Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Kpastelle

The power of Faith

This story is about faith. And so, it’s also about Love.

Love and faith equals each other for one can not exist without the other.

Faith in yourself, faith in life, faith in your partner, faith in love itself. When you have faith in yourself you have love for yourself, when you have love for yourself you can love someone else with faith in this person.

But this story is not about faith for yourself or someone else but more about faith in life in general.

Lottery experts know that there’s a very low chance for your selected numbers to come out as the winning ones. One very special time in 2005 one hundred and ten people won for the same set of numbers in the same drawing.

Chances are that something like this should happen are very slim, almost impossible yet it did.

It was so out of the ordinary that they investigated it. And they found out that all of them that won that night, played the same set of numbers, that they had found in their fortune cookie.

The same week that they played these numbers they all came out.

Now this story makes me wonder how much faith had to do with it. If they played these numbers thinking they would come out given it came from a fortune telling cookie maybe there faith alone made it happen?

110 people believing in these numbers could and probably did have make it happen.

Now I wonder, if we gather a few hundred people and play the same set of numbers, with a little faith behind it, could it make it happen again?

I mean what are the odds that the numbers from that fortune cookie’s fortune comes out anyways?
Very slim I gather.

But maybe, just maybe, faith from 110 souls, beleiving enough that it would happen, really did make it happen.

Faith can move mountains and can also make your wishing numbers become winning numbers ♣
Old 18-01-2014, 04:24 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpastelle
This story is about faith. And so, it’s also about Love.

Love and faith equals each other for one can not exist without the other.

Faith in yourself, faith in life, faith in your partner, faith in love itself. When you have faith in yourself you have love for yourself, when you have love for yourself you can love someone else with faith in this person.

But this story is not about faith for yourself or someone else but more about faith in life in general.

Lottery experts know that there’s a very low chance for your selected numbers to come out as the winning ones. One very special time in 2005 one hundred and ten people won for the same set of numbers in the same drawing.

Chances are that something like this should happen are very slim, almost impossible yet it did.

It was so out of the ordinary that they investigated it. And they found out that all of them that won that night, played the same set of numbers, that they had found in their fortune cookie.

The same week that they played these numbers they all came out.

Now this story makes me wonder how much faith had to do with it. If they played these numbers thinking they would come out given it came from a fortune telling cookie maybe there faith alone made it happen?

110 people believing in these numbers could and probably did have make it happen.

Now I wonder, if we gather a few hundred people and play the same set of numbers, with a little faith behind it, could it make it happen again?

I mean what are the odds that the numbers from that fortune cookie’s fortune comes out anyways?
Very slim I gather.

But maybe, just maybe, faith from 110 souls, beleiving enough that it would happen, really did make it happen.

Faith can move mountains and can also make your wishing numbers become winning numbers ♣
I'm inclined to believe this 'energy' manipulation is happening all the time. But in general we are all over the place, thinking thousands of things a day, so we don't see it. There is no focus on one thing.

How do you view 'faith'?
Old 21-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Kpastelle

How do I view faith...good question faith to me comes from belief...If I believe in you then I have faith in you
Old 21-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Master

Faith is believing in something without knowing for sure but believing it anyway. It works best when it's for good. People have tried to use it for lotteries and such but it doesn't really work that way. Since it comes from the higher self it works when you use it for higher purposes. Mainly to help guide us in life towards a positive path. That's basically what all of spirituality and religion is about. It might work though, I don't know that it wouldn't.
Old 24-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpastelle
How do I view faith...good question faith to me comes from belief...If I believe in you then I have faith in you
What if you have faith in me and I fail? Is your faith mis-placed?
Old 24-01-2014, 04:11 AM
Adept

I definitely recognize and use the power of belief / faith, but I think this is different. A small probability is still a probability, when we discuss faith I think of miracles, which are actual violations of nature and, by definition, impossible. Just because a freak event occurs does not mean faith is related. In arguments like this I notice a common mistake - confirmation bias. I know many people who use fortune cookie numbers, lucky numbers, etc as lottery numbers and do NOT win. In fact, that's the usual case, suggesting that faith in the numbers has nothing to do with it, or faith is biased. Further, there's no reason to believe people had faith in this numbers rather than, say, simply randomly chose to use the numbers in their fortune cookies.

As for love and faith, I see no connection.
Old 24-01-2014, 04:12 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Faith is believing in something without knowing for sure but believing it anyway. It works best when it's for good. People have tried to use it for lotteries and such but it doesn't really work that way. Since it comes from the higher self it works when you use it for higher purposes. Mainly to help guide us in life towards a positive path. That's basically what all of spirituality and religion is about. It might work though, I don't know that it wouldn't.
I haven't thought of faith as a 'working' component. I've always viewed faith as a belief that 'something' either does work, or will work, or is just true. It's the 'object of that faith' that promotes faith. It doesn't stand alone, we have to have something to have faith in. I could be wrong though, it's just my experience.
Old 24-01-2014, 04:35 AM
helloquepaso

you keep having faith in something, itll eventually just come true.
Old 24-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adept
I definitely recognize and use the power of belief / faith, but I think this is different. A small probability is still a probability, when we discuss faith I think of miracles, which are actual violations of nature and, by definition, impossible. Just because a freak event occurs does not mean faith is related. In arguments like this I notice a common mistake - confirmation bias. I know many people who use fortune cookie numbers, lucky numbers, etc as lottery numbers and do NOT win. In fact, that's the usual case, suggesting that faith in the numbers has nothing to do with it, or faith is biased. Further, there's no reason to believe people had faith in this numbers rather than, say, simply randomly chose to use the numbers in their fortune cookies.

As for love and faith, I see no connection.
How do you use the power of belief/faith? If we are being realistic would faith make any difference?
Old 24-01-2014, 04:37 AM
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloquepaso
you keep having faith in something, itll eventually just come true.

That's not true.