Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 03-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Master
For Australians …… Cow or Kangaroo meat?:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-41227521

http://www.daleynutrition.com/beef-vs-kangaroo-meat/

Old 03-12-2018, 11:17 PM
ImthatIm

Altair
If I'm correct you believe to be more evolved.
Maybe were on to something here.
So I never claimed to be evolved.
Maybe your trying to evolve us.
I do need a knuckle callus clipping.
Maybe I'm just not evolved. You know what happened to the theory of evolution right? They found out it really was a theory.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:49 PM
Master
Statistics on European Elk, what is left of them :
http://www.nwfps.org/nwfp/european-elk/

Quote:
By 2015 Statistics, population estimates for European countries include the following:
Czech Republic – maximum of 50 animals, Estonia – 12,000, Lithuania – 12,853, Latvia – 21,000 individuals”, Finland – at least 120,000 individuals ( 35,000 to 50,000 elks are hunted annually during the "Moose Season". Hunting quotas are set to correspond approximately to the numbers of calves born in May and June."), Poland– 2,800 individuals, Sweden – 350,000 individuals.

https://www.visitfinland.com/article...innish-forest/

So Grateful! - that because of the sustainable harvesting - ever since early childhood on I had always been able to observe the Moose in its natural habitat.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Altair
If I'm correct you believe to be more evolved.
Maybe were on to something here.
So I never claimed to be evolved.
Maybe your trying to evolve us.
I do need a knuckle callus clipping.
Maybe I'm just not evolved. You know what happened to the theory of evolution right? They found out it really was a theory.

'Evolution theory' is based on natural selection, and in science, a 'theory' is based on established facts - observation proves a hypothesis is right and it becomes a 'theory', but just because organisms genetically adapt via reproduction doesn't mean one organism is more 'highly evolved' than another. The reason people have that notion is religious - God gave Adam dominion over the beasts. The early scientists were religious, so they tried to fit natural selection into religious paradigms, but all that is outdated. Now the theory only tells of the chronology of natural selection (which is evolution). But evolution isn't going from 'lower' to 'higher'. It's just that natural history shows that organisms become more complex over time.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:02 AM
ImthatIm

Gem
who's established Facts?Proven theory by observation as far as evolution?
I'm not a monkey. My fact. Not proven by observation.
I'm not a swamp amoeba. My fact. Not proven by observation.
I'm part of the natural order of natures laws. Altair implied I was less evolved. His theory based on his observation.
I eat meat Altair does not. He claimed he was more evolved.
Is the Theory of evolution a theory that goes back beyond provable facts by observation or is it a lot of fill in the missing pieces by educated guesses?
If one piece of the Theory of evolution goes back beyond when the observations started then it is still guess work by observing bones and that proves little.
None of this matters to me anyway.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Sentient.....I'd love to hear more of what you have to say about the Totemic hunting clans of Europe!

I think I kind of covered it on this thread:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...2&postcount=66

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...4&postcount=72

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...1&postcount=83

..... and here:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...08&postcount=9

Even though we hunted, the Totemic system served sustainable Totality.
If you still (be it subconsciously) remember your Totemic past - the Spirituality of Oz-Aborigines becomes sort of - 'visible' to you
- although it is different.
They will uncunningly 'recognize' you as your Totem in their kinship system (as you will recognize theirs. It goes both ways).

(But I do have the total s*--ts* with NAFPS and their "white henchmen" - calling our Ancient Culture as 'Shame-ons' and 'New Age' when in fact - we have preserved the Ancient North Eurasian Culture the best we could under the circumstances).

Last edited by sentient : 04-12-2018 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:16 AM
ImthatIm

I love to carve art out of the bones of deer. Plus make bone hunting tool replicas (never use bone for hunting when metal is available). I prefer Elk bone though.Made a knife handle out of camel once, it was best.Any horn material is a favorite also to make art from. I have made some art out of Moose bone as well.Always wanted to harvest sinew and go through the process of making cordage. I have done little pieces but, bow length would be what I would want make. I have never seen it done (for bow). Tanning of the hides is hard work. Takes the longest too.I found hair to be twice as hard as hair off.I always wanted a Buffalo robe.You can almost live in one.Would not want to tan it though.Skinned a Bear face once, lots involved there, so many muscles and attachments especially around the lips. Wolf is some of the best fur for keeping warm in the north.Fox and badger and bear work well too. Deer skin or buck skin is soft on the feet.Good stalking footwear.Not for comfort as much as for slow, soft and quit.You can feel the stick below your feet while still looking ahead.Badger claws make good necklaces. Have not seen to many Bear claw necklaces in person. Porcupine quills are good for trading. Raccoons have the most sensitive feet. A good source of meat is tongue( Deer, Elk, Buffalo) Many peoples feed it to dogs or waste it.I always put in my order to order to hunters. Never tried oysters of Elk or deer or anything for that matter. We drink the blood out of the heart while warm. Paint up the hunter of the kill. Two fingers dipped in the warm heart. Two strips down the cheeks I've seen plants shoved in a deers mouth after a kill. (only on tv) Never heard of that one. I ate muskrat once. a common water snake too (taste like between chicken and fish) Snapping turtle is a favorite of mine. The snare is cheap and effective.But I would only use it in survival.But you should still practice to be effective. Bow drill fires and flint and steel fires are an art form.
All is my experience or opinion.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Gem
who's established Facts?Proven theory by observation as far as evolution?
I'm not a monkey. My fact. Not proven by observation.
I'm not a swamp amoeba. My fact. Not proven by observation.

You are a specimen of homo sapiens sapiens.

Quote:
I'm part of the natural order of natures laws. Altair implied I was less evolved. His theory based on his observation.

His view is based on imagination and the pretext that evolution is a hierarchy of mores and lessers.

Quote:
I eat meat Altair does not. He claimed he was more evolved.
Is the Theory of evolution a theory that goes back beyond provable facts by observation or is it a lot of fill in the missing pieces by educated guesses?

We dig up older fossils of organisms and find they are less complex.

Quote:
If one piece of the Theory of evolution goes back beyond when the observations started then it is still guess work by observing bones and that proves little.
None of this matters to me anyway.

It proves that earlier organisms were less complex than organisms of today, and hominids are a fairly recent development in the chronology.

The vegans might frame what we eat for their own self aggrandisement, but that has nothing at all to do with natural selection or the chronology of evolution.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:12 AM
Master
Off topic .... but ....

Many of my Ancestors were really dark in their skin colour, because they had been Seal Hunters (seals are high in Vitamin D) … since the Mesolithic times, and vitamin D is what the skin colour is all about …… despite what the 'White' or 'Native Amer. Red' (so similar) in their racist *B--S--* propaganda/theories or comments about skin colour would have you believe ....
https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/e...-ago-1.2512465

Last edited by sentient : 04-12-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:30 PM
ImthatIm

The more days in a row you stay in nature, the less of yourself you become. Your awareness expands. The more you are in nature with animals the less you want to move and the more you become aware they don't know or care you are there. Many times,after walking awhile you come across garbage, rubbish or whatever and it is perplexing how and why would a human drag this way out here and leave it.