Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
This is a pretty silly mind game that you won't get the OP to go along with.
It isn't my intention to play mind games or get anyone to go along with anything. I have hopes that evidence can be provided, but I wrote simply in response to the other poster. One can believe in whatever one chooses to. Knowing usually comes with evidence. In my case, I haven't seen evidence. It is what it is.
Quote:
It reveals an insecure, scared mindset that wants proof but is unable to glean any.

Or perhaps it highlights that those who so readily choose to believe any claims without being given evidence have a deep fear of death and the unknown. Like the majority of people, I seek answers. Until I get any, I'm fine waiting with the unknown.
There are some who claim to have had transcendental experiences of their own, suvc as NDEs, and so perhaps they have their own personal evidence which strengthens their personal knowledge. That is fine, I am happy for them, and highly interested in their exoeriences. I am not one of those, so when I read extraordinary claims, coupled with information that differs from that of more verified literature, I observe, but with a grain of salt. It simply serves to add yet another idea to a large bucket of ideas for what a possible afterlife may be like. I do think that without some level of evidence I don't find the information any more objectively valid than most of what I've read on the subject, but that is simply my personal opinion. You can choose to believe in whatever you want- that is your prerogative.
Quote:
Personally, I think people can believe anything - ask any fundamentalist, and you will know how much people cling to their beliefs, of whichever creed.
Agree, people can believe anything they want. You seem eager to believe. That is OK, your choice. I prefer to remain an open minded skeptic searching for some level of truth, which in my opinion ultimately requires verification of some sort. That is my prerogative.
Old 24-12-2018, 07:52 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm
Maybe I can simplify things. God loves you just the way you are. But if you can't accept that and want to win God's love without all the dogma, treat and respect all of God's creations, including our planet and all living things on it, in the way you would like to be treated and respected. Be kind, be caring, be generous, be compassionate. Nice and simple.
I like that, regardless of differences in creed, belief, knowledge, understanding.
Old 24-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convolution
I like that, regardless of differences in creed, belief, knowledge, understanding.
God knows our limitations. As long as your heart is in the right place, and as long as you earnestly seek the truth, God cannot ask for more than that and will surely be happy with you. Anyhow, that's my two bob's worth for today. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you Convolution, and to all those associated with SF.
Old 24-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Much depends on one's level of addiction. Addiction usually rises past the physical, sometimes even past the mental, and into the domain of spiritual addiction. After death, we no longer have a physical body, through which one's cravings can be satisfied. Sure, after death we don't experience physical withdrawal symptoms such as aches and pains, shaking and sweating, but mentally our cravings intensify greatly, which can only wear off gradually.

Oh dear .

I hope it is not as bleak as your words sound......., when I was writing the post I did think of different kinds of addictions, habits,life styles, but felt I would keep it simple, well as simple as you could such an expansive subject such as it seems are many subjects these days, we are changing and evolving all the time, so nothing is set in stone, and the spirit world is so beyond anything we as human beings can comprehend or imagine.
in places where others do not.
Old 24-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
Oh dear .

I hope it is not as bleak as your words sound......., when I was writing the post I did think of different kinds of addictions, habits,life styles, but felt I would keep it simple, well as simple as you could such an expansive subject such as it seems are many things these days, we are changeing and evolving all the time, so nothing is set in stone .

I am not an authority on the aftelife, but I would say that if you find yourself in the glorious summerlands, which most kind-hearted people of average intellect and morals end up after death, you should find life so interesting and exciting, that releasing an earthly habit, even one as powerful as a heroin habit, shouldn't prove too difficult. But if you find yourself in the bleak and barren 'darklands' that would be a different story altogether.
Old 24-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
I am not an authority on the aftelife, but I would say that if you find yourself in the glorious summerlands, which most kind-hearted people of average intellect and morals end up after death, you should find life so interesting and exciting, that releasing an earthly habit, even one as powerful as a heroin habit, shouldn't prove too difficult. But if you find yourself in the bleak and barren 'darklands' that would be a different story altogether.

Sparrow says, and it resonates with my heart wisdom, that upon death there is only one spirit realm where we all return to, but some cling to there earth ego self and beliefs , and take time to adjust, explore and expand there awareness in the after life.
Old 24-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Sparrow says, and it resonates with my heart wisdom, that upon death there is only one spirit realm where we all return to, but some cling to there earth ego self and beliefs , and take time to adjust, explore and expand there awareness in the after life.
I agree with Sparrow that some cling to their earth ego self and remain earthbound for a time. And yes, the vast majority of people move into the one spirit realm - the summerland. In 2006, I had an extensive NDE while in an 8 day induced coma, was greeted by a helper who showed me two distinctly different types of worlds, one bright, happy and loving, the other dimly lit, depressing and stripped of love. Unless I was mistaken and my observations were distorted, which is possible, some selfish and hurtful people need time and guidance to raise their consciousness to the level required to resonate in the summerlands - the one realm to which Sparrow refers.
Old 24-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
May I suggest you read LIFE IN THE WORLD UNSEEN as well as MORE ABOUT LIFE IN THE WORLD UNSEEN by Anthony Borgia, a psychic medium who claimed to have channelled the words from the deceased Hugh Benson, a son of the former Archbishop of Canterbury, Edward White Benson. Hugh Benson defected from the Anglican Church to the Catholic Church, where he was appointed chamberlain to the Pope in 1911 and subsequently titled Monsignor. A highly educated man and respected author before his death, his channelled descriptions of the afterlife are, in my humble opinion, amongst the most informative and accurate ever produced. Both books can be downloaded in PDF format for free.
Old 25-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Master
Quote:
I agree with Sparrow that some cling to their earth ego self and remain earthbound for a time. And yes, the vast majority of people move into the one spirit realm - the summerland. In 2006, I had an extensive NDE while in an 8 day induced coma, was greeted by a helper who showed me two distinctly different types of worlds, one bright, happy and loving, the other dimly lit, depressing and stripped of love. Unless I was mistaken and my observations were distorted, which is possible, some selfish and hurtful people need time and guidance to raise their consciousness to the level required to resonate in the summerlands - the one realm to which Sparrow refers.

Hi malcolm.

Sparrow did not say some cling to their earth ego self and remain earth bound for a time.
I said some cling to their earth ego self, from what I got from Sparrows words, neither of us said remain earth bound for a time.
Your NDE sounds very interesting its just the heaven and hell bit it sends my heart wisdom into a sense of coldness

Merry Christmas every one
Old 25-12-2018, 06:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Hi malcolm.

Sparrow did not say some cling to their earth ego self and remain earth bound for a time.
I said some cling to their earth ego self, from what I got from Sparrows words, neither of us said remain earth bound for a time.
Your NDE sounds very interesting its just the heaven and hell bit it sends my heart wisdom into a sense of coldness

Merry Christmas every one
Places called heaven and hell do not exist. They are states of consciousness, nothing more and nothing less. The idea of eternal damnation in a fiery place called hell is utter nonsense. Subscribing to religious myths has never been my cup of tea. Life on earth is a finite cause, therefore it cannot produce an infinite effect, such as eternal damnation. I never think in terms of going to heaven or hell, just a natural progression to a realm that reflects one's level of light and love. Death does not guarantee an automatic entry into the summerland. Some people need to adjust, as Sparrow correctly points out. They need to raise their consciousness to the level of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE by releasing their earth ego, negative emotions and false beliefs. This adjustment process, from what I can tell, takes place in a realm with a lower level of light and love, and when they are ready, they all progress to the summerland. To use an earthly analogy, if a child is not ready for high school, he or she usually spends an extra year or two at primary school, before going to the next level. Children as such are not condemned to hell, but simply spend a bit more time at primary school than most, until they are ready to take the next step. Sending them to high school prematurely can cause more harm than good. Regarding earthbound souls, they are those who simply, by an act of free choice, refuse to leave the earth plane for one reason or another. We call them ghosts, but sooner or later even ghosts progress to the summerland. But as I have stated, these are simply my understandings, based not only on the events I experienced during my NDE, but supported by a ton of channelled literature coming from the afterlife. Indeed, I could be wrong. Every man processes his observations through his imperfect filter.

Last edited by malcolm : 25-12-2018 at 08:16 AM.