Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I don't know if I trust a lot of teachings that can found in the "new age vacuum" only because there are too many people claiming to channel and be enlightened and they just are not.

Exactly, I totally agree, Amilius777
Old 14-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Master
If you take a long view of human development, you may come to see that much of the problem with our species originates with our "finding" deities. Prior to that, we had spirits of Nature who were an integral part of our daily lives and who could be invoked to help out in many ways. These spirits included Ancestral Spirits - hence our early Cult of the Dead and places like Maes Howe. Many of us just "worshiped nature in general and we were part of the Earth, not separated from it as we are now.
Deities are man-made ! This is how the mechanism works. Starting with a belief. Take concrete actions based on that belief. Observe the concrete consequences. Modify belief on the basis of these consequences and so on. Ultimately, the belief becomes a religion with all that it entails - rules, worship, dominance, etc.
Best example that I can think of is Gaia. I have had a belief system based on Gaia for many years, like a great many other people, and we took actions based on that belief and so on. The epiphany came with the work and theories of Lovelock which added a solid foundation to our belief. Gaia moved from our belief to our religion ! We had created a deity. Without followers, there are no leaders - especially true in religions. The rationale behind Gaia as a deity in the sense of belonging to a greater whole, the gestault. Something that many religions lack.
So, we have come full-circle from Spirits of Nature to a fully inclusive belief system which does not include reward/punishment but, instead, is based on self-development and discipline/accountability.
Old 22-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I don't know if I trust a lot of teachings that can found in the "new age vacuum" only because there are too many people claiming to channel and be enlightened and they just are not.

If it is a teaching that truly helps you see the world differently from a non-dualistic viewpoint, that person is truly a Mystic.

Very well said, and it's a rare quality because the mystic must help 'followers' rise above duality which is not easy. According to most traditions, duality occurred early in the chain of the creation process.
Old 30-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Master
Exactly.

The story of Eden and Adam is not about the beginning of evil, it is the beginning of the human race duping into duality; wanting to know good and evil. It's about how material experience without spiritual susenstance will kill your happiness. This life can become a constant shuffling between good and evil experiences.

Whereas reconnecting with our Spiritual Self, the tree of life our happiness will be restored and life in this world can be heavenly and exciting again.

Evil and duality is something the human race has an issue with because of free will. Animals, plants, insects, stars, planets, etc all work in a chaos order cycle and don't fuss about being parts of the working cosmos. They are naturally beloved. We tend to complicate everything!
Lol