Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-08-2018, 11:20 PM
Experiencer
Herkimer Quartz with Angry Energy

Hi,

I bought a herkimer quartz nearly a year ago, after being drawn to it in a shop. I was using it to meditate and was faithfully cleansing it under the full moon for a few months. This seemed to be working well.

Life got in the way; I got tired and neglected my spiritual life; and I set it aside for several months. I picked it up today, and it has several carbon deposits now, where it was completely clear when I bought it, and it has this angry energy to it.

Obviously it needs to be cleansed, and as we are just coming out of the new moon, I am at a loss for the best way to cleanse it while we wait on the next full moon.

Being fairly new to crystals, I am concerned that it may not ever have the same energy it used to have...is this true?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.
Old 16-08-2018, 03:05 AM
Experiencer
I meant to say that I previously recharged it in the moonlight.

Will smudging be enough to cleanse it?
Old 16-08-2018, 05:19 AM
Master
Most of the time I use smudging to cleanse my stone pieces, for me it works fine.

Perhaps you can give it a try, perhaps smudge it, then put it away for two weeks or a few days and try and be open and see again then how it feels for you.

I do not believe you absolutely need moonlight for cleansing, you can use a number of different techniques and ideas.

Do not fear as well the possibility to incorporate some of your own ideas as well, if you stumble upon any.

Sometimes I simply cleanse with a light dusting of the material and let that be my cleansing measure with my focus on the cleansing mentally.

Whatever you do I wish you well.

You may come to find it simply does not resonate with you, and serves you no longer, and that is okay, and I dare say normal.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
You may come to find it simply does not resonate with you, and serves you no longer, and that is okay, and I dare say normal.

Thanks. I think this was my main concern, that it wasn't normal.

I plan to smudge it very soon and will do as you suggested.

I had a thought to use salt, and I may still do that, as well.

I appreciate your input!
Old 17-08-2018, 06:29 AM
Administrator
Hello

This is a stone that has strong ebbs and flows to it. Its not one that you would use everyday but at times when you need to have it around. This will be something you "feel" from it. I know I have some in jewlery an there are times when I can so not wear it and it will not even go on my neck or if its the earing into the hole in my ear.

I have put down what I have in information on it.

Herkimer Diamonds

The most powerful of all Quartz crystals. Being doubly terminated, they have the ability to transmit their own energies, but to receive spiritual energy and to amplify and focus it intently.
Metaphysical Properties:

Herki\mers are powerful tools for astral travel. Grids with large Herkimer Diamonds are used to create dimensional doorways, their internal structure making them ideal for both sending and receiving energy.

Healing Properties:

The Herkimer Diamond is extremely useful in healing environments where its clarity, brilliance and high frequency facilitates the removal of energy blocks or debris, and stimulates healing by increasing the amount of Light energy the body can utilize.

Magical Properties:

Life energy. It opens the higher chakras and helps one to remain focused on the meditative state.

Energy: Receptive
Planet: Earth
Elements: Light
Deity: Angerona the Roman Goddess of Silence,
Powers: Life energy.
Zodiac: None
Chakra Classification: Crown

Lynn
Old 18-08-2018, 05:13 AM
Experiencer
Interesting thread ! I didn't know that about astral travel !

Probably just being a little nitpicky, but I wish people would stop using the term " diamond " to describe a quartz specimen. I realize that it is a term often used, and you did not just make that up yourself, however the term is very misleading and doesn't represent an accurate description of the stone, especially for a mineral collector such as myself.

Many of these terms are outdated, not just the Herkimer " diamond ". It's like calling citrine " Spanish topaz ". One old term that I still agree with is " flaw " now they call it " inclusions " because " flaw " is a derogatory name apparently.

Again I'm just being nitpicky, and not really concerned. I know it's an accepted term, or at least used to be. I love all your posts Lynn, just a small thing I noticed I thought would share with you. It's kind of the only thing I can contribute on this thread anyhow.
Old 18-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Guide

It's probably how you look at it.

As a gemcutter I understand that a stone having a 'flaw' will make the stone less valuable but as a stone collector and also as someone who is interested in their metaphysical properties a 'flaw' is often a 'gift'. Something that makes a stone or a crystal stand out and make it more special.

For instance I have a large Peridot crystal with Ludwigite/Vonsenite needles running through them. For a gemcutter it would a be stone of little interest. As a stone collector it's very interesting because it's a crystal that is rather rare and apparently comes from one place only so I want to know more about it (didn't really succeed but you get my drift). As a metaphysical stone I am also very interested in its' properties. So all those different ways of looking at stones and crystals resonate with me. It's like they all matter to me.
Old 19-08-2018, 04:58 AM
Experiencer
Hi Sylmar ! Thanks for your point of view. As a gemcutter you can probably relate to my position more than most people. You probably get where I am coming from with my collection than many other people. I collect large stones for their beauty and not the metaphysical aspects, and since you work in the gem business, probably know many people with this type of love for gems.

Your type of experience and knowledge of gems is what I am most interested in. I love gemstones just as much as anyone on this forum, but my interest is in the formation and chemical makeup of stones, and their localities, refractive index and of course, cutting and fitting of stones.

My expertise and interest is probably best suited for a more geology based forum, however no active forums of any value exist or at least from what I have found. Spiritual forums was the closest fourm I could find. At least here I get to talk much about gemstones and minerals. Many of the " spiritual " type threads I ignore or are above me, however there is still many opportunities to talk about stones in the more traditional sense, and there is some on this forum like yourself with real knowledge about stones. ( practical knowledge that is, not trying to insult anyone ) My wife is big into the metaphysical stuff, but for me not so much.
Old 19-08-2018, 08:34 AM
Guide

Hi Canuck, thanks for the reply. I made a huge error making you believe I am a gemcutter. Unfortunately English is not my first language (I am Dutch) so I make the grammatical error from time to time. What I meant to say that 'if were I to be a gemcutter'. Sorry for that confusion. I have done some gemcutting though with a small company in the past but the contant contact of water on my skin was something I could not endure physically so I had to quit. I still regret that a bit.

I can see your point. Not all people are interested in metaphysical qualities of stones and just want to know how they formed and are intrigued by their beauty. I can totally relate to that. If I was not interested in metaphysical properties I would still collect stones. I do think it's a wonderful thing you and your wife can both enjoy stones and crystals on different ways and both enjoy the same stones and crystals. That's really wonderful and special.

Have you ever heard of Mindat? They have a pretty interesting messageboard that I visit from time to time. This is the link: https://www.mindat.org/forum.php
Hopefully you'll continue visiting this forum as well. We can't have enough interesting facts on stones and crystals now can we. We're all enthusiasts in our own way. We all love these gifts from the earth. :)

Sorry as well I'm not on-topic anymore to the topicstarter.
Old 20-08-2018, 06:29 AM
Experiencer
Hello Sylmar ! Your English seems pretty darn good to me, or maybe you just have a really good translating program. It's really cool that you have experience cutting gems. Maybe you are not an expert gemcutter, but if you've done it before, and know how, I would call you a gemcutter

Yes I am really lucky to have a wife that shares my love of crystals. To be honest it's her that kind of got me started, but our interests have morphed into two separate types of collections. Hers is the more smaller cut gems, and I mostly collect large raw specimens. I can totally relate to your opinion on flaws being really interesting in large display specimens, and not as much desired in cut faceted gems. Our love of gems has been such that we have sourced out two very high quality flawless tourmaline gemstones we are going to turn into wedding rings. My stone is a 5.7 carat emerald cut colour change tourmaline ( green, yellow, red ) and hers is a 7.0 carat trillion cut colour change tourmaline ( pink and orange ) We haven't gotten around to turning them into rings yet.

Thank for the tip on the Mindat site ! I haven't seen that before and yes it looks very interesting to me. Don't worry, I won't abandon my friends here at Spiritual forums. Like I said I have many opportunities here to talk about stones and their scientific aspects, and the community here is super supportive and non judgemental. I think perhaps it's good to have someone like me in this fourm with a different set of views and opinions. I have also made it clear on this forum I really adore many Chinese crystals, which is also not always the most popular opinion for some reason.