Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 27-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Lee

Dowsing Pendulum

An healer friend of mine uses a dowsing pendulum it's got a lovely crystal and golden chain. Before i see her use the pendulum i was very sceptical about it. Mainly the manipulation of the swing, i were sceptical about, and i told her that i'm a sceptic of the pendulum. Most dowsers use a pendulum as their tool. It is a suspended, balanced, weight of any material and of any size, You may make your own pendulum, using a fishing weight attached to the end of a string, or wooden ball hung from a fine chain, or any variation you choose, or you may prefer to purchase one.

When she showed me how it works, she said the first step is to adapt it to your own rhythms--called tuning the pendulum. You hold the string or chain close to the weight with the thumb and first finger of your dominant hand. Move your hand to start the weight swinging back and forth. As you do this, let the string or chain out slowly to the point where the pendulum weight swings in a circle on its own. This spot on the string or chain will be a good point at which to hold that particular pendulum; it is a point at which we say the pendulum is “tuned.”

Next, you again swing the pendulum back and forth and then ask it to indicate your ”yes” response. Usually this is a clockwise swing in a full circle. If you get no response, gently ”train” the pendulum by swinging the weight clockwise and saying, “This is yes.” Repeat this from time to time until the response is learned. In like manner, discover what is the response for “no.” For most dowsers this is a counter clockwise swing.
You must ask the dowser for permission...................
These permissions are given prior to, but not superseding, the three dowsed permission questions: May I? Can I? Should I?
If we have dowsed accurately and have received “yes” to all the permission questions, then we may proceed to dowse further, framing each question so that yes and no responses will be meaningful.
Old 27-10-2006, 02:39 PM
kundalini

Thanks for bringing this topic up Lee, I really appreciate it. I have recently thought about using a pendulum. I am sure that I have heard that rather than a fishing weight, you can use a clear quatz crystal at the end of the string instead. Do you know if this is true?

Thanks for reading,

Kundalini.
Old 27-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Deactivated Account
k you can use anything you can attach to a piece of string it will work just as well as the 'fancy' ones trust me. i'll post more on this later when i've more time xx
Old 27-10-2006, 02:58 PM
kundalini

Thanks for that reply daisy. I was thinking that maybe you could use pretty much anything. Having said that, I think clear quartz crystals are pretty powerful, so that may improve the pendulum reading maybe?

Kundalini.
Old 27-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Deactivated Account
if you believe so k it will, but you can 'charge' say a wedding ring just as well as a crystal, that said i did buy a pretty one for its prettiness, you are supposed to 'ask it' if you may use it, before you do use it and also ask which way is yes and which is no. i'll try and post more later it's an interesting subject xxx
Old 27-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Deactivated Account
good job i don't own a new age shop i'd be bankrupt lol
Old 27-10-2006, 03:12 PM
kundalini

Lol, thanks for the advice daisy! I shall check back at this thread later.

Kundalini.
Old 27-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Deactivated Account
you know me k it will be very late lol
Closed Thread