Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Hi Michael...

It makes a lot of sense to me that a person may experience "ups and downs" during their awakening process...You mention you have recently "shed much grime, clutter, dirtiness, and sludge from [yourself]"...I would imagine all this purging would cause a shock to your system/ego so it's no surprise a person would feel sadness or other low energy feelings after a lot of clearing has been done...Perhaps these "ups and downs" are part of the clearing process as your body begins to gear up for the next issues that need clearing...
Old 01-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Guide
Necro... "Listen to your dismal piano music if you need." And I'm glad we all agree that Gary Numan's great! (For something EXTRA angsty, listen to his songs on the 'Dark City' soundtrack.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Elazarus
So I feel myself getting sad again after a 2 week period of being pretty content. When this happens I'm never 100% sure what causes it, clearing out the old I assume. Is there a certain point when too much "Dark Night of the Soul" is no longer needed, and we are just in the habit of having that fall out of being balanced? Or is it necessary always?

Since March I know I have shed much grime, clutter, dirtiness, and sludge from myself. I know this has been a harsh spring/summer in general with all of the retrogrades happening, and other astrological activity. Here I am coming up on a new moon, and I feel the next wave issues coming to the surface. I literally feel like listening to some sad/happy, uplifiting/dismal piano. Best of both worlds I suppose. Is this healthy? Should I literally feel this, embrace this?

Just wondering if anyone else is feeling this way.

Yes. It seems there's always a cyclic nature to these things. (Almost like being a planet on some elongated orbit around the sun) A period of calm and contentment, followed by a darkness and a sort of purging. Though it seems the purging process can't happen all at once (hence the reoccurring episodes). Sometimes it feels there is initially just a small incision being made to allow all the grime to seep out, and then the wound widens and deepens to reveal everything that was beneath it, everything it is tied to.
And of course we accumulate this sort of etheric sludge at an alarmingly fast rate, so these purges feel necessary-- and each seems to have a different theme, a different kind of darkness, a different pain. What I've personally noticed is that, with these cycles, the period of darkness becomes lighter and shorter over time. (Though periodically I feel there will always inevitably be an extremely long and intense "dark night" seemingly out of the blue every few years or so, but this simply indicates massive upcoming growth, I feel, one which requires a destructive storm to rip everything out by the root and rearrange us piece by piece.)

It also feels that there are windows of time (as I think I've mentioned elsewhere) in which we're especially ripe for transformation or a divergence. More receptive, I suppose. Which could perhaps be experienced as a brief 'dark night' if there's any gunk we need to slough off. Like a snake shedding its skin.
Old 30-08-2016, 11:58 PM
Newbie ;)

*Raises hand* I am a regular at the Dark Night of the Soul club. Going through it now quite intensely and it feels like nothing I knew was ever true and I feel lost and cynical. My greatest joy is usually giving readings (Natural Psychic Medium) but at the moment I feel like my energy is just toxic and I don't want to spread it so I isolate myself. Was hosting meditation at a local cafe once a week and just this morning also let that go...

For me, having my beliefs challenged brings it on. Fear. Being uncomfortable with 'not knowing'. I have quite a few loved ones in spirit including a stillborn daughter who would be 26 this year if she had lived. I get regular visits from her among other compelling experiences that all point to the fact there is a greater existence than we have been conditioned to live, but still I fall in a depressed heap and forget what I previously have witnessed instead letting my brain tear me down.

Maybe it is a combination of things or maybe whatever we believe to be the purpose or reason of these dark times is the truth (even if concocted by our own consciousness to support our beliefs and perpetuate the illusion of a greater truth). I don't know. But it sure is hell while it continues.

Best of wishes to anyone who find themselves feeling this way. You are most definitely not alone