Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 13-12-2014, 07:17 PM
John J. Bannan

A NEW PROOF OF GOD

THE DOUBLE DICHOTOMY PROOF OF GOD

1) A metaphysical dichotomy between the set of all possible all inclusive states of existence and no states of existence proves that no states of existence cannot be the case, because our universe is real.

2) A metaphysical dichotomy between the set of all possible all inclusive states of existence that can become real and the set of all possible all inclusive states of existence that cannot become real being those possible all inclusive states of existence that contain two logically possible but contradictory states proves that the set of all possible all inclusive states of existence that cannot become real cannot be the case, because our universe is real.

3) Because our universe had a beginning and does not need to be real, and because something must be real without our universe being real due to the fact that no states of existence cannot be real, then there must be something real without our universe being real proving that all inclusive states of existence that can become real must be possible in reality.

4) Because the set of all possible all inclusive states of existence that can become real is infinite because one can imagine any given universe with the addition of just one more thing ad infinitum, then there cannot be a meaningful probability for any given universe because the set is infinite.

5) But because the universe is real, then there must be something real which determines what becomes real among the infinite set of all possible all inclusive states of existence where said determination is not based on probability or random chance.

6) Because something can be real and our universe not be real, then there must be a power to create the real such as our universe, and as there is a power to create the real, then there must be a power to determine what is real based on an order of preference.

7) Because the set of all possible all inclusive states of existence that can become real is not inherently ordered, and because it is possible to determine based on preference which possible all inclusive states of existence come into reality, then there must be a real eternal constraint that determines through will and intellect to allow any or all of these possible all inclusive states of existence to become real.

8) Because the actualization of any or all possible all inclusive states of existence that can become real requires the constraint to actualize them, then the constraint cannot be made and therefore must be infinite pure act without moving parts.

9) Said constraint must have power over all possible all inclusive states of existence that can become real being omnipotent and omnipresent.

10) Said constraint must have knowledge of all possible all inclusive states of existence that can become real being omniscient.

11) Because the mind of the constraint is omnipresent and hence within all of us, our minds are contained within the mind of the constraint which calls all of us to be Sons of the constraint.

12) Hence, a single being exists who is eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, is not made, and has a will and intellect and we call this being God.
Old 14-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Master
I see little more than a bunch of unsupported assertions.

-you have not established what 'real' actually is yet use it a basis for several statements.
-no evidence the universe had a beginning (or not)
-the number of possible states need not be infinite. Even if it is, that does not show anything.
-there is no evidence that imagination is infinite
-no evidence that any states become 'real'
-why should constraint be the only way to manifest reality?
-why should constraints have power over anything after having made 'things' real'? Power may end because of realness.
-having power over everything does not equal omnipresent. One may be present only in a given region and have to 'travel' to assert power elsewhere
-no support for mind being anywhere
-no reason to assume 'a single being'
Old 14-12-2014, 03:06 PM
John J. Bannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
I see little more than a bunch of unsupported assertions.

-you have not established what 'real' actually is yet use it a basis for several statements.
-no evidence the universe had a beginning (or not)
-the number of possible states need not be infinite. Even if it is, that does not show anything.
-there is no evidence that imagination is infinite
-no evidence that any states become 'real'
-why should constraint be the only way to manifest reality?
-why should constraints have power over anything after having made 'things' real'? Power may end because of realness.
-having power over everything does not equal omnipresent. One may be present only in a given region and have to 'travel' to assert power elsewhere
-no support for mind being anywhere
-no reason to assume 'a single being'
If I were to answer all your questions in one proof, it would be 100 lines long and no one would read it.
Old 14-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John J. Bannan
If I were to answer all your questions in one proof, it would be 100 lines long and no one would read it.
That may be, however presenting 12% of a proof and expecting any one else to follow it is reaching.

From what was written the gaps concerning power of creation vs. power of control , the mind, the will, and the role of beings are too big for me to bridge.
Old 15-12-2014, 12:36 PM
John J. Bannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
That may be, however presenting 12% of a proof and expecting any one else to follow it is reaching.

From what was written the gaps concerning power of creation vs. power of control , the mind, the will, and the role of beings are too big for me to bridge.

Reality is the absence of the absence of reality.

The Big Bang is strong evidence of the beginning of our particular universe.

There is no logical means of limiting the number of possible states of existence.

Imagination is infinite in that sense that I can always imagine one more of the same thing.

The Big Bang is strong evidence that our particular universe has become materially real.

Name another method of something becoming materially real besides a constraint.

A constraint must have continuing power over the material real, because a constraint on what becomes materially real and what does not become materially real must have power to alter the material real at will.

Because a constraint must have continuing power to alter material creation at will, the constraint must be omnipresent to perform such alteration at will.

The mind of the constraint must likewise be omnipresent because without the mind, there is no power to alter material creation at will.

There must be a single being or constraint, otherwise multiple constraints would have the power to undo the work of eachother, and therefore none would be a constraint on all material creation.
Old 15-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Will you marry me? ;)

Loved it lol
Old 15-12-2014, 08:42 PM
John J. Bannan

LOL! My wife would object!
Old 15-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Deactivated Account
LOL, aw well too bad then! :)