Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 30-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Ascender

Hellenism..Greek Gods

Does anyone still worship them/ acknowledge them??

It always seems odd that so many gods effectively 'died' out and yet the one God still remains.

have read a book, Secret History Of The World that suggests that these ancient deities of Greece (and Egypt) were very real in an everyday sense to ancient man and possibly even were real
Old 01-05-2015, 02:40 AM
Master

Yes, there are lots of Wiccan groups who honour/worship the Greek Gods. Also there is a spiritual tradition of Hellenism. The Greek Gods have definitely not "died out" as you put it
Old 01-05-2015, 02:49 AM
Ascender

With these more obscure gods, are they actually seeing them as real or just using their representations to focus their beliefs a bit like non theistic Satanists use the idea of satan.

I find it a struggle looking for answers to the one God never mind a pantheon! I find it remarkable though that the classic God has survived so well down the ages with the others dismissed as fairy tales by most. It's not as if there is any more hard evidence for the one god than for any of the Greco roman or Egyptian or Norse.

I wonder if there is any alleged modern day paranormal activity that relates to our Olympian friends??
Old 01-05-2015, 03:42 AM
Master

Well, first of all they're not obscure. And you'd have to ask the practitioners how they are connecting with their deities.

Doesn't the one God (as you put it) belong to a pantheon - I'm presuming you're referring to the Christian (he's only "the one God" to them, by the way )god and then there's Jesus, Mary, the saints etc. - isn't that a pantheon.

You seem to be very interested in mediumship and paranormal activity - is that why you're asking if there's been any alleged modern day paranormal activity associated with the Greek gods? The answer to that would depend on what you consider to be paranormal activity?
Old 01-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Does anyone still worship them/ acknowledge them??
Yes, they still exist. Its still possible to communicate with them as well.

Some of the Greek (fallen watchers) gods are still chained up in the angel prison named Tartarus.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Experiencer
Yes,i worship and acknowledge Them,so at least for me They are very real.The Pagan Pantheons in general.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Ascender

I was always interested in greek myths & legends as a child; absolutely loved Jason & The Argonauts, Clash Of The Titans. I always thought of them as just fantasy but having just read a book that seems to imply that for many esoteric traditions at least, these mythical beings were an everyday occurrence to ancient man. The book suggests that it became harder for the old gods to manifest as the world became more material. I have to say I find it a stretch to believe but I guess this is the place to look at other views. I know people debate lack of evidence etc but if I offered a prayer to Zeus, would I get a response?? Ive just always accepted that for example things like the Cyclops were actually mistaken remains of mammoths. I'd love to know what it is that draws people towards any god or gods in the absence of any evidence. I know people will say, well its called faith but for example no one after a certain age believes in santa claus or the tooth fairy. Yet many of the deities that are worshipped have little if no more evidence so what makes someone decide to abandon one concept and follow another in the absence of any criteria to influence that decision? As I always say Im not a hardline sceptic and the reason Im here is not to necessarily find answers but to ask the questions so I hope no one thinks Im questioning their beliefs, its just having been more or less on the materialist side, fairly unknowingly like most people, I find gods, mythical creatures & spiritual matters hard to believe in. Yet ultimately I do want to believe in more but not just because it makes me happy or else youcould just believe ANYTHING then.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
if I offered a prayer to Zeus, would I get a response??
Only if you used his preferred alias and that is Shymhz from the original fallen watcher name, Shemyhaza.

The fullname is as follows
Hebrew: "shem + ya'ah + aza" or the Name of power.

Secondly, if you send your prayer to Yahushua or Christ Messiah as well then you will get a response from Zeus because after hanging by his foot in a pit in Tartarus for 4000 years he has given full allegiance to Christ now.

Have you ever wondered where the 'Hanging Man' in Tarot cards originates from ? Well now you know.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Ascender

I'm curious as to what convinces you of this? Genuineley so.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm curious as to what convinces you of this? Genuineley so.
i once asked Shymhz the following question

"is it true that the leader of each mythology is the same angel?
mythology: egyption....greek...nordic....roman....
leader : ........ra.........zeus....odin.....jupiter...
"

Here was the reply
"the greek text is correct.

the connection is exact.

it is true that the pantheon of all these have the same beings yet who is greatest and who is leader is not always the same. ra is greatest but osiris more worshipped. ouranos is greatest but zeus more worshipped. ra is more equivalent to helios than to zeus.
"