Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Knower
Am I doing it right? .-.

Is there really a proper way to close your eyes and meditate? Ive cam across people who tell you to meditate on this but they don't explain how to properly meditate, what are ways you meditate as a individual??

When i meditate, I first have to be comfty, I like to sit on the floor with a few pillows, then i get a few candles and light them, I turn off the lights to make it easier, the candles make me feel more in place. I then sit and close my eyes, i take a few deep breaths and visualize on something i want to manifest.

Letting go is a different story, I feel that something is bothering me i repeat the step above but this time, i will place a larger white candle in front of me then i will stare at it with a calm gaze. after doing this take a few deep breaths visualize releasing the troubling thought from your body as black smoke.

Edit: I myself have issues with getting into deep states of meditation, and it would help to post your meditation habits with the rest of us so we can grow as one.

This always make me feel better.

Thanks for reading i hope this helps someone.

Love, light and laughter!
B4U <3
Old 08-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Guide
It depends on what your trying to accomplish. If you wish to construct a chair first you need a wood plane and materials. If your looking to write an article you start with a pen and paper.

The right tools for the right job.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 AM
goldie08

Angel1 Each person must find what works best

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLightB4U
Is there really a proper way to close your eyes and meditate? Ive cam across people who tell you to meditate on this but they don't explain how to properly meditate, what are ways you meditate as a individual??

When i meditate, I first have to be comfty, I like to sit on the floor with a few pillows, then i get a few candles and light them, I turn off the lights to make it easier, the candles make me feel more in place. I then sit and close my eyes, i take a few deep breaths and visualize on something i want to manifest.

Letting go is a different story, I feel that something is bothering me i repeat the step above but this time, i will place a larger white candle in front of me then i will stare at it with a calm gaze. after doing this take a few deep breaths visualize releasing the troubling thought from your body as black smoke.

Edit: I myself have issues with getting into deep states of meditation, and it would help to post your meditation habits with the rest of us so we can grow as one.

This always make me feel better.

Thanks for reading i hope this helps someone.

Love, light and laughter!
B4U <3

----------

Each individual must use whatever works best for themselves.
One very fine video on Meditation is this one:

"Spiritual Reality - Power of Meditation"
http://youtu.be/TWttCv0p6WQ

----------
Old 08-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

The most common method of meditation is to follow the breath. Even those experienced in all sorts of meditations will tell you it's all about the breath. Everything else is just technique. I found a Buddhist breath meditation is a good starting point for most meditation newbies. You could do this for a month or so for about 20 to 30 minutes every day. When you feel you've got the hang of that move on to something else if you want to. The key is to make time for it every day, it's all about practice. Here's a video with a guided breath meditation to get you started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLxqKgrVpXM
Old 09-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Knower
That is great advice, thats the kind of reply i like to see! *claps* : )
Old 12-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Veggiegrl20

When I meditate I like being outside. Inside is ok too. I have cystals that help me meditate. Really, it's best to find what works for you best. It helps me to breathe "into" my third eye. This means that I focus on the spot in the middle of my forehead, breathe into it and the out of my mouth and circulate that air. It's continuous, you know? It's best not to think during meditation- I've noticed it distracts me. You just follow the air your breathing in and out as it goes in your third eye and out your mouth.
Old 13-12-2012, 08:32 AM
littleangelite

I started with guided meditations that i found on youtube. Then, go on to just do it without music for about 10-15mins. Lately, i love listening to Tibetan Singing Bowl music that i download from youtube. Can really feel the tense at the third eye.
Old 13-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleangelite
I started with guided meditations that i found on youtube. Then, go on to just do it without music for about 10-15mins. Lately, i love listening to Tibetan Singing Bowl music that i download from youtube. Can really feel the tense at the third eye.

This is exactly how I started out. I love Tibetan singing bowls because the sounds enable me to get into that 'thoughtless' state. I've just recently returned to guided meditations (Sanaya Roman's Orin guided meditations are excellent, so are Kelly Howell's) and practicing Metta (lovingkindness) with my crystals.

I don't really do anything fancy. I light candles and incense but that's about it. To be honest I try to meditate at any place and time. If I am walking, I try to focus on the sensations in my body or on the breath; if I am waiting in line I do the same thing.