Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 03-08-2023, 06:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Bowl Moon

The last couple of nights, I have had a dream where I'm arguing with my brother about the importance of money, and material possessions, with me explaining that it is meaningless. Then our argument is interrupted when the moon, which is about three quarters full, starts to turn so that the shaded part is up, giving it a bowl or vase like appearance. Also several stars move from their places in the sky forming five lines of five stars that extend downward from the moon in a fan shape towards the earth. Now that I think about it, like the bowl is pouring out. We are both fascinated by it, but he becomes scared, and I become hopeful.

Can anyone with knowledge or experience in dream interpretation or symbolism make sense of this?

Thank you
Old 03-08-2023, 10:27 AM
irisa

Hi,

beautiful dream! I will give it a try, but of course these are my thoughts. You are the only one to really interpret your own dreams.

You and your brother, i think are both ´you´. The believer and the non-believer (sort of...that just comes to my mind).

He is scared when the moon suddenly moves...you are not...

It makes me think: the moon wouldn´t move like that. Made me think of feeling like ´your world is upside down´. When things with or around you (circumstances, thoughts, believes or whatever you can think of) suddenly change 180 degrees.

The ´bowl moon´ with the stars extending downwards from the moon...made me think of cornucopia (the horn of plenty). The stars feel like they symbolize numerous opportunities...like they say: ´Just sent us your wishes.´

And like the ´world upside down´ is saying that it only needs a change of mind to get there.

The bowl moon made me also think of harvest moon...

Hope this is of any help.

What does the moon mean to you? What feelings did this scenery give you? That is where you can find your right interpretation. Sometimes in time this can still change.
Everything in your dream symbolizes you. So try and put yourself in the moon. Start like: I am the moon and i suddenly turn and am the other way around (?)...I am millions of stars, aligning...
I am fear, but what exactly am i afraid of...
Old 03-08-2023, 04:15 PM
Experiencer

Providence rules over Necessity. Stars over the Moon. Your understanding over your brother's. Those who have should share with those who need, they receive enough not only for themselves, that is the Divine Law.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Hi,

beautiful dream! I will give it a try, but of course these are my thoughts. You are the only one to really interpret your own dreams.

You and your brother, i think are both ´you´. The believer and the non-believer (sort of...that just comes to my mind).

He is scared when the moon suddenly moves...you are not...

It makes me think: the moon wouldn´t move like that. Made me think of feeling like ´your world is upside down´. When things with or around you (circumstances, thoughts, believes or whatever you can think of) suddenly change 180 degrees.

The ´bowl moon´ with the stars extending downwards from the moon...made me think of cornucopia (the horn of plenty). The stars feel like they symbolize numerous opportunities...like they say: ´Just sent us your wishes.´

And like the ´world upside down´ is saying that it only needs a change of mind to get there.

The bowl moon made me also think of harvest moon...

Hope this is of any help.

What does the moon mean to you? What feelings did this scenery give you? That is where you can find your right interpretation. Sometimes in time this can still change.
Everything in your dream symbolizes you. So try and put yourself in the moon. Start like: I am the moon and i suddenly turn and am the other way around (?)...I am millions of stars, aligning...
I am fear, but what exactly am i afraid of...

Thank you interesting.

Something strange happened tonight. I was driving home from a date, and as I drove down the road I noticed the moon, and like in my dream it was shaded on the top like a bowl, and red, hanging over the road as I headed home. Because it was without perspective it seemed bigger than usual. I cant remember ever seeing it like this. I thought about the dream and I felt strange, and a bit frustrated to be honest.

I thought it could be related to the date. I have been struggling with finding deeper meaning in life. I keep going after spiritual things but sometimes I think maybe there is nothing more to life than carnal lusts and material things, and that I'm wasting my time chasing dreams. The date went well and the lady wanted me to stay, but something she said made me think. She told me life is all about sex, and those words troubled me. So I decided not to stay with her for the night, even though she wanted me to, and I just kept it friendly and went home. And then I saw the literal moon from my dream over me as I drove home at 11pm.

Maybe I'm heading to the loony bin soon, this is so frustrating.
Old 07-08-2023, 11:33 AM
irisa

Hey, before heading for the loony bin, just give yourself a couple of more tries and lots of credit...

Did you ever hear of the dark night of the soul? If not, you might want to look it up..

Because it was without perspective it seemed bigger than usual.

This stood out for me...what about illusion...?

In your dream you were with two: one became scared and the other hopeful. You have a choice. If you would choose to be hopeful, this doesn´t mean that the next minute everything changes, but in being hopeful there somehow is the promiss that the life you wish for does exist.

Try to not be disappointed like you seemed to be after this date. What if you encounter exactly those people that say things to you like this woman did? What if you only encounter them (at this moment) to make you think about you and your life? In your dream it was clear about what is not of importance for you.
How did this woman make you feel? What did she make you think when she said that for her life was all about sex? And if you answered that last question for yourself...what does your opinion about it teach you about yourself? Sometimes things aren´t just what they look like...

The part of the moon became enlightened that normally was dark...what´s hiding in your own Shadow? Often this shadow hides things we think are not normal, or to be ashamed about, fears, things we don´t like to show others.
But are these really things to be ashamed about, to fear? Why don´t we want to know others we think, feel or (don´t) act that way...?

Again...you could use this for the things hidden in the shadow. What is true and what is not? Are you seeing things (whatever) in perspective?

Your date with this woman reminded me a bit about someone i dated. He was also very sexually oriented. ´Normally´ i wouldn´t even have dated him, but i seemed to be on a certain ´path´ for some time so i gave it a try.
It was fun, but also sort of frightning...through him i got to know myself...my hidden shadow parts. It really became like a big fight in my mind...what was i doing? What did i think about this all? Why did i do this? And finally: who the .... am i?! I was really boxing with all my feelings and emotions. He did see it and responded in exactly the way i needed him to respond.
But he and everything drove me kind of crazy and away. I think for me this was awakening. Suddenly i felt how much i had held myself back. I always had found that world around me was becoming harder and colder. Maybe that is...but i had been putting up more and more defences.
And this time, by choosing to step into his world, which i thought would be pretty shallow...it turned out to be the most beautiful world (and not meaning only the sexual part, not by far lol) i ever entered.
It brought me closer and closer to my real self. And this guy? He wasn´t shallow at all. I was envious about how centered he was, powerful in a good and nice way, empathic, how he felt at home in his own body.

Hm, well...maybe i am writing too much now and are you thinking: why is she saying all this?! I don´t know. Yes, because of (not) seeing things in perspective...turned out i was seeing lots of things in black or white...where i found the world had become mostly black and white...
Old 07-08-2023, 04:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Hey, before heading for the loony bin, just give yourself a couple of more tries and lots of credit...

Did you ever hear of the dark night of the soul? If not, you might want to look it up..

This stood out for me...what about illusion...?

In your dream you were with two: one became scared and the other hopeful. You have a choice. If you would choose to be hopeful, this doesn´t mean that the next minute everything changes, but in being hopeful there somehow is the promiss that the life you wish for does exist.

Try to not be disappointed like you seemed to be after this date. What if you encounter exactly those people that say things to you like this woman did? What if you only encounter them (at this moment) to make you think about you and your life? In your dream it was clear about what is not of importance for you.
How did this woman make you feel? What did she make you think when she said that for her life was all about sex? And if you answered that last question for yourself...what does your opinion about it teach you about yourself? Sometimes things aren´t just what they look like...

The part of the moon became enlightened that normally was dark...what´s hiding in your own Shadow? Often this shadow hides things we think are not normal, or to be ashamed about, fears, things we don´t like to show others.
But are these really things to be ashamed about, to fear? Why don´t we want to know others we think, feel or (don´t) act that way...?

Again...you could use this for the things hidden in the shadow. What is true and what is not? Are you seeing things (whatever) in perspective?

Your date with this woman reminded me a bit about someone i dated. He was also very sexually oriented. ´Normally´ i wouldn´t even have dated him, but i seemed to be on a certain ´path´ for some time so i gave it a try.
It was fun, but also sort of frightning...through him i got to know myself...my hidden shadow parts. It really became like a big fight in my mind...what was i doing? What did i think about this all? Why did i do this? And finally: who the .... am i?! I was really boxing with all my feelings and emotions. He did see it and responded in exactly the way i needed him to respond.
But he and everything drove me kind of crazy and away. I think for me this was awakening. Suddenly i felt how much i had held myself back. I always had found that world around me was becoming harder and colder. Maybe that is...but i had been putting up more and more defences.
And this time, by choosing to step into his world, which i thought would be pretty shallow...it turned out to be the most beautiful world (and not meaning only the sexual part, not by far lol) i ever entered.
It brought me closer and closer to my real self. And this guy? He wasn´t shallow at all. I was envious about how centered he was, powerful in a good and nice way, empathic, how he felt at home in his own body.

Hm, well...maybe i am writing too much now and are you thinking: why is she saying all this?! I don´t know. Yes, because of (not) seeing things in perspective...turned out i was seeing lots of things in black or white...where i found the world had become mostly black and white...

Thank you for sharing your wisdom, it is so much appreciated.

I just went through the moon phases in my area for interest sake, and the moon is waning or 'balsamic' currently. It is almost like my dream, but the shaded part is inverted, so what I saw may have been obscured by pollution or a cloud...or maybe its what I wanted to see. The only way for it to be almost full with a bowl shape is apparently by lunar eclipse.

irisa, you wont believe what I just discovered. I'm actually shaking and my heart is in overdrive. The next lunar eclipse in my country is on the 28th of October 2023, and when I checked the shape it is like my dream (small shaded on top)...What are the odds of that happening, this is the weirdest experience of my life. First the dreams of roses and butterflies, then the healing plant/trees now this. There are so many things rushing through my mind right now. I understand what you are saying about perspective and parts hidden in shadow, but how do I bring it together with this upcoming eclipse? I dont want to reveal my exact location but check eclipses for Pretoria South Africa for similar.

Maybe at last the universe is answering me, by dreams and signs in the moon. I begged so long, and finally there is a sign that I can allow myself to hope. irisa, hope is not dead, it radiates brightly in the dark. I wrote this in a book I am writing, and now it makes sense at last: "In the deepest darkness hope grows the strongest, and in the blackest void the brightest radiance gathers its strength."

Thanks for your help.
Old 13-08-2023, 01:03 PM
irisa

Hi,

did any more discoveries?
It´s lovely to read how excited you are about finding that upcoming eclipse!
Life can be truly magical. When i write ´can´ i hear a thought saying life is magical. When knowing how and where to look.
It reminds me of all my sudden vivid and beautiful dream so long ago. Also had a dream about seeing an eclipse. My dreams and poems from long ago, seem to be taking place at this moment (almost 20 years after dreaming and writing). I think today is the day i finally realised i´m experiencing sort of a eclipse (of the heart then). I know it should be beautiful, but i´m not totally there yet, i guess...but while discovering all little steps towards this experience, again i can feel that life is magical.

What kind of book a you writing?
Old 13-08-2023, 02:47 PM
irisa

A lunar eclipse...thought i might look up when lunar and solar eclipses occurred last year.

Well..one lunar eclipse was one day before i had my first date with him irl.
And one solar eclipse occurred one week after we first spoke to each other online.

Are you into astrology/your birth chart?

In mine i have a Yod, which is also called finger of fate or finger of God.
Sometimes a Yod gets activated and things then can take place that might feel like fated. Well, last year suddenly i was thinking about divine timing towards the time i met this man...
This solar eclipse activated my Yod..., with: sun, moon, venus and mercury..
Also was this eclipse opposite my sun and venus.
In a poem i wrote about: with the moon above me i see in front of me my shadow in the sun. These words didn´t just come to me when i wrote that poem last week. No...i had a dream almost 20 years ago which made me write that phrase..., i believe i even literally dreamt that phrase in the dream. I called it: Strange harmony, which also feels like sort of a once in lifetime...back then i looked everywhere to find out what this strange harmony would mean...till now, that i found it, decades later.

I think i once already told you to enjoy this ´ride´...but again: ´enjoy´!