Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-05-2013, 02:21 AM
Scattered Sheep

11‘You do not bring the Name of your Elohim to naught, for does not leave him unpunished who brings His Name to naught.

12‘Guard the Sabbath day, to set it apart,as your Elohim commanded you.
13‘Six days you labour, and shall do all your work,
14but the seventh day is a Sabbath rest of your Elohim. You do not do any work – you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, so that your male servant and your female servant rest as you do.
15‘And you shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Mitsrayim, and that your Elohim brought you out from there by a strong hand and by an out-stretched arm. Therefore your Elohim commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:26 AM
amy green

Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Scattered Sheep

Shabbat Shalom (Basically means have a peaceful rest) Amy!!! Today (Saturday) is the SABBATH!!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:31 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
Shabbat Shalom (Basically means have a peaceful rest) Amy!!! Today (Saturday) is the SABBATH!!!!!
If you only knew! A peaceful rest is precisely what I need but is hard to negotiate. I am a full time carer, looking after my mother for one and a half years with just 1 day's break in all that time.

I guess you might mean from posting on SF - well, it's my lifeline! Is this your day of rest I wonder?
Old 11-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Mayflow

Scattered - Give your recitings of scripture a rest and just take the time to be nice. The good Lord is within, not in quoted words.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:23 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Scattered - Give your recitings of scripture a rest and just take the time to be nice. The good Lord is within, not in quoted words.
An interest in different viewpoints to his own would be a welcome change (but unlikely).
Old 11-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Scattered Sheep

YHWH has one view point. It is in His Scriptures. HalleluYAH!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 PM
TeeHee

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Welcome to our "banter".....How can you quote the book that they call the bible as evidence of any kind?...Is this the only evidence that you have to offer? It means nothing to me....Most of the gospels were written 100-300 years after everyone who knew anything were long dead...

Actually the OT was finished hundreds of years before Jesus' birth. The NT was written 70AD and sooner, some attest to earlier, either way well within the life time of the Witnesses who wrote their Gospels. The Gospels written some 100-300 A.D. are known as Gnostic and therefore correct in rejecting. Even Scripture contest these false beliefs thoroughly refuting them.

The Gospels written before the death of eye witnesses were written too early before myth could develop, but I am certain you already knew that.

If you seriously were considering the authenticity of the Gospels, you'd be well to research it, but I am pretty certain you will not because nothing could change your mind.

Quote:
Author Date
Written Earliest Copy Approximate Time Span between original & copy Number of Copies Accuracy of Copies
Lucretius died 55 or 53 B.C. 1100 yrs 2 ----
Pliny 61-113 A.D. 850 A.D. 750 yrs 7 ----
Plato 427-347 B.C. 900 A.D. 1200 yrs 7 ----
Demosthenes 4th Cent. B.C. 1100 A.D. 800 yrs 8 ----
Herodotus 480-425 B.C. 900 A.D. 1300 yrs 8 ----
Suetonius 75-160 A.D. 950 A.D. 800 yrs 8 ----
Thucydides 460-400 B.C. 900 A.D. 1300 yrs 8 ----
Euripides 480-406 B.C. 1100 A.D. 1300 yrs 9 ----
Aristophanes 450-385 B.C. 900 A.D. 1200 10 ----
Caesar 100-44 B.C. 900 A.D. 1000 10 ----
Livy 59 BC-AD 17 ---- ??? 20 ----
Tacitus circa 100 A.D. 1100 A.D. 1000 yrs 20 ----
Aristotle 384-322 B.C. 1100 A.D. 1400 49 ----
Sophocles 496-406 B.C. 1000 A.D. 1400 yrs 193 ----
Homer (Iliad) 900 B.C. 400 B.C. 500 yrs 643 95%
New
Testament 1st Cent. A.D. (50-100 A.D. 2nd Cent. A.D.
(c. 130 A.D. f.) less than 100 years 5600 99.5%

As you can see, there are thousands more New Testament Greek manuscripts than any other ancient writing. The internal consistency of the New Testament documents is about 99.5% textually pure. That is an amazing accuracy. In addition there are over 19,000 copies in the Syriac, Latin, Coptic, and Aramaic languages. The total supporting New Testament manuscript base is over 24,000. There's far less evidence that Aristotle, Plato and the likes of Homer were really written by them... but I'm sure you have a process for historical accuracy other than what others tell you....

But, I'm sure you knew that and nothing could change your mind.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:06 PM
amy green

Well, as Greenslade pointed out......
"Ignoring a few thousand years of prior history doesn't make the Bible any more true, ignoring numerous cultures across the globe doesn't make the Bible any more true."

The Bible is just one holy book in countless others.....there are many paths to God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_text

Old 11-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Scattered Sheep

"If you seriously were considering the authenticity of the Gospels, you'd be well to research it, but I am pretty certain you will not because nothing could change your mind." Mentioned by someone who does not know The Creator authored Scripture.

Except the Ruach (Spirit) and He is working!!!

There He is, Hi bro, thanks for the foot work, Sheep in the thick.