Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 19-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Master
But, Morpheus, belief/faith IS simplistic. The complexity/doubt/conflict comes from religions.
Old 19-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Seawolf, I think we half agree. Most people have a personal belief system and that is how it should be - personal. The problems come when an "organisation" is built with "rules", "punishments", "judgements" and [finally] the worst of the lot - priests/imams, etc.
Individuals do not need priests to "intercede", they do not need extensive structures for formal, complex rituals. The evil lies in the regimentation of Faith !
Reminds me of the Dalai Lama, he always seems to get ancy in formal religious ceremonies. He wants to move around and smile at people.

For some, formal ceremonies are a very spiritual experience though, I think some people prefer them and others don't.
Old 19-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Master
Dali Lama is a living "emoticon" ! A fiercely intelligent man too.
Old 19-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Dali Lama is a living "emoticon" ! A fiercely intelligent man too.
He's indeed an intelligent man. I'll never forget what he said in an interfaith summit that had leaders from different religions. He said he was not for uniting religions, but rather appreciating their own individual unique qualities (which is what interfaith is). I've always felt the same way and don't feel the need to put all religions under the umbrella of my own belief system, saying they're really just trying to grasp or point to what 'I' believe.
Old 25-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Master
True Sea.
Nevertheless, it is bourne out that at their essence, they are in agreement. First and primarily, that Life is more than this transitory, superficial, and temporary organic and physical manifestation.

And also that God is. Even in Buddhist teachings.

All of which leaves atheism in the dust.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
And also that God is. Even in Buddhist teachings.

All of which leaves atheism in the dust.
Your argument is flawed.
Just because 2 separate beliefs concur, that does not make them right.
Absolute monarchies and dictatorships both agree that there should be no elections. If your logic is followed through then democracy would be left "in the dust."
Old 25-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Master
Religion is Spirituality in stasis !
[ Who said that ? Oh, it was me ]