Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-06-2020, 09:41 AM
Master

On Becoming a God

In my spiritual practice I have been moving towards becoming a God, which was oftentime a painful and challenging process. Last night, whilst meditating, I had a major realisation.

I have been struggling with my dark side for the longest time. Like most people, I have been trying to deny it, suppress it. I did not want to acknowledge my evil, destructive side, thinking it is necessary to be „good” in the traditional sense to achieve godhood. Since this is the message RHP religions constantly project, it is an understandable misconception.

The breakthrough was triggered by my brief exposure to images of spiritual alchemy and the balancing of dualities, which I only glanced at briefly as I was looking for material to read. However, that brief glance triggered a deep realisation in me on how I have been suppressing an entire side to me, that is crucial and the only way to achieve balance.

I now realise that becoming a God isn’t about good and evil, but about free will transcending such arbitrary categorisations, about rising beyond the traditional realisations regarding the true nature of things. All Gods have a light and dark side, that is the only way to keep balance in the universe. Creation and destruction must act in unison and in balance.

Shiva is perhaps the best manifestation of that principle. He is the destroyer, but also the god of fertility, rejuvenation and rebirth. One cannot exist without the other. A Lioness is ultimate evil to the antelope she is eating alive, but the personification of goodness and benevolence to her cubs, who depend on her for sustenance and protection.

You cannot protect those you love, if you are weak. You must be a fierce warrior on the one hand, to have the ability to be a benevolent protector and nourisher on the other. Another good example of this is Inanna-Ishtar, the Goddess I chiefly work with. She is Goddess of War and Love, expressing this very duality.

So, I have now come to terms with my dual nature and as I grew to accept the Truth, it was like a dam broke and energy centres I barely knew existed went into overdrive in my body and I felt the most incredible surge of energy in me, which I can only compare to being hit by lightning. As that energy was surging through me, I felt incredibly powerful, like a God and realised that I have no limitations, I can do whatever I want, because the normal dualistic rules no longer applied.

I fused my dualities, the opposing forces that were previously fighting for dominance in me and became Non-Dual. I came to realise, that the main reason we are weak (as opposed to the Gods) is due to our dualistic nature. Most of our energies are taken up by this constant fight and struggle for dominance between our opposing natures, like male-female, good-evil, light-dark, solar-lunar, etc…

However, we are in error, when we allow that to happen, in Truth, we must harness both our sides, transmute them and fuse them into one, which is what spiritual Alchemy is all about. When both our sides work in unison, in synthesis, we not only double our personal power, in truth we grow it by orders of magnitude, because most of it was taken up by pointless infighting in any case, cancelling out the vast majority of it and making only* a tiny portion available to achieve our purpose.

It is liberating to know that our path is what we make of it, nothing is chosen for us in advance, except what we agree on beforehand, prior to our incarnation in this form. We are all potential Gods, but suppress our true nature through pointless duality of being and purpose.

I have also come to realise something I read about Kundalini Awakening in Gopi Krishna’s books a while ago. He described his enlightenment and transformation into a higher-being, a god-man, one that lives in Heaven all the time and walks with the Gods. I didn’t quite get what he meant by no longer having dual energies (as a man, his masculine-solar side was overactive initially, causing unbearable heat and much suffering in him), but only One type of energy, a fusion of opposites, where there was no longer any dualistic distinction. This fusion of dualities is also present in Inanna’s worship as she was known to merge male and female in a person and there are several depictions of it in Hinduism, where Shiva and Shakti symbolically become one being.
Old 17-06-2020, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
there are several depictions of it in Hinduism, where Shiva and Shakti symbolically become one being

Ardhnarishwar. You can get detailed first hand information on this from Shivlok, who you know quite well.

Old 17-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Ardhnarishwar. You can get detailed first hand information on this from Shivlok, who you know quite well.

Indeed, but I was too lazy to look up the actual reference, I only had the image in my head.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Old 17-06-2020, 12:33 PM
Master

Continuing with the same theme,

I take a Theistic approach to spirituality and really can't stomach impersonal or atheistic approaches.

There are many ways to godhood, but ultimately your power is not really yours, it is borrowed from a higher source. You may decide what you want to do with it, but it also has its own mind and will.

That power, which awakens in you as Kundalini is Shakti, also known as the Shekinah or Holy Spirit, usually symbolised as a white dove in our culture (a hidden reference to the Dove Goddess, Ishtar).

Much of the imbalance and schism in today's world is caused by the negation and even denial of the Divine Feminine, the Female Side of God. This is crucial to recognise and to awaken in you. Uniting opposites is only possible if you embrace opposite sides, which in philosophy is known as Synthesis, borne out of the union of Thesis and Antithesis.
Old 18-06-2020, 12:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
In my spiritual practice I have been moving towards becoming a God, which was oftentime a painful and challenging process. Last night, whilst meditating, I had a major realisation.

I have been struggling with my dark side for the longest time. Like most people, I have been trying to deny it, suppress it. I did not want to acknowledge my evil, destructive side, thinking it is necessary to be „good” in the traditional sense to achieve godhood. Since this is the message RHP religions constantly project, it is an understandable misconception.

The breakthrough was triggered by my brief exposure to images of spiritual alchemy and the balancing of dualities, which I only glanced at briefly as I was looking for material to read. However, that brief glance triggered a deep realisation in me on how I have been suppressing an entire side to me, that is crucial and the only way to achieve balance.

I now realise that becoming a God isn’t about good and evil, but about free will transcending such arbitrary categorisations, about rising beyond the traditional realisations regarding the true nature of things. All Gods have a light and dark side, that is the only way to keep balance in the universe. Creation and destruction must act in unison and in balance.

Shiva is perhaps the best manifestation of that principle. He is the destroyer, but also the god of fertility, rejuvenation and rebirth. One cannot exist without the other. A Lioness is ultimate evil to the antelope she is eating alive, but the personification of goodness and benevolence to her cubs, who depend on her for sustenance and protection.

You cannot protect those you love, if you are weak. You must be a fierce warrior on the one hand, to have the ability to be a benevolent protector and nourisher on the other. Another good example of this is Inanna-Ishtar, the Goddess I chiefly work with. She is Goddess of War and Love, expressing this very duality.

So, I have now come to terms with my dual nature and as I grew to accept the Truth, it was like a dam broke and energy centres I barely knew existed went into overdrive in my body and I felt the most incredible surge of energy in me, which I can only compare to being hit by lightning. As that energy was surging through me, I felt incredibly powerful, like a God and realised that I have no limitations, I can do whatever I want, because the normal dualistic rules no longer applied.

I fused my dualities, the opposing forces that were previously fighting for dominance in me and became Non-Dual. I came to realise, that the main reason we are weak (as opposed to the Gods) is due to our dualistic nature. Most of our energies are taken up by this constant fight and struggle for dominance between our opposing natures, like male-female, good-evil, light-dark, solar-lunar, etc…

However, we are in error, when we allow that to happen, in Truth, we must harness both our sides, transmute them and fuse them into one, which is what spiritual Alchemy is all about. When both our sides work in unison, in synthesis, we not only double our personal power, in truth we grow it by orders of magnitude, because most of it was taken up by pointless infighting in any case, cancelling out the vast majority of it and making only* a tiny portion available to achieve our purpose.

It is liberating to know that our path is what we make of it, nothing is chosen for us in advance, except what we agree on beforehand, prior to our incarnation in this form. We are all potential Gods, but suppress our true nature through pointless duality of being and purpose.

I have also come to realise something I read about Kundalini Awakening in Gopi Krishna’s books a while ago. He described his enlightenment and transformation into a higher-being, a god-man, one that lives in Heaven all the time and walks with the Gods. I didn’t quite get what he meant by no longer having dual energies (as a man, his masculine-solar side was overactive initially, causing unbearable heat and much suffering in him), but only One type of energy, a fusion of opposites, where there was no longer any dualistic distinction. This fusion of dualities is also present in Inanna’s worship as she was known to merge male and female in a person and there are several depictions of it in Hinduism, where Shiva and Shakti symbolically become one being.

my thoughts.

its a paradox. the fight between good and evil has its limitations. the power is neither but gives one what nothing else can. so one is naturally already has its own joy, its own peace that quenches. with that said life goes on. we live in a body that has some requirements. but in that power changes a lot. good intentions is more of a productive path than good and evil. then there is the experience of without free will. not because one doesn't experience it but that it isn't because time isn't real. my guidance that referred to themselves as the original jews said they were aliens. i don't believe they are. i wondered before. but after time has passed. a lot of contemplation of experience. what i believe today is to be so as they were referring is to be in the expereince beyond the mind and emotional body. but with the addition of great bliss and silence which is alien to the normal human experience. everything flows as one. in whatever the experience. great joy and peace in love. great joy and peace in sadness. great joy and peace in anger. a paradox.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 18-06-2020, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Yah, let me see your 'true' colors, pretending to be NOone.
Old 18-06-2020, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Continuing with the same theme,

I take a Theistic approach to spirituality and really can't stomach impersonal or atheistic approaches.

There are many ways to godhood, but ultimately your power is not really yours, it is borrowed from a higher source. You may decide what you want to do with it, but it also has its own mind and will.

That power, which awakens in you as Kundalini is Shakti, also known as the Shekinah or Holy Spirit, usually symbolised as a white dove in our culture (a hidden reference to the Dove Goddess, Ishtar).

Much of the imbalance and schism in today's world is caused by the negation and even denial of the Divine Feminine, the Female Side of God. This is crucial to recognise and to awaken in you. Uniting opposites is only possible if you embrace opposite sides, which in philosophy is known as Synthesis, borne out of the union of Thesis and Antithesis.
My opinion:

After spending the past month watching what is happening in the world right now and all the different "takes" on it from conflicting perspectives according to cognitive biases...and the concerted push to have these biased narratives become the widely accepted, mainstream "truth" through political correctness and IDENTITY politics, I have learned a very important lesson:

Clean your own room (Jordan Peterson & Kermit the frog).
In other words, act locally but think globally.

In the post-truth world (which was never really true to begin with), Spiritual experiences and the role of Shiva/Shakti only pertains to the one who has experienced it and for anything else, it is like trying to explain the colour "blue" to a blind person - just like how feelings can never listen to logic and how logic can never listen to feelings.

There most definitely IS a "disconnect" here, but it is not between people nor Divine representation of a Deity...it is all about messages not being able to transverse the corpus callosum...so, the right side of the brain has become separate from the left side of the brain and this has been juxtaposed in the political arena with the "far left" being all about emotions and the "far right" being all about reason...and we have seen, that when taken to the extreme, both can be utterly useless.

This is the danger of Duality...the danger of seeing something as ONLY being "black" or "white" with one side "mattering" more than the other. I was asked the other day, "what lives matter?" To wit and which I replied "all AND none" - they spent the next half an hour trying to pigeonhole an Advaita Vedantin into some kind of political ideology..."are you with us or against us?" Yeah, so I was like "who is asking?"

You can get the same concept by actually studying Ardhanarishwara...is this BOTH Shakti and Shiva? OR neither Shakti nor Shiva? and that is the whole point and purpose of it.
Old 18-06-2020, 07:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
My opinion:

After spending the past month watching what is happening in the world right now and all the different "takes" on it from conflicting perspectives according to cognitive biases...and the concerted push to have these biased narratives become the widely accepted, mainstream "truth" through political correctness and IDENTITY politics, I have learned a very important lesson:

Clean your own room (Jordan Peterson & Kermit the frog).
In other words, act locally but think globally.

In the post-truth world (which was never really true to begin with), Spiritual experiences and the role of Shiva/Shakti only pertains to the one who has experienced it and for anything else, it is like trying to explain the colour "blue" to a blind person - just like how feelings can never listen to logic and how logic can never listen to feelings.

There most definitely IS a "disconnect" here, but it is not between people nor Divine representation of a Deity...it is all about messages not being able to transverse the corpus callosum...so, the right side of the brain has become separate from the left side of the brain and this has been juxtaposed in the political arena with the "far left" being all about emotions and the "far right" being all about reason...and we have seen, that when taken to the extreme, both can be utterly useless.

This is the danger of Duality...the danger of seeing something as ONLY being "black" or "white" with one side "mattering" more than the other. I was asked the other day, "what lives matter?" To wit and which I replied "all AND none" - they spent the next half an hour trying to pigeonhole an Advaita Vedantin into some kind of political ideology..."are you with us or against us?" Yeah, so I was like "who is asking?"

You can get the same concept by actually studying Ardhanarishwara...is this BOTH Shakti and Shiva? OR neither Shakti nor Shiva? and that is the whole point and purpose of it.

I forgot to mention the importance of bridging the corpus calosum, uniting the two sides of the brain, so that they act as a team. That is a crucial point.

In fact, when I wrote about coming to terms with my inner demons, that is partly what I meant. It has been suggested that the two sides of the brain actually function as separate selves, the Daemon and the Eidolon, with the Daemon being the higher Self and the Eidolon the ego. In fact the word Demon comes from Daemon, which originally means spirit.

There is some key info to unravel there, but I'll have to think about it some more.
Old 18-06-2020, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I forgot to mention the importance of bridging the corpus calosum, uniting the two sides of the brain, so that they act as a team. That is a crucial point.

In fact, when I wrote about coming to terms with my inner demons, that is partly what I meant. It has been suggested that the two sides of the brain actually function as separate selves, the Daemon and the Eidolon, with the Daemon being the higher Self and the Eidolon the ego. In fact the word Demon comes from Daemon, which originally means spirit.

There is some key info to unravel there, but I'll have to think about it some more.

bliss and silence puts to sleep inner demons. over time. its the thing all things crave. maybe they don't initially know it. over time those conflcts dissolve.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 18-06-2020, 02:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
bliss and silence puts to sleep inner demons. over time. its the thing all things crave. maybe they don't initially know it. over time those conflcts dissolve.

No need to put them to sleep, they are part of your nature. The trick is to come to terms with them, accept them as they are and integrate them into your personality.