Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 10-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Master
Can you remember all the Tarot cards?

I can't. Not even after some 15 years of using Tarot on and off.
When someone says "I drew cards X Y Z" I usually have to look up which ones those are, lol.
I just cannot remember. Some I do know of course, but not all of them.
Court cards and MA aren't a problem, although with MA I often cannot recall the numbers. So when I do a quintessens of a reading I have to check which MA card goes with the outcome.

I'm thinking this is also why using more than one deck doesn't appeal to me.
Just wondering if anyone else has this 'problem'?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Deactivated Account

When I first started, I made things really difficult for myself and bought a difficult intricate decks ( major face palm) So I had to do double the work in researching and I really forced myself to dedicate to the study of the tarot, used books, online resources and google ( was unemployed I had the time). I am confident with the general sense of the cards...but I am still learning to comprehend it all(trusting intuition too) always something new to discover, always a new perspective, always a new viewpoint...Incorporating astrology has really helped. I def still use references, specifically with the minors or when I am stuck in a thinking rut ( which is often. ha) Tarot; its the gift that keeps on giving lol
Old 11-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Experiencer

Yes I completely relate to this, I have only been doing this for about three years and it is starting to stick, but I always refer to my two favourite websites (major props out to biddy tarot and tarot wiki), the reason I always defer back to them is it seems like everytime I draw a card I'll find something different in the meanings something that was written for that specific question it's kinda spooky but I love it at the same time.
I don't think there's any shame in having to look up the readings there might be something in there that you might have missed
Old 12-08-2017, 01:57 AM
Pathfinder

I tried drawing 3 cards at night about my day and trying to relate to them. It has helped me with learning some of the cards.

Presently, I'm starting with the aces (beginning) and making a story through to the end. It's helping me relate to the cards.

It's learning a new language so it takes time!
Old 12-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Master
Oh, I don't mind looking things up. That usually helps trigger my intuition.
What I meant was remembering the images that come with the names, like knowing instantly what Wands 7 looks like, or Swords 5 etc.

@ Clover I can understand that must have been difficult! I don't think I'd ever get used to a 'weird' looking deck, although I am beginning to understand the added value of different decks.
Old 14-08-2017, 04:02 AM
Seeker

For me personally I struggled with the RWS Tarot I picked up Native American tarot and suddenly the meanings from the images just flew out of my mouth, my friend who was with me .. just sat there with her mouth open,.... For me Yes I finally got a basic understanding of a the Major Arcana and most of the minors, every now and then I get a total blank... I look at the imagery, that makes such a difference to me in understanding the imagery... going through and stepping in to the card and writing down all of the sensations ... here is an exercise I created that might help if you want to try it ..

Exercise 8:1
1. Sit with the twenty-two Major Arcane in front of you.
2. Deep breathe, feel calm and centred.
3. Do any of the previous exercises you find may help you feel clear and balanced. (Visualization exercises)
4. Look at the Fool for 30 seconds then in notebook write down everything you notice about the card, colours, what is in the card, who is in the card, what are they doing? Etc. Everything that is within that card.

5. Then continue to do this for each of the Twenty-two cards until complete.

Can do this with any of the Minor arcana also ..

I have other exercises if you want me to post them I am more than happy to share ....
Old 14-08-2017, 04:31 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its normal I can not remember them either and at times that is not a bad thing I feel. I like to look at the "key words" for the cards pulled as usually one of those words will "stand out" and be the message needed.

I do not like to go for a reading and have the reader be "text book" with the cards and meanings.

Lynn
Old 14-08-2017, 09:18 PM
55Degrees

I can remember the images of all the RWS except for the 7's in the minors, I really have to rack my brain for some reason. 7 of Pents especially is elusive to recall, yet strangely, patience is my weakest attribute so maybe I'm resistant to the card message as opposed to the image.
If it's not the RWS then, no I don't remember the images, only my favourite ones from specific decks.