Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 18-01-2014, 04:17 AM
Master

Coming in late here.....

As far as I know, the term White Witch came into being a decade or so ago (or even longer than that) I believe, when people wanted to appeal to the general public as being "nice" Witches by claiming to never work negative magic and only work positive, helpful magic and be a "good Witch".

A so-called Black Witch is not averse to working magic to harm someone, in other words, working negative magic and/or throwing a curse.

I believe that magic is magic - there's candle magic, earth magic, deity magic etc. etc. but it's the practitioner's will and intention that defines whether it's the so-called 'white' magic or 'black' magic.
Old 18-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Master
"Magic" is at the same time, simple and highly complex. Originally, magic was anything that the populus did not understand. I suspect that "magic" follows many rules, such as Laws of Conservation of Mass and Energy, it's just that we have not worked them out YET ! I further suspect that acts of "magic" are events occurring at the very low ends of a probability curve.
[Norse's First Law of Magic ]
Old 19-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Ascender
White and black magick doesn't exist, so white and black witches don't exist either. Magick is all about intent. You could argue that someone who only practices love magick is a White Witch, but what is their intent?
A "black" spell would be made white if the intent was good, just like a "white" spell would be made black if the intent is evil.
It's subjective.
But, to answer your question, a "white" witch would be someone who practices magick and their intent is good, even if the spells are not.
Old 19-01-2014, 03:47 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

In my opinion the difference between "white magic" and "black magick" are all about intent and the energy or spirits that person works with to make that intent a reality. For example you have Wicca which is very much earth magic. The energy and spirits you would work with would likely be of an earthly nature.
I believe you would also have to be aware of the intent of the spirits you are working with. Just as humans have an intent so does the spirit world. Then you have practices of magick like the lesser key of Solomon that is said to summon spirits that many would consider to be of a darker nature.
Old 19-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi_Spirit
In my opinion the difference between "white magic" and "black magick" are all about intent and the energy or spirits that person works with to make that intent a reality. For example you have Wicca which is very much earth magic. The energy and spirits you would work with would likely be of an earthly nature.
I believe you would also have to be aware of the intent of the spirits you are working with. Just as humans have an intent so does the spirit world. Then you have practices of magick like the lesser key of Solomon that is said to summon spirits that many would consider to be of a darker nature.

HI Bodhi. I do not follow wicca but the ancient path which led to wicca. The Cunning Path is very much Earth-centered and the only "spirit" that I invoke is Mother Earth. "Magic" has it's source in the natural energies of the Earth and the adept is the channeler of those energies. So as you rightly say, Black or White does not enter the equation. The Cunning Path is known as a "Crooked" Path.