Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
& so why does no one agree on what it all is? & why does everyone have a different opinion on it all?

i am also very aware of how inherently sick 'normal' humans really are -

The 10 toxic psychological traits that make so many people suck
From victim blaming to vanity, schadenfreude, and moral hypocrisy, we all have some twisted thinking to overcome.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90278683...ny-people-suck

This has been & is part of the challenge here with my own condition - dealing with 'madness' within a sick society / system / humanity.
Old 26-12-2018, 09:59 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Sometimes we have struggles and disabilities because it's the lesson we need to learn. The struggle is the vehicle and the door to understanding and knowledge and wisdom. Sometimes we just have to accept ourselves for the way we are, right now, right where we are.

i don't disagree, but words are very cheap & easy to say - it's very easy to make endless opinions, suggestions & statements, quite another thing to actually live the realities of life that some people experience.
Old 26-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Master

Well they aren't just words for me Being. I live a live of seclusion because of severe allergies. There is no cure for what I have. Only staying away from things that will kill me. So I do understand from the inside out.

I don't feel sorry for myself. On the contrary I have a good attitude and accept my disabilities for what they are. Lessons are not things like don't eat this or don't eat that. Lessons are how to love and accept myself for who I am right now. Life lessons.
Old 26-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Well they aren't just words for me Being.

For the past 30 years i have heard endless opinions & suggestions, people telling what to think, how everything is, what to do / Not do etc. For 17 years i have followed a very dedicated path of sobriety, self responsibility & healing. i have read & heard so much complete & utter nonsense in relation to my mental health & my experiences / illness / condition. i have gone full circle with it all, i accept the schizophrenia diagnosis & medication & accept that it is very likely what psychiatry says it is - a no fault, complex & serious biological illness / brain condition. i still feel that i am right in what i originally intuited & has been evidenced by all the reading & research that i have done, that people with schizophrenia need proper & appropriate treatment, psychological & social understanding, help & support, to better heal & recover.

17 years of working with alternative / spiritual healers, self help, 12 step groups, on-line forums & a lot else has been hard - it has Not been a resolution to things & it has had a lot of problems with it all. i recently paid a friend to clean my flat who has a cleaning company, she has been more help on a practical basis than 17 years of alternative healers put together. i think that says something quite profound.
Old 27-12-2018, 01:50 PM
Ascender

Austerity And Cuts To Benefits Is ‘Social Murder’, New Research Claims
Benefit cuts are a form of violence creating more poverty and even leading to death, says academic.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b05d7e5d8432a2

Aktion T4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_T4

Eugenics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

http://knowgenetics.org/history-of-eugenics/
Old 27-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Ascender

i feel a real affinity with the most vulnerable & downtrodden in society - the homeless, addicts, prisoners & recidivists, immigrants & refugees, the poor, sick, mentally & physically disabled, those with severe mental health difficulties, the orphans & elderly etc. & they are always the worst treated, & generally the most humble & decent people, as they have genuinely suffered.

Why as a society are the most vulnerable treated so badly?
Old 27-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Ascender

Quote:
i feel a real affinity with the most vulnerable & downtrodden in society - the homeless, addicts, prisoners & recidivists, immigrants & refugees, the poor, sick, mentally & physically disabled, those with severe mental health difficulties, the orphans & elderly etc. & they are always the worst treated, & generally the most humble & decent people, as they have genuinely suffered.

Why as a society are the most vulnerable treated so badly?

Why are the 'normal's' / affluent - those that generally have & do well out of this system usually generally such a bunch of arsholes? & so ableist, sanist, racist, superior etc - i suppose it has to do with Ego, Nationalism & the psychology of the dominant culture / groups.

Last edited by Being : 27-12-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 27-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Master

Quote:
For the past 30 years i have heard endless opinions & suggestions, people telling what to think, how everything is, what to do / Not do etc. For 17 years i have followed a very dedicated path of sobriety, self responsibility & healing. i have read & heard so much complete & utter nonsense in relation to my mental health & my experiences / illness / condition. i have gone full circle with it all, i accept the schizophrenia diagnosis & medication & accept that it is very likely what psychiatry says it is - a no fault, complex & serious biological illness / brain condition. i still feel that i am right in what i originally intuited & has been evidenced by all the reading & research that i have done, that people with schizophrenia need proper & appropriate treatment, psychological & social understanding, help & support, to better heal & recover.

17 years of working with alternative / spiritual healers, self help, 12 step groups, on-line forums & a lot else has been hard - it has Not been a resolution to things & it has had a lot of problems with it all. i recently paid a friend to clean my flat who has a cleaning company, she has been more help on a practical basis than 17 years of alternative healers put together. i think that says something quite profound.

You said some very grown up things in this post (that's a humorous way of saying some "very profound things"). I read earlier in this thread that you had given up on all the programs that promised healing and just accepted yourself as you are. As you said, you have come full circle. There are many like you and me who are in our own little worlds just plugging along doing our things, living our lives the best we can.

Some days are good, some days are average, some days really suck. It may not be much of a life to someone looking in, but it's my life, thank you very much. And I will see it with dignity to the end.
Old 27-12-2018, 03:26 PM
Master

The downtrodden are the ones about ready to exit this way of living. They are going through the really tough lessons.

Those in society that treat them badly don't want to be reminded of the hard lessons that must be eventually learned, in my opinion. They are younger souls who just want to have fun right now.

No one is wrong, we are all just at different places in our learning experiences.

If you might be interested in soul age I might suggest reading The Instruction by Ainslie Macleod. It gave me so much more understanding and compassion for those I used to call sheeple.
Old 27-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Ascender

Quote:
The downtrodden are the ones about ready to exit this way of living. They are going through the really tough lessons.

Those in society that treat them badly don't want to be reminded of the hard lessons that must be eventually learned, in my opinion. They are younger souls who just want to have fun right now.

No one is wrong, we are all just at different places in our learning experiences.

If you might be interested in soul age I might suggest reading The Instruction by Ainslie Macleod. It gave me so much more understanding and compassion for those I used to call sheeple.

Thanks for the suggestion - i am fried with all the reading, & have read a lot. i know what all the spiritual books state - have read hundreds of them, & cross referenced it all in line with the perennial philosophy. i don't take issue with the existence of the spiritual realms / realities.

i just get bothered about the state of the World & everything that goes on.

i think that as a species we could create a genuinely civilised & peaceful global civilisation, in harmony with each other & the natural World.

i am dependent on social security, not well enough to work - & i don't want to end up on the streets. i have also been watching my mother die & go through 10 years of severe alzheimers, as one of her main careers - it has been tough.

i relive the past 24 / 7 - i suppose it has become part of the condition. It's Not been an easy life.