Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 05-05-2019, 06:22 AM
Experiencer

Dating

Hi everyone.
I realised lately next person I date will accept and be open to my spiritual side. What are ideas where you have found your spiritual partner?
Old 05-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Master
A good question.
When I was awakening and setting my first conscious steps on my spiritual path I was in a relationship. He kind of grew with me on the matter. He was very logical but in an odd sense also a bit curious. The funny thing is, he was a narcissist (I didn't know at the time btw) so you'd expect them to not be open to it. But eventually he even did some things with me, dowsing with rods outdoors, a workshop and so on.
I could talk to him about a great many things, but he had his limits.

Now, having to find a partner, it's different. I am now established, have my own thing, routine and so on in the spiritual. So not like growing together in the matter.
My last partner was open for it, but had very clear limits, which in retrospect weren't as 'loose' as the narcissist's. But then there's missing the growing together part again...

I've also dated a guy who was spiritual himself, but in different ways. I showed an interest and almost got overrun by his opinion on things. Not how I want it either.

I'm asking and focusing on attracting the right partner for me. And such a man will match in that sense too.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Lorelyen

I believe you have to be ready to compromise. Your spirituality is entirely your own - so it'll be the same with anyone you date. Your best hope is a close alignment with fundamental points in common so you can converge.

A very close spiritual match is certainly possible but it has to come with the rest - like their aspirations, the practicalities of how they live. My own findings are that female and male approach spirituality from a different angle. I may be wrong. I've found a close match but I really don't want us to be spiritually identical. Were that the case there'd be nothing to learn from each other and we'd be sitting there silent.
My closest match is my soul mate - same gender so nothing sensual other than (for me) an appreciation of her grace, her beauty and vitality, all of which of course are generated internally. The rest, a great commonality.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Deactivated Account

I make lists for manifestation these days when looking for new partners, spirituality and spiritual compatibility is always important to me so I always put that down and I've always gotten it, therefore, pretty much every partner I meet is a soul connection as a result (since this is in the soulmates/twinflames section).
Old 05-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I believe you have to be ready to compromise. Your spirituality is entirely your own - so it'll be the same with anyone you date. Your best hope is a close alignment with fundamental points in common so you can converge.

A very close spiritual match is certainly possible but it has to come with the rest - like their aspirations, the practicalities of how they live. My own findings are that female and male approach spirituality from a different angle. I may be wrong. I've found a close match but I really don't want us to be spiritually identical. Were that the case there'd be nothing to learn from each other and we'd be sitting there silent.
My closest match is my soul mate - same gender so nothing sensual other than (for me) an appreciation of her grace, her beauty and vitality, all of which of course are generated internally. The rest, a great commonality.

I think this is beautiful Lorelyen, like so many of your wonderful posts.

So much so, I don't mind what beliefs my next partner has as long as she accepts me for who I am - as I accept her for who she is.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 06-05-2019, 08:04 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
I think this is beautiful Lorelyen, like so many of your wonderful posts.

So much so, I don't mind what beliefs my next partner has as long as she accepts me for who I am - as I accept her for who she is.
Much appreciated. Thanks!
Allowing people to be who and what they are is where it's at to me, rather than build up expectations that border on demands which so often leads to disappointment and a serious narrowing of whom you can get on with. A selfishness that backfires all too often. If dating someone I'll soon know if we match.
A person's sense of humour is far more an indicator of who I'll get on with - not the kind of jokes they crack but the way they look at life generally and if they enjoy it.