Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 11-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Knower

Unintentional channeling

Okay, this didn't happen to me but it happened to my brother and his gf while I've been staying over.

I'm not 100% sure on the details but basically my brother (who doesn't believe in spirits) was used as a channel to speak to his gf who does. My brother doesn't recall any of it happening, doesn't even believe it happened but basically they were laying in bed early in the morning and he said he saw a shadowy figure in the room. He twitched and started mumbling and whispering unusually quietly, in a way that A (brothers gf) knew wasn't my brother (who I will now call G) I should also mention this was after my brother drinking and taking a valium earlier in the night. A being sober.

So, the spirit would mumble through G and A would ask questions, but the spirit wouldn't answer her, G would have to come out of trance, ask the question himself, then he would twitch again and start mumbling/whispering the answer, a lot of the time being pretty difficult to understand, when the spirit was asked why it wouldn't answer A directly it kept repeating "I needed a host" over and over. The spirit saying things like "I want to help you" and when she asked why it was scaring her if it just wants to help it replied, "I didn't mean to scare you" and when asked its name it said "doesn't matter"... She asked if it was a good spirit and it said "I don't want to hurt you". She was trying to bring G back by saying "I love you G" and the spirit repeated "he loved you too, take care". When the spirit would take over, G would scratch at the bed, she asked why the spirit was making G scratch the bed and it said it couldn't control it. When G would come out of it, he would be gasping for air. From what I understand, over the course of the conversation, it was getting harder and harder to bring G out of it again. He was also twitching more and scratching the bed more and more.

I don't know what to tell her or how to help, has anyone had this happen before?
Old 13-10-2016, 05:02 AM
Pathfinder

Nothingexpert is reffering to me and my partner

If anyone has any advice it would be great, it was my experience nothingexpert is reffering to. Any other details needed I can answer. Cheers
Old 14-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
When we take drugs we become more susceptible to energy. I have had spontaneous channeling with on drugs and off drugs But it has never been like this. I have never been a host but always a channel and it has never been uncomfortable for me or my husband.
This sounds kind of intense and i would suggest they cleanse the home and themselves. Getting rid of any negative energy deposits.
Old 15-10-2016, 06:58 AM
Experiencer

i am familiar with channeling. i would listen to mary and clear the home of any unwanted energy. if you have a pendulum you can ask yes or no questions. i have had many experiences with unwanted entities choosing me to talk through as i am open to them but i dont recommend it unless you are aware it is happening. above all protecting yourself with white light and asking the universe to cover you,your loved ones, pets etc. and your home in white light as well.
asking spirits questions is ok if they are willing to answer.some spirits like to play games for you to get info from them. i usually keep a writing pad with me i can jot down details or let them ghostwrite.sometimes its just angry words on the page and other times its messages.

if u are an open channel you are open to not only good things but bad as well. protection and understanding being aware is key to communicating with spirit.

love and light to you
Old 15-10-2016, 11:08 AM
Knower

I don't have experience with this situation, but I do know first hand what it's like to have (what we would call in my own language) something like aura-hitchhikers.
That spirit doesn't have any right to do that. If you didn't give permission, they need to stay away.
Anyway, look for some Dragonsblood Incense, you can clean your house with that.
Old 16-10-2016, 12:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritualist74
asking spirits questions is ok if they are willing to answer.some spirits like to play games for you to get info from them. i usually keep a writing pad with me i can jot down details or let them ghostwrite.sometimes its just angry words on the page and other times its messages.

if u are an open channel you are open to not only good things but bad as well. protection and understanding being aware is key to communicating with spirit.

love and light to you
So I have a question related to this - arising from the experience of a favorite niece of mine, Sally. She bumbled her way into something along the line of spirit harassment. She was going through a period of "checking different things out," and was attending a Spiritualist Church due to her inquisitive nature. During this time, after toying with a Ouija board at home (on her own), she began to hear voices. Actually, the start of the voices coincided not only with the Ouija board episode but also with a break-up with a partner she’d lived with for some years.

Years later, the voices never leave her for long, and a really problematic aspect is they often say what she finds to be derogatory, discouraging, even foul things. She dropped any contact with Ouija boards, and discontinued involvement with the Spiritualist group.

Sally confides in me. Though her night's sleep has frequently been disrupted, she has been able to keep her job (teaching music at an art school), and been able to maintain her apartment, and to drive her car. She also has a bit of a social life. Thank goodness there are still these healthy aspects for her.

She has seen a psychiatrist for regular counseling sessions, and was put on anti-psychotic type drugs, as an out-patient. The drugs have not ended the voices, but mainly had a side-effect of making her sleepy during the day, which conflicts with her practical life.

She has come to wonder if the varied voices may be used by a single entity.

A very puzzling part of the situation is that our whole family is more oriented to spiritual approaches like Vedanta or Unity (open-minded, cross-cultural in outlook). But this entity seems to have conservative-christian narrow and strict attitudes, very 19th-century! Sally tells me she longs for this entity/entities to leave her alone as the communications are usually judgmental and never helpful.

My basic question is, why is it (and how is it) such entities choose to attach themselves to a gentle, well-meaning, friendly, intelligent young woman like Sally?
Old 16-10-2016, 01:57 PM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
The thing is, these spirits, or voices have no right over her, and so she can make them leave. Its making her realize this. Many people get trapped, in something such as this.
I myself had a problem with voices and such as a child. I spent years in hospitals and on medication, only making it worse.
Meditation and balancing her energy should be a major step in gaining control over the entities.
In reality there is only God. This physical world is an illusion, so so are these voices. You have to realize the power of God and the power of Yourself being a Son of God. Affirmations and denial can be used. She has to take control. They will listen because it is law.
Old 17-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks

Thanks for the reply everyone. I will cleanse house, my partner and I.
Old 22-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
So I have a question related to this - arising from the experience of a favorite niece of mine, Sally. She bumbled her way into something along the line of spirit harassment. She was going through a period of "checking different things out," and was attending a Spiritualist Church due to her inquisitive nature. During this time, after toying with a Ouija board at home (on her own), she began to hear voices. Actually, the start of the voices coincided not only with the Ouija board episode but also with a break-up with a partner she’d lived with for some years.

Years later, the voices never leave her for long, and a really problematic aspect is they often say what she finds to be derogatory, discouraging, even foul things. She dropped any contact with Ouija boards, and discontinued involvement with the Spiritualist group.

Sally confides in me. Though her night's sleep has frequently been disrupted, she has been able to keep her job (teaching music at an art school), and been able to maintain her apartment, and to drive her car. She also has a bit of a social life. Thank goodness there are still these healthy aspects for her.

She has seen a psychiatrist for regular counseling sessions, and was put on anti-psychotic type drugs, as an out-patient. The drugs have not ended the voices, but mainly had a side-effect of making her sleepy during the day, which conflicts with her practical life.

She has come to wonder if the varied voices may be used by a single entity.

A very puzzling part of the situation is that our whole family is more oriented to spiritual approaches like Vedanta or Unity (open-minded, cross-cultural in outlook). But this entity seems to have conservative-christian narrow and strict attitudes, very 19th-century! Sally tells me she longs for this entity/entities to leave her alone as the communications are usually judgmental and never helpful.

My basic question is, why is it (and how is it) such entities choose to attach themselves to a gentle, well-meaning, friendly, intelligent young woman like Sally?

I probably missed a lot here but this is a place to start:

There is no real rhyme or reason as to why someone becomes "activated" or contacted, or made aware of their guides, the awakening, etc.

Sometimes agreements are made and guides come in with us. Sometimes a guide will make contact outside of an agreement.

Tantamount to the experience is how much suffering is registered during the contact experience. People hear detrimental thoughts; thoughts not aligned with their own truth; evil, for lack of a better term.

In your friends case her suffering is directly related to religious paradigm. Rather than focus on why we can focus on how to reduce our suffering.

Rather than viewing interaction as a victim how about as a resource to help this entity progress? The fastest way to reduce suffering is to stop resisting the communication. Regardless of how course or outside your range of reason.

By becoming an observer to the stream of consciousness that occupies the mind we can open, engage, and learn from sources outside of our own mental constructs.

In essence one learns to become neutral to language and imagery. This is the key to releasing suffering. Fortunately or not we all have charged programs and belief systems that we have adopted as policy and act through. But in the world of imagination thoughts like visions are limitless. This is the school of spirit. And valence can run the gamut.

It is best to use these experiences as a launching pad to a deeper understanding of ones own psyche.
Old 23-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie
Sometimes agreements are made and guides come in with us. Sometimes a guide will make contact outside of an agreement.

Tantamount to the experience is how much suffering is registered during the contact experience. People hear detrimental thoughts; thoughts not aligned with their own truth; evil, for lack of a better term.

In your friends case her suffering is directly related to religious paradigm. Rather than focus on why we can focus on how to reduce our suffering.

Rather than viewing interaction as a victim how about as a resource to help this entity progress? The fastest way to reduce suffering is to stop resisting the communication. Regardless of how course or outside your range of reason.
You make a good point... not sure of how it relates to Sally's personal case. For instance, the voice told her that wearing lipstick is a sin. Truth is, Sally rarely wears lipstick or any sort of make-up - doesn't wear it at work, not to most cafés or restaurants, or family get-togethers (it's just not her usual style). But this voice warned her off of wearing lipstick on any occasion.

To me, this lipstick concern is pretty doggone trivial. Why label it "a sin"? Sounds like advice from a straitlaced, mid 19th-century conservative churchgoer. So how can this be a guide? We aren't living in 1870, this is the 21st century.

You also seem to be saying that the incarnate person contacted may have a role or responsibility toward the discarnate. In which case, I'd suppose, you're saying Sally should perhaps be "the guide" for this spirit. ???