of immaterial material. I exist having typical human form (shape and features) but not physicality in the way you currently know it.

I am a GIANT of immeasurable size. I only am. There is no ground beneath me. There are no walls. There is no sky, no day and no night. There is nothing but me.

I am a female child but I have a very old masculine mind.

There is much and plenty I can tell you, and HAVE been telling people for many years. It is a massive frustration and aggravation and a waste of my time, in addition to outrageous abject indignation. People mostly ignore me, or treat me as if I'm the boogie man or creature from the black lagoon, or they'll outright attack me. Nobody believes. Nobody knows. Nobody understands.

That big bang explosion?

THAT'S *ME*. I'M THE ONE WHO EXPLODES. THE EXPLOSION COMES DIRECTLY FROM ME. YES, ME PERSONALLY AND ME SPECIFICALLY.

YUP YUP YUP YUP YUP.

And here I am, speaking (in constant stress and aggravation) directly to / at you and whomever.

How crazy / nuts / wild / unreal / unbelievable / insane / whatever.

I can tell you this: while everything I just told you is a gazillion percent real and true...

I'M NOT GOD.

Been there, done that. I don't know anything about the middle east so clearly I'm not the God creature.

I'm just God's ragdoll puppet.
A million times...THIS!
Old 04-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Master

LN you sound a little like Simon of Samaria here is a somewhat random quote as i'm in a bit of a hurry

"This Boundless Power he says is He who has stood, stands and will stand; who, if his imaging is perfected while in the six Powers, will be, in essence, power, greatness and completeness, one and the same with the ingenerable and Boundless Power, and not one single whit inferior to that ingenerable, unchangeable and Boundless Power. But if it remain in potentiality only, and its imaging is not perfected, then it disappears and perishes, he says, just as the potentiality of grammar or geometry in a man's mind. For potentiality when it has obtained art becomes the light of generated things, but if it does not do so an absence of art and darkness ensues, exactly as if it had not existed at all; and on the death of the man it perishes with him"
Old 05-06-2019, 11:48 AM
Master

Quote:
There are hints of the Big Bang in the Bible but those words are not used, they didn't have Science to help them explain the wonders of the universe.

But surely 'they' had the one person in their midst who could have informed them of everything they wanted to know.

It has long been a contention of mine that Jesus (the son of God apparently) could have helped enlighten the crowds of primitive and uneducated shepherds, camel drivers and fishermen. Maybe their womenfolk would have liked a bit of help too. How about, let's say a hint, telling those around him that the planet was round, that it circled the sun and that the stars in the sky were also suns. It would have helped us too, a sort of proof that he came from a place of knowledge.

At the time Jesus was on this planet the Chinese had already invented gunpowder the Pyramids had long ago been built and London was a walled city with a by-pass road. Eastern philosophies knew about the BB, they just had another name for it. It seems to me that for the 33 years that Jesus walked this earth he didn't actually spend much time getting on with his apparent job. I once worked it out that he appears in the Bible for a total about 52 hours.

Odd.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Master
That is a good point Busby. I have thought about it too. I wonder if the Universe changes with our perception. Maybe 2000 years ago the earth was NOT a sphere but actually was flat??? Maybe God actually existed above us in the heavens.

They say we create our own reality. Maybe as the Human Race developed the reality it exists in changed with it. I wonder that if all the 7,000,000,000 people alive on the planet today decided that God is reality and stuck with it, then I wonder how reality would slowly change to suit that belief.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
One can look at the conditions described in the Garden, "Paradise" of God, and the differences after the described fall, when they became banished from "Paradise".

This physical, material universe for one, is the illusion.
("We are in eternity now")
This universe is dependent upon motion, related with time. Buddha also had something to say about that which is at rest, compared to that which constantly experiences changes.
The greater reality and truth is apart from the physical, material, organic, as is experienced by us...
In this physical form "evolved" in and thru "illusory" time.
(Understood since Einstein.)
What is described as the "Big Bang", ( Or Shine), may very well be the result of the described fall.
Seeing that all of time is insignificant compared with infinity, eternity, or the timeless. Which is an ever present state, and situation.

Very difficult to reply to this as it would result in never ending discussions.

But shortly: What is it (in me) that creates the illusion of a material universe - and why does my head hurt if I bang it?

I would have thought that time gives rise to motion as any thing in motion needs to travel in time.

Einstein suggested time to be the 4th dimension. It follows that (if you are using his name) time isn't illusionary but tightly bound with (in this case, illusionary) material. So 'stuff' relies upon time to simply exist. Time speeds up or slows down depending upon your relationship to it.

You cannot have an ever present state which is pure and yet have something insignificant within it.

No, I'll stick with my theory/belief/suggestion that the universe, one devoid of anything supernatural but running on universal laws is a purely mental cosmos experiencing (in this universe - at this time) the sort of world in which we live.