Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Toolite

IMO. You give God the Glory as a reminder to your soul..its not about oneself but all because of God we do experience. And when I seek info and my Angels appear. I thank them first and then ask questions.
GTG
Old 25-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Toolite

The first thing my Angels taught me is I dont control them.
GTG
Old 25-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Toolite

Angels manifest into flesh and they dont need anything..i.e. Dirt..flesh. Quite powerful.
GTG
Old 25-12-2012, 10:15 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
IMO. You give God the Glory as a reminder to your soul..its not about oneself but all because of God we do experience. And when I seek info and my Angels appear. I thank them first and then ask questions.
GTG

What you likely mean to say is "I (Toolite) need to give God the Glory as a reminder to your soul..." And I (mac) guess that it's the way you've been conditioned by whatever religion you've been exposed to in your development.

Thankfully I had no such conditioning and me and God are much more on an even footing - I'm just a small part of the larger living in a physical body right now. God doesn't need me rendering glory and I don't need anything special from God. We're just good with one another as we stand. As for my angels well they're there for my support and do what they need to do. They don't need thanks; I know they don't need thanks and they know that I know that they don't....

Me and thee, Toolite, have very different relationships with those who support us.
Old 25-12-2012, 10:16 PM
mac

Quote:
The first thing my Angels taught me is I dont control them.
GTG

They don't control you either, keep in mind.
Old 25-12-2012, 10:18 PM
mac

Quote:
Angels manifest into flesh and they dont need anything..i.e. Dirt..flesh. Quite powerful.
GTG

There's a role for them and they fulfill that role - no biggie in the grand scheme.
Old 26-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Toolite

Well Im glad you had the chance to clarify your relationship with God. For you know no one, Spirit or entity is above or equal to Him.
GTG
Old 26-12-2012, 04:19 AM
mac

Quote:
Well Im glad you had the chance to clarify your relationship with God. For you know no one, Spirit or entity is above or equal to Him.
GTG

The creator is just that - the creator of all things. I don't have any need to clarify my relationship with the creator but sometimes it's helpful for others to see how simple I find my own position.

I don't have a clue what form the creator has and don't much care but I do know that we're all 'tiny sparks' of whatever the creator is. In essence we're all the same, of the source, from the source but with transient individuality. If there were anything in heaven comparable to the hierarchy we experience in human form then, no, nothing and nobody is 'above' it - not above 'him' as that's a human term which, for me, has no relevance to the creator.

But neither is anything 'below' the creator because the actuality is that there is no hierachical structure - just transient, differing degrees of individual spiritual progression in a spectrum of progression which leads us all back to the source whence we came....

easy, peasy
Old 26-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Toolite

I know Mac.
GTG
Old 26-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Absolutetrip

Some of us are very evidential in what we believe and research it intently and diligently. These things I speak of just started happening to me after a death experience. I wanted to know why, how, and needed control and had a great desire to learn every aspect of what was going on. Since I have been taught by the best spiritual/ medium teachers that live upon the earth today. Many AFC tutors have taught me. I share my experience and knowledge I learned on to those I feel it could benefit. To call the experiences I have had and knowledge gained from those much more experienced than I and the possibilities I speak of nonsense is pretty closed minded. One of my teachers would say you fail to see the possibilities that lay beyond the end of your own nose. As all that can be imagined is possible...

Excerpts from The Journal of Religion and Psychical research:

If we try to visualize in a little more detail how materialization operates, I think we must look at the normal phenomenon of growth in Nature. If we ask such questions as: Why does a beech tree produce only beech leaves and not serrated leaves like the oak or a fan of leaves like the horse chestnut? Why does the flower grow to its particular pattern and shape and no others? Why does the repair of a wound follow the pattern of the original form and not create an anatomical monstrosity? We must visualize the existence of a force-field, a sort of three-dimensional pattern to which what we loosely call Matter must conform. The medium in which this idea-pattern is sustained is our old friend the psychic ether. Sense data clothe this idea pattern in the psychic ether as flesh clothes the skeleton, We know nothing, absolutely nothing, of the process. All we can say is that it seems possible—even probable—that in the materialization phenomena we have an activity of our finite individual minds which is of the same nature. If so, then the study of the conditions of this creative and artistic activity in ourselves—this so-called paranormal activity—should offer us basic clues to the nature of the physical world, and especially to the nature of living things and the laws of growth.

To sum up what Richet and Raynor Johnson have written about ectoplasm and physical mediumship, we see the following: (a) Does Ectoplasm exist? Answer by both: yes. (b) Does it exude from the body of the medium? Answer by both: yes. (c) Does it take various shapes, including that of human beings, but also that of objects such as clothes? Rods and levers? Answer by both: yes. (d) How does one integrate the fact of ectoplasm and what it does into a reasonable philosophy? Here the two authorities differ. Here Richet says that he simply does not know the answer. He admits just three possibilities of an answer:

1. The phenomena are due to the dead, whose consciousness still persists without material substratum. This is the spiritist theory, which seems to be the least likely of any.

2. There are angels, spirits, (daimones) who can act on matter, and intervene in human affairs.

3. The human intelligence (body and soul) is sufficiently powerful to produce both material manifestations (ectoplasm) and the subjective manifestations (cryptesthesia) that amaze us.

If I admit this third hypothesis as obviously superior to the others it is not that I believe it very strongly. Far otherwise, I am well aware how frail it is, how incredible, almost as incredible as the two former.

Ectoplasm is an elusive substance which emanates from the body of a medium; it exudes from all the natural orifices the mucous membrane and the skin...it comes in many different forms colors and conditions...it may be gaseous, liquid, or fibrous; it may be soft as velvet with a moist. sticky surface, or it may be rough and solid; it can assume different colors or be of a soft white grey, or black; it can be invisible, although it has weight and gives sensation on contact and can make an imprint on plastic substances; in materialization, it sometimes takes on gorgeous colors from the flowers and gowns of those in the room, and the manifesting entities are able to bring out a beautiful pattern on the ectoplasmic gauze which forms their robes. It is extremely sensitive to light and deteriorates when subjected to its rays. The spirit teachers tell us that the chemicals in the light rays tear down the ectoplasm, so that they are at this time experimenting to find a chemical to add to the ectoplasm that will enable it to withstand the devastating power of light.

This substance which is the basis of all manifestations of physical mediumship, is sometimes called ideoplasm, because it is sensitive to the thoughts and ideas of the sitters and the spirits. To be a physical medium the body must contain a superabundance of certain chemicals. One of our greatest scientists has made the statement that only one in 100,000 human bodies contains a sufficient amount of these chemicals to present a full-form materialization. Just what the necessary chemicals are we do not know.

A medium's spirit forces, one must understand, are those who train the medium, guide him or her and teach. An example of such is Sir Joseph Banks, Rev. Riley Post-Parrish's Teacher, to whom Peggy Barnes attributes many statements including the following:

...ectoplasm is an outer layer of protoplasm, an etherialized protoplasm, we might say. As we know, protoplasm is the basis of all plant and animal life. (It is safe to assume that physical mediumship requires either a superabundance of one of the chemicals contained in protoplasm or the addition of an unknown chemical built up by spirit power.)

Creation of aports and the steps to it, there is not a simple answer. A start is figuring out the possibilities of how. I do not know how. In the article it goes on to say during research they found physical mediums loose 5lbs or more during a session.