Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-07-2011, 05:11 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
Guilt is bad and does not help anyone, including yourself.

However, taking responsibility for your actions and accepting the consequences of those is important.

I have seen many people use the no fault/no blame thing to absolve themselves from the responsibility of actions they have taken that has harmed another and that is never an acceptable solutuion.

Can you explain please what do you mean by "responsibility" exactly?
(not sure I understand)

I believe you cannot become a bad person if you stop judging yourself. Do you agree?

Thanks!

3dnow
Old 21-07-2011, 05:50 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Yes fully agree. Now how is that different from saying that you are not responsible for your thoughts?

Everything bad you did in your life, you are not responsible.

Thanks,

3dnow
We are responsible for our thoughts I think whether if they are intrusive or not. There is an underlying issue to these thoughts. Once the core issue is brought to the surface than we can stop the thought patterns. Really ask yourself, "why do I get these thoughts? What underlying issue is going on here?" that's why I say observe your thoughts, because you will get to the underlying issue.
Old 21-07-2011, 05:55 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
We are responsible for our thoughts I think whether if they are intrusive or not. There is an underlying issue to these thoughts. Once the core issue is brought to the surface than we can stop the thought patterns. Really ask yourself, "why do I get these thoughts? What underlying issue is going on here?" that's why I say observe your thoughts, because you will get to the underlying issue.

I don't have any idea why I have a given thought. The reasons are lost.

Moke you will never get to the underlying issue. You are creating more issues that's all you do. Just accept it is not your fault and forget.

This requires courage of course.

Then you (not you) will stop judging and being hard on others too.

3dnow
Old 21-07-2011, 06:05 PM
3dnow

When you accept that you are not responsible for your thoughts and actions, nothing changes! You don't become a monster or something like that.

Except that you feel lighter.

3dnow
Old 21-07-2011, 06:30 PM
moke64916

Quote:
I don't have any idea why I have a given thought. The reasons are lost.

Moke you will never get to the underlying issue. You are creating more issues that's all you do. Just accept it is not your fault and forget.

This requires courage of course.

Then you (not you) will stop judging and being hard on others too.

3dnow
Observing my thoughts was my first step spiritually. I'm just saying when you are the silent observer, it does not lead to more thinking because you have detached from mind. You feel free. and very peaceful. Observing thoughts was my first steps to detaching from mind do I would no longer feel negative emotions. And observing thoughts does't lead to more thoughts. It FREES you from thoughts and unnessicary emotion. Now I am feeling wonderful emotions and grace has taken over.
Old 21-07-2011, 06:32 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Observing my thoughts was my first step spiritually. I'm just saying when you are the silent observer, it does not lead to more thinking because you have detached from mind. You feel free. and very peaceful. Observing thoughts was my first steps to detaching from mind do I would no longer feel negative emotions. And observing thoughts does't lead to more thoughts. It FREES you from thoughts and unnessicary emotion. Now I am feeling wonderful emotions and grace has taken over.

Staying in the now is wonderful but how do you forget the past if you don't forgive? (you and others)

I also have the experience that body (chakras) remember past experiences.

Last night I was thinking to myself I am not responsible for anything, then I got a series of flashbacks from my chakras as if they were saying this too? and this one? Yes? Yihaaaaaaa!

Thanks,

3dnow
Old 21-07-2011, 06:44 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Staying in the now is wonderful but how do you forget the past if you don't forgive? (you and others)

I also have the experience that body (chakras) remember past experiences. What about that?

Last night I was thinking to myself I am not responsible for anything, then I got a series of flashbacks from my chakras as if they were saying this too? and this one? Yes? Yihaaaaaaa!

Thanks,

3dnow
Your mind is creating more 'time' which the mind does. That's all it knows is time. When do those past thoughts occur? In the Now. Accept and forgive the past in the present. What is thinking about it going to solve? "I can't feel at peace now because of something that happened in the past.". That's an example of ego mind trying to survive. You are reading this post right now. Are you thinking about anything else as you read these words. Do you feel present reading this post. You are present right now. Do you have any wordies about past as you read these very words? You see, you were just free of past by reading this. You are present. When your filly present the past doesn't effect you. You can only feel peace right here right now in the present moment. Make peace with the present moment.
Old 21-07-2011, 06:53 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Your mind is creating more 'time' which the mind does. That's all it knows is time. When do those past thoughts occur? In the Now. Accept and forgive the past in the present. What is thinking about it going to solve? "I can't feel at peace now because of something that happened in the past.". That's an example of ego mind trying to survive. You are reading this post right now. Are you thinking about anything else as you read these words. Do you feel present reading this post. You are present right now. Do you have any wordies about past as you read these very words? You see, you were just free of past by reading this. You are present. When your filly present the past doesn't effect you. You can only feel peace right here right now in the present moment. Make peace with the present moment.

Well this must be true.

What I am saying is also true and it certainly helps forgetting the weight of the past and healing the body.

So I don't know... The two are related to the same fact that "you are not your mind".

3dnow
Old 21-07-2011, 07:48 PM
moke64916

Correct. I am not my mind. It is a tool, but not who I am. You know when your not your mind when you are fully present in the moment. That is when the wonderful feelings come. If you look back at the times you were present in the moment, how did you feel? I bet you felt at your best. The Present Moment is key for spirituality in my opinion. Where else would someone find joy, pure live, bliss, and peace. When the mind is quit is when positive emotions follow. But yes, we are not our minds. It is part of what MAKES up me, but it is not me. I am my Being. The goal is for mind, body, spirit unification. It happens in the present moment.
Old 21-07-2011, 07:59 PM
moke64916

From experience, when you are fully present, not ANY thought has the power to bring you down. All issues just go away. You feel energized and joyful. It may take time for one to fully accept the present moment, but d*** was it worth it. I feel great, and it's because I am present in the moment.