Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-07-2016, 05:16 AM
Newbie ;)

I'm confused with my spiritual awakening

A few days ago I believe that I experienced my spiritual awakening. I'm going to try and make this easier for anyone reading and just ask the questions that I have first and then elaborate. My explanations are probably going to be everywhere, so I apologize. Anyway, some of the questions might sound a little weird but, here we go...

1. Why do I feel like a completely different person? Am I a completely different person? Am I a better version of myself, higher self, or something else?
(So, a few days ago I had experienced my spiritual awakening. When it happened it was completely unprecedented and I had no idea what was going on. It happened in a split second and all of a sudden I felt like a completely different person. Like who I used to be just disappeared and I had taken it's place. Except it didn't quite feel that way. It felt like I was taking over someone's body and then they were gone. It is really confusing for me because I feel like my past isn't even mine, it feels like it never happened to me, or that it might even be someone else's. I know that it did because I experienced it and have the memories and I know that it happened, I don't really know how to explain this but it just doesn't feel like any of my past happened. Like I said it felt as if I took over someone's body.)

2. Should I feel as if my past isn't mine or it didn't happen to me at all?

3. Why is it that I feel that I know that I am not who I used to be and I am sure that I am me but at the same time I don't even know who I am?
(This is going to be very confusing but it is the most simple way that I can describe this --> it's like I know that I am me(but I don't know who I am) and that I am not who I was in the past and sometimes think that who I was in the past was never me.)

4. How and why does it happen? Is it supposed to happen (planned before incarnation), chosen, or purely coincidental?

5. After I awaken I'm supposed to lose interest in most of my hobbies, then why do I have an even greater interest in my hobbies then before? If not now then is it going to happen later?

6. I've heard that right after you awaken you then start to get more interested in the topics of spirituality, the universe, crystals, energies, chakras, etc. You also just start to question things more in general, you stop being a "robot" , you get more intuition, you become less interested with the world. Basically, you just become more spiritual. The weird thing is that I was starting to get into this stuff and become more spiritual about a year ago, did I start my awakening then and not realize it?
(Now that I am really thinking about when it all might have started I remember that about a year ago when I started to develop more of an interest in these topics, I met someone. I remember the first day that we spoke and had a conversation that we were sitting in the grass and just chatting. Shortly after I started to get a very weird feeling and urge to find out more about myself and the universe. We eventually became very close friends. The more that I would hang out with this person the more I got into these topics and I guess I was becoming more "aware"? I did not know of this back then. Also it would make sense now because this person was very spiritual when we met and they sort of introduced me into it. On top of them introducing me to these topics I started to take my own interest . So, the only reason this is important is that I have heard that if you meet a soulmate or a twin flame that you can awaken due to being around them? I'm guessing this might be true, or it might be a huge coincidence that I got more into this after I met this person.)

7. Should the awakening process be out of order for me?

8. Why am I "bouncing back and forth"? (Between the "new" and the old me?).

9. Am I supposed to feel like my appearance needs a drastic change? Or just straight up feel uncomfortable in the same body?

10. My beliefs did not change?
(I'm pretty sure that I already had a lot of intuition, weird beliefs and "different" views before I experienced this.)

11. I want a different name? I hate anyone referring to me as my birth name.
(I don't know, for some reason whenever someone calls me my birth name it's weird because it doesn't feel like they are referring to me.)

12. Why do I doubt that it is happening sometimes and try to dismiss it as me just being crazy?

13. Am I supposed to feel that I want to stay away from everybody until I get everything sorted out?

14. I'm starting to notice that I am beginning to go through all of the "symptoms". But they kinda were not new to me, I just now realized it. I think that they may have started a week or two before I awakened.

15. If you are supposed to get tons of intuition and different views on everything after you awaken, then why did I have this months before I experienced my awakening?

I'm sorry if any of this sounded absolutely crazy or made no sense at all but I am just writing it the best that I can to explain my experience. And thank you to whoever reads this and helps me out.
Old 21-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Master
Sounds like you were preparing for it and the awakening happened when you were ready.

Btw, did it feel like it all happened at once? If so I would suggest to surrender now to this.

Question 11 will take care of itself based on your answer to the above.
1. yes
2. no
3. just be ready to accept it when you know
4. I still have no answer for this 1 myself
5. nope hobbies stayed the same and I enjoy them more
6.yes question everything! you might have been preparing, like in my case I renounced violence and even playing violent video games about a year prior.
7. don't think there is an order
8. have you accepted this and let go of the old life?
9. I don't know for everybody, but I did
10. mine didn't and still haven't. I wasn't into any religion or faith and still not.
12. I think everybody experiences that and you are not loosing it!
13. perfectly normal
14. if this the case: hang on, keep legs and arms in the cab and enjoy the ride. You will understand later.
15. your intuition was always there, only now your paying attention.

I hope this helps and hang in there, it gets easier. Meditation helps greatly.

Also I had these same or similar questions in February.
Old 21-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Master
Questions and Answers...

Fifteen questions...

This is how I see things from my perspective...

1. I would say that in reality, you are not quite the new person you think you are… What you are experiencing, is similar to that which a newly born child encounters, who has just found it’s way into a new world… Another way to look at it, is that you now have a new set of clothes… The others, still belong to you, but they have been stored away, so that you will be able, at any time, to see the changes that are or have taken place… As you progress in this new life, your attire will constantly change to match that which you’ve become… This will be echoed in the way your life changes…

2.Nope… In a sense, that past life, was the uterus in which you dwelt, as you were preparing yourself for your rebirth… It contains all that (which you originally were and to a certain degree still are) that you can use as a yardstick, to judge your progress from time to time…

3. That’s exactly how a newly born child finds itself… Like the child, all will be made known to you when the time is right… It was definitely you in the past, but not the you, which it was intended you would eventually have become...

4. All this takes place in an orderly fashion, so that you will begin to clearly understand what’s taking place, a bit at a time... Once a rebirth has begun, there is no need to think and move at an ever increasing rate… The idea, is to slow down, so that you can take in all that is happening at an understandable pace…

5. Not sure who suggested you’d retract from your hobbies… You may step back from them at some time, as you acquire different interests of a spiritual nature… But you’ll never forget them… I still clearly remember playing five stones, when I was a five year old…

6. Hang in there pal… You are running away with yourself… Your new life will dictate (to some degree) what you do, how you do it and at the speed that will allow you to accomplish your tasks to the full… What you are suggesting in number six, might well take a couple of incarnations to accomplish, so take it slowly and sort of relax into it all… That’s the first stepping stone to peace and tranquility in life…

When I’ve a little more time, I’ll try to come back with a few more answers… Having said that, those answers will be based on my life findings and may well be different to those which you will encounter… We all have different perspectives to work from and towards… So bear in mind, that in the extreme sence of the scenario, what is good for Jack, might not be so good for Jill…..

Hope it's understandable so far...

Regards…

Robbie….

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 21-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Master
Interesting...

That's interesting RinVaele... I've just noticed you left out question number eleven... Why might that be???

I have read on some occasions, that the number 11 plays havock in some peoplel's lives... Is that the case with you - might I ask???

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 21-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Master
Number 11...

Sorry, I've just discovered number eleven... So back to square one...

Robbie....

Old 21-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Experiencer
With a spiritual awakening, it has already started before you even noticed. Don't try to figure out what will happen next. Don't try to control it. Don't try to figure out what's going on. It's just a lot of change you are going through. The only certain thing about the process is that is full of uncertainty.

In general, if you feel like an aspect of the old you doesn't resonate with who you are anymore, like the way you dress, then change it. Go buy new clothes. If you feel fine with something, then leave it alone. You might experience some of the other things later (losing interests in old hobbies). It's hard to say. You are not done with the process yet so it's possible.

Just hang on for the ride. I've met people who have been on their journey for 10+ years. I don't think there are short journeys because of the amount of change we need to go through. Good luck.
Old 27-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Master
You sound so wise and mature for being 17, but that said I felt the same as you did at 17. I don't know if I had an awakening or not. I think I've been on quite a journey and it's taken me this long to feel good about myself. I really can't answer your questions because I really have no clue if I am 'awakened' or not, other than it's day time and I'm awake at work. :-)

I can answer your questions from my own life.

1. I felt different than everyone else since as long as I had memory. I dare say I was or felt spiritual since I was a tot. I did not feel as though my body was taken over, however. I just felt like I fell to earth from another planet. I didn't, of course, but that's what I felt like and still do at times. My past used to live with me and haunt me all the time, caused me to feel despair and depression but in the last few years, the past is the past and left there.

2. Just leave the past where it is, in the past. At least that's what I do. Fond memories are okay to keep, I would think.

3. To me, that just sounds perfectly normal. I was confused at your age, heck, I'm confused now about things still....

4. I have no clue, again, I'm not up on these things...

5. When I was old enough to know how to write, I wrote and wrote and wrote...I was my joy, my passion and hobby. That never left me but I placed it on a shelf...but for the past decade almost it is SCREAMING at me. I do believe it's something I am meant and supposed to do. Sounds to me you have some awesome hobbies that you need to weave into your life and put out there for others. :-)

6. For me, personally, I've always been interested in other matters, like spirituality (even though as a child, I didn't think of it as spirituality but I would talk to the universe, not because I read it somewhere or someone told me to, I just did it instinctively and somewhat woefully as though I had left my life and best friend up there in the universe somewhere. I still felt connected but lost. I've always played around with different areas that would come to my interest and take some and discard others. I still do this. As for twinflame/soulmates...I don't believe in twin flames...but I want to say this, PLEASE do not ever think you need another person to bring you to your potential, make it all happen, be the source of your happiness. You have all you need within yourself. Never rely on another for this. Ever. I've got someone in my life that I thought I absolutely HAD to have and I sounded every bit as obsessed and losing my mind as many I've read about. He's still with me, and to this day I don't know what all the insanity I experienced was about but I can honestly say what a waste of my life that was to put myself through it.

7. I don't even understand that question...

8. You are still you. I still bounce back and forth, but I don't know if I had awakened or not. But regardless, I'm still me, sometimes old habits or views die hard. I had to pull in the reigns on myself being so judgmental the other day because the park was swarming with people playing Pokémon Go. I went nuts. I wanted to scream at them that there was a beautiful body of water, a lovely breeze, trees, flowers, so much more to do and see and feel with your own senses get your faces out of your phones! I was so unbelieveably upset, so much so my bf got upset with me...I had to pull in the reigns and remind myself that they are busy living and enjoying their lives doing what they wanted so who was I to be upset with them.

9. Are you unhealthy? I would think the only change would be to love yourself. Took me decades to do that and the only reason I didn't before was because I felt I needed others' approval (that which I never seemed to get), thereby causing a sense of self-loathing within.

10. I've always been intuitive, I marched to the beat of a different drummer and I always liked that as well. The only change I have found is that I don't care what others think in regards to me being 'different'. :-)

11. I truly hate my birth name. I do. I use Sarian here because I've always known the name. maybe it's a name from another life but it's a name I always had inside as a child, I don't even understand it. My boyfriend calls me it, he knows the name means a LOT to me; however, I am not sure why, but it does. I've thought about legally changing my name to that...but too lazy to bother going through all that. lol That's a personal decision for you to decide. I don't think because one becomes awakened is a reason to change your name. Some religious sects like to change their follower's names...ugh.

12. Don't think you are crazy. You might feel that way at times simply because you are wondering what's going on. I see it as you are on a path and exploring and learning...it is all confusing and truly how can any of us really know what is true? I just go with my intuition and hope it's not taking me down a rabbit hole. :-0 I don't think it is. What drives me nuts is that I used to go into modes where I had to know all the answers NOW...now I may be curious but I don't drive myself insane trying to find out...I let it unfold itself. :-)

13. I would not isolate yourself. I always had my closest of friends and while I did not share with them things...I chose my friends carefully or they chose me or we chose each other, but I can trust them with my life. All that said I myself am pretty much a loner. I don't collect friends or have any desire to do so. I value trust and I have the ones I've had for decades if not most of my life. :-) They are like gold to me.

14. I never paid attention to any symptoms. Once out of curiousity when others here were carrying on about awakening symptoms, I read up on it and thought well, I must have awakened decades ago or maybe even recently because of some truly annoying sensation I had been dealing with for a couple years which finally subsided! But then again, maybe there is no such thing as awakening and it's some term coined...or we are all crazy.

15. I never heard of that. I think if you read 20 different books on the subject, you'd get 20 different explanations.

I'll end with try not to dwell and beat yourself up on it and just enjoy life. I wasted a lot of years trying to understand it all but then again, maybe I had to go through all that ** to finally enjoy my life now.
Old 28-07-2016, 02:41 AM
Master

You are not experiencing a spiritual awakening but you may be starting to wake up a bit. A spiritual awakening is a long process as our emotional body has many, many layers. You would have to raise your consciousness sufficiently in order for the awakening to begin. What it means is that you psychic abilities open up over time as your vibration increases. All you energy centers open up. It's the same thing as a kundalini awakening and it makes a lot of time to process. You must face all your fears, face your life up close and as a result you understand who you are at a very deep level.
Old 30-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinVaele
A few days ago I believe that I experienced my spiritual awakening.

This is the process, you will have other similar experiencing to. You're beginning to open up to see what has never been seen so to speak. I wouldn't be too quick to make it a habit to ask so many questions until you examine the answers that opened up. I think quiet and patience would be in order, not so much force. Take time and mediated more.

What about the next experiencing, experience is a series of them. You are seeing what has always been right in front of you.
Old 30-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Pathfinder
I believe you may have had your awakening over the entire year. You were slowly changing and figuring things out, talking to your possible twin flame may have helped you along the way.

I have always thought that the more you question, the more confusing things can be. Just ride it out and let it happen. That may the reason you are bouncing back and forth because the "logical" side is trying to explain things that are happening to you spiritually.