Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-07-2022, 03:14 PM
Master
The calling of God, which leads to knowing God, is just a matter of time, eventually engulfing all of created humanity. Like a Shepard going after all his sheep to a field of destination.
Old 25-07-2022, 03:25 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Jer. 31:34 we all are predestined to know God, that will happen in one day, that great day. All religions will be bypassed and shoved out of the way, a new era of God will be ushered in.

Mickiel,

It is unfortunate that no one has commented on this portion of Jeremiah. The entirety is Jeremiah 31:31-34. The relevant promise is verse 34….”For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” What a promise !!! We must remember the last words of Christ….”forgive them for they know not what they do.” Jeremiah provides the proof that this, indeed, is the stated intention and promise of God. Now we must accept that the memory of God is without equal. If He says that He will no longer remember the sins that can only mean they are expunged from all records. To God they no longer exist….it is an example that the perfection of God is defined by His mercy.

Realizing this we can consider other Scripture in a different light. Psalm 37:38….”But all sinners will be destroyed; the future of the wicked will be cut off.” With our normal knee jerk literal reading of Scripture that sounds ominous. Instead if we relate it to the above from Jeremiah perhaps it should bring us joy. I can read it as the life that I lived as a sinner will be destroyed and wickedness in my future will have no hold over me..no power of attraction.

This is the reality of the Scriptures which speak of being ‘born again’ and becoming ‘a new man’. My premise has always been that all are saved. The task in regards to salvation is to come to the realization that you are already saved. Without this realization there can be no experience of the joy that this knowledge brings. One that knows this can then produce the fruits of the Spirit.
Old 25-07-2022, 03:50 PM
Molearner

By the way, all Christians should be familiar with Revelations 19:10…..”….worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”(KJV). It drives me crazy when people dismiss prophets with just being ordinary men expressing their own ideas. When they speak as a prophet they are speaking the words of Jesus Christ who has been present from the beginning……:). Rev. 22:6 reiterates this…….
Old 25-07-2022, 04:16 PM
Master
Christianity is trying to make itself a major player in salvation when they are small peas insignificant in Gods plan but big taco's in their own eyes. No religions are significant in salvation, I for one am glad.
Old 25-07-2022, 04:29 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Christianity is trying to make itself a major player in salvation when they are small peas insignificant in Gods plan but big taco's in their own eyes. No religions are significant in salvation, I for one am glad.

Mickiel,

Would it be better if they ignored speaking about salvation ? How should we contemplate salvation ? Does salvation get spoken about in Scripture ? If so should we be advised to ignore that ? All things to consider IMO…….:)
Old 25-07-2022, 04:44 PM
Molearner

Now in my case I put much stock in scripture. 2 Timothy 3:16….”All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness…..”. The key word is ‘useful’……that allows, of course, for a direct experience of God which would be the ultimate source. I sense that many dismiss Christians because of their belief in Scripture. Obviously mankind is quite free to avail themselves of any chosen resources.
Old 25-07-2022, 04:51 PM
Master
God called the nation of Israel, no other nation. All else are imposters.
Old 25-07-2022, 05:13 PM
Molearner

Quote:
God called the nation of Israel, no other nation. All else are imposters.

Mickiel,

Translate that please. Does that mean only tiny Israel is saved and salvation is denied to all others ? Previously I had understood that you believed in salvation for all……perhaps I misunderstood you ?
Old 25-07-2022, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Mickiel,

Translate that please. Does that mean only tiny Israel is saved and salvation is denied to all others ? Previously I had understood that you believed in salvation for all……perhaps I misunderstood you ?
I tell you as much as I have written that I believe in universal salvation it's a shame someone versed in scripture would insult me like this. It's clear I wrote that the calling of God was old testament and future tense. It's so biblical that God called the nation of Israel, old testament, and no other nation, (yet!), I mean you Christians are paranoid, afraid of any picture you are not in.
Old 25-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Molearner

Quote:
I I mean you Christians are paranoid, afraid of any picture you are not in.
That answers some questions. If Christians are not in the picture then that indicates that they are excluded. Any exclusions can only mean
that salvation is not universal.