Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurélie
So I've just started to meditate (at least that's what I call it...). Here's what I do: I either sit or lie down and just let my mind fly in complete silence. From that, two different things can happen:

1) my mind goes just complete blank and I stare at the candle/wall/what ever happens to be "in the way" of my view. I'm completely motionless. Even my eyes get like locked, I have no wish to "see" what I really see with them. If I continue, my view goes blur. That's usually when I stop 'cause I get worried what might happen next. It feels utterly relaxing though.

or

2) I start to "daydream". Actually, it doesn't feel like daydreaming, it's more like turning on a channel and watching a movie. In daydreams, I can contribute to what I'm dreaming of. This I can't.

Now, I have these questions:

Is this meditation? If it is, am I doing it right? Should I worry about doing something "wrong"? What might happen then? What are those "movies" shown to me, memories from the past lives?

And for some weird reason, the presence of water makes concentration a way more simple. (e.g. sitting at the seaside, having a shower running...) If I'm "on the dry" I get thirsty afterwards!

Thank you in advance Peace and hugs!

Some years ago when I first started journeying (a form of meditation), I met up with a deer along the river bank and it motioned me to hop on it's back. We rode into the woods and I remember worrying if I would find my way back. When I let go of that fear, the ride became amazing. I'll never forget the fear I felt and the joy felt when releasing it. Your post reminded me of that.
There is all kinds of meditation........my personal choice is to meditate constantly by observing my feelings, thoughts, etc as an observer. This works better for me than trying to sit and clear my mind because it addresses the stuff that clouds the mind instead of pushing them aside. This way they arise naturally an they fall away naturally.
Good luck to you........
Old 25-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Forgot about this thread completely...sorry!

Thank you all for your lovely advices and sharing your stories! I guess I'm using meditation for two reasons: just learning to find tools to control my mind so that I can keep my head cool and active under extreme pressure, and also to just unwind the stress.

The yearning of complete silence is sometimes so concrete it's like you're thirsty or hungry. :) specially in today's world, overloaded with all kinds aural and visual stimulation. Sometimes it's like everybody wants constantly my attention and I solve it by just running away from the world

Make your own determination and decision, it's your path to forge. I would come and advise you to meditate like I do, but do you want to be like me?

I will explain one thing, and because I'm wretched I know this thing. In all my life, no matter how degenerate I became, I never once had the desire to be other than myself. That's love, kind traveller.
Old 25-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Aurélie

I agree with you guys now that there are so many ways to meditate and what ever works for you, is the right way to do it. But we can also learn from each other some tips if we share ideas of meditation, so I'm curious of different ways of doing it. Ultimately I will just take the pieces that fit me and affine my ways to work even better.

I too like to observe my feelings as an outsider at the beginning of the meditation. It's the part where I learn new stuff of how my mind works and why some things upset me and some don't. After I've "cleaned" all those extras from my head I'll try to just go blank. It's like sleeping in a way, like my mind is a computer and I just turn it off.

So my meditation = rebooting my system, so to speak :)

thanks, this thread really helps me form an opinion about this whole subject!
Old 26-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Master
h
Quote:
The yearning of complete silence is sometimes so concrete it's like you're thirsty or hungry.

This yearning for the silence is good, Aurelie, and can take you beyond escape and relaxing, which are fine aims too.

Between your thoughts and underneath the thinking mind is a wide open quiet space. You might just notice it and relax down into it. It's your inner being.

Xan

Old 26-10-2012, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
I agree with you guys now that there are so many ways to meditate and what ever works for you, is the right way to do it. But we can also learn from each other some tips if we share ideas of meditation, so I'm curious of different ways of doing it. Ultimately I will just take the pieces that fit me and affine my ways to work even better.

I too like to observe my feelings as an outsider at the beginning of the meditation. It's the part where I learn new stuff of how my mind works and why some things upset me and some don't. After I've "cleaned" all those extras from my head I'll try to just go blank. It's like sleeping in a way, like my mind is a computer and I just turn it off.

So my meditation = rebooting my system, so to speak :)

thanks, this thread really helps me form an opinion about this whole subject!

I don't see what is wrong with that, so to me it's like, OK good.