Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 29-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Master
Roofer Falls

A roofer that was doing a roof job on my father-in-laws two and 1/2 story home this afternoon fell off the house and landed on his stomach on the railing of the wooden deck below. He was rushed to the hospital and it's too soon to tell if he'll survive the fall. Please put together all of your collective positive energy and pray for this man. Thank you very much.

Blackraven
Old 29-08-2011, 06:32 PM
nightowl

I am lighting a candle...

nightowl
Old 31-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I am lighting a candle...

nightowl

Thank you for lighting a candle, nightowl. The roofer most assuredly will have a near death experience to tell to his family and friends. The EMT people couldn't revive him at first after he hit the deck. But they gave him the paddles in the ambulance and got his heart started again. The last I heard, he suffered only bruised lungs and was going to be discharged from the hospital. Hopefully all will be well with this man. It's miraculous that he survived the fall. It was his first day on the job. God was on his side that day for sure. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.

Blackraven
Old 31-08-2011, 01:49 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Thank you for lighting a candle, nightowl. The roofer most assuredly will have a near death experience to tell to his family and friends. The EMT people couldn't revive him at first after he hit the deck. But they gave him the paddles in the ambulance and got his heart started again. The last I heard, he suffered only bruised lungs and was going to be discharged from the hospital. Hopefully all will be well with this man. It's miraculous that he survived the fall. It was his first day on the job. God was on his side that day for sure. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.

Blackraven

Hey blackraven,

It does indeed sound as though God was on his side that day. I would sure like to be a little sneaky bug in his life to see how he handles his new spiritual awareness I am happy to hear he is doing well.

nightowl
Old 31-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Time

isnt it canadian and amreican bylaw to be wearing a harness on a roof?
Old 31-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
isnt it canadian and amreican bylaw to be wearing a harness on a roof?

Time - If they are smart they will wear a harness on steep roofs tied around a chimney for extra support, but there is no bylaw that I could find that roofers are required to wear harnesses, at least in the US. It is up to each roofing company to keep their employees safe, however, so if they don't want to be sued they should enforce safety rules within their company. A Kentucky man died falling off a roof and his family sued the company he worked for because they didn't enforce a harness rule. This particular company was insured though, which meant they had insurance to pay for the man that went to the hospital, otherwise the roofer could have tried to sue the homeowner against his homeowner's policy. I'm just thankful it all ended well for the roofer though.

Blackraven
Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Master
Im hoping that guy runs out to buy a lottery ticket when he gets out of hospital. He's one lucky fella and might decide roofing is not for him? Bless him.