Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellabomer
I know that each one of us are equal, as we have originated from the same source.

1.) But as I am gaining spiritual knowledge and wisdom, how can I stop myself from feeling superior to others?

2.) As I am working on my own path, my ego is very loud. It makes me feel like if someone else is also doing good deeds, it somehow reduces my value. How can I focus on just myself while being appreciative of others?

equality is an attitude that is needed in a certain energy level to keep your self free from unwanted reflections you can create in that level

work with this see what works and what not for you reflection is no teacher just shows what goes on at that moment :-)

hope this helps
Old 28-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
The first lesson of wisdom is realising how little you know!
And realising how much of the Journey still lies ahead of you.

Facts that should leave you with both humility and aspiration.

I think it was Socrates who said the wisest person is the one who realises he knows nothing............... which sums up my extraordinary wisdom nicely.

Old 28-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Master
I don't like to say 'I know nothing' because that's way too easy. 'I know as much as anybody else' - that is better.

Some will know more and some less - some may appear as blithering idiots and we sometimes lose it and say to ourselves 'what an ignoramus!' but that's okay, I allow myself to think that without any guilt involved whatsoever - it's my right. lol

However, trying to compare my spirituality with another person is an exercise in futility anyway as I doubt there's a living soul upon this earth who also practices 'Necro Spirituality' and if I ever meet one of these beings, I will be so lost in wonderment and amazement, that nothing could ever possibly be said.
Old 28-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Master
Since no 2 people are on the same exact path comparing yourself to another is an exercise in futility.

As for feeling superior to others, in my humble opinion you haven't gained as much spiritual knowledge and wisdom as you think. Let go of the ego.
Old 28-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Ascender

Until you realize the true nature of spiritual growth, you will find conclusions that may make you feel superior, and this arrangement could have negative repercussions--

However, with deep sincerity; I recognize how the whole universe works together just so that I can reach the state I have-- My own spiritual growth is directly related to all growth in the universe, and I could not become illuminated without them working together in such a way as to allow me to become aware of whom we are--

Even if a sense of superiority would arise in such a condition, it could only increase the gratitude towards those beings that are the position to allow one to be-- To recognize the relationship in such a way that it is a sacred-- Everything can be transmuted into a condition that is deeply spiritual from the deepest sorrow to the highest bliss; and all elements can work together in a fashion that is higher quality in interaction--

In the higher quality state, even vices drive virtue--
Old 28-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellabomer
I know that each one of us are equal, as we have originated from the same source.

1.) But as I am gaining spiritual knowledge and wisdom, how can I stop myself from feeling superior to others?

2.) As I am working on my own path, my ego is very loud. It makes me feel like if someone else is also doing good deeds, it somehow reduces my value. How can I focus on just myself while being appreciative of others?

hellabomer,

This, IMO, is what you must realize. Your ego is attempting to appropriate and attribute it to yourself what was, in all likelihood, an act of grace. Grace, by definition, implies receiving something that is unmerited by our own actions and/or efforts. One's spiritual progress continues to be aided by acts of grace. Allowing oneself to succumb to the programs of the ego will, in the end, prove to be a hindrance to further spiritual growth.
Old 28-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
By realizing that everyone's spiritual path is different.
It is not that you are superior,
it is that your spiritual path is vastly different than others.
And go at different speeds!

and remember, a spiritual path is not a race.
God has waited millions of years for his/her children to return home....

Love it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-08-2016, 01:30 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I have one simple quote for you. He who seeks inner-wisdom enters the river of life. Those who enter this river are swept away by different currents but all end up in the same ocean.
Old 30-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsherBryan917
I have one simple quote for you. He who seeks inner-wisdom enters the river of life. Those who enter this river are swept away by different currents but all end up in the same ocean.

this is absolutely correct. No matter what your individual path is or anyone for that matter, they all lead to the same destination.