Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 13-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
The cause of existence can be found in natural laws and in living creatures in evolution.
Existence, especially as a human being, offers the best conditions to realize enlightenment, true insight into what the universe is and how it works. The 'negative' aspects like suffering are encouraging us to work towards liberation. In that sense they are entirely positive.

It is not that Buddhists do not want to come back but they see that once liberation is achieved there is no need to come back. So they work towards liberation which is striving, positive, forward looking. They do not work towards not coming back which would be resisting, negative and looking backwards.

The actual liberation itself then closes the door to coming back unless one makes a very special effort to do so.
But what of the positive aspects? They are taught to look at them as a deterrent making life nothing more than a means to liberate.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 13-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
The cause of existence can be found in natural laws and in living creatures in evolution.
Existence, especially as a human being, offers the best conditions to realize enlightenment, true insight into what the universe is and how it works. The 'negative' aspects like suffering are encouraging us to work towards liberation. In that sense they are entirely positive.

It is not that Buddhists do not want to come back but they see that once liberation is achieved there is no need to come back. So they work towards liberation which is striving, positive, forward looking. They do not work towards not coming back which would be resisting, negative and looking backwards.

The actual liberation itself then closes the door to coming back unless one makes a very special effort to do so.

Bodhisattvas choose to return to Samsara to help others achieve enlightenment..
Old 13-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Not at all.

One is stuck in the cycle of rebirth if they are still trapped in the local mind. They have no control over for instance how they are reborn.

The goal is to move beyond the local mind. Once that is achieved.. aka a high level bodhisattva one can choose ones rebirth.

Like the Buddha choose to be reborn to help others.

Existence is a gift and the fastest way to help others is to be reborn. Which is why you have beings like the Tibetans wanting to continue to be reborn to help others move forward on the path.

It is like a video game. You can just be one of the characters, you can progress along the path and create a super character or you can realize you are the game and can upgrade the game.. A Buddha is one that is beyond the game entirely.

Hope that helps.

I think this is another story or just Tibetan Buddhism teaching. Since it's Tibetan Buddhism then you should stress that it doesn't tell to all Buddhist belief.
Old 13-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Do you or you're agree with me I don't stress? Even my whole life I seldom stress that's why I disagreed with you. Liberation is another thing not connected to my suffering or not my suffering. Liberation is get rid of attachment or something not belong to me. But what I've I don't , only something I dislike or useless to me.

I think you may have an inappropriate understanding of stress/dukkha. Stress/dukkha is every mental phenomenon that is different from being relaxed, every tension that may build up internally is stress/dukkha. It is impossible for any conscious being not to experience stress/dukkha innately. Why? Because innate perception of self is stress/dukkha.
Old 13-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
I think this is another story or just Tibetan Buddhism teaching. Since it's Tibetan Buddhism then you should stress that it doesn't tell to all Buddhist belief.
you shouldn't confuse jonesboy's irrationality with tibetan buddhism because jonesboy's irrationality is very special
Old 13-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
I think you may have an inappropriate understanding of stress/dukkha. Stress/dukkha is every mental phenomenon that is different from being relaxed, every tension that may build up internally is stress/dukkha. It is impossible for any conscious being not to experience stress/dukkha innately. Why? Because innate perception of self is stress/dukkha.

But why I'm not stress innately? It's because I'm hardly to get that point for my understanding of any event can easily be solved by my wisdom. So there's not as what you said as natural possessed. So you don't tell me, under science it's true? That's not everyone or is it from Buddha Sakyamuni teaching or again from Tibetan Buddhism again. Do you and jonesboy always tell something that's not accepted by other Buddhist. So one mustn't to misleading the new learners and confuse them.
Old 13-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Suspended
Quote:
you shouldn't confuse jonesboy's irrationality with tibetan buddhism because jonesboy's irrationality is very special
Who can control rebirth? Is it Bodhisattva so is it true or how many of them ? Or how many Lama in this world? And the others followers where are they, can they? Can it be just helped by alien or Green lizard alien that was eliminated by me?
Old 13-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:

You guys are all thinking you know the answer without reading and actually knowing the answer.

I would suggest some sutras but we all know you wouldn't believe those either.

So continue with what you think, instead of what is written.

I only chimed in because the OP is new and deserved a Buddhist answer..

Now back to lizard people.
Old 13-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Master
double post
Old 13-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
You guys are all thinking you know the answer without reading and actually knowing the answer.

I would suggest some sutras but we all know you wouldn't believe those either.

So continue with what you think, instead of what is written.

I only chimed in because the OP is new and deserved a Buddhist answer..

Now back to lizard people.
Yeah it would more helpful if those who disagree with you would simply respectfully state why.
To be honest I'm mostly interested in what people think.
Buddhism and Christianity seem quite similar with respect to placing all of ones direction in life on words and scriptures even to the extent that they contradict every aspect of our being. The followers are quite similar to me as well with respect to needing to be right at the expense of another by trying to prove him wrong. My experience with Christianity taught me that that is because all faith has been put in the words to the point where they are not questioned.
It is not normal to believe that if one finds enjoyment in the pleasures of life, eating, living, fellowship, intimacy then that one is destined to return to life after death again and again until one sees the error of his ways.
Even if it was true, a human being who truly seeks understanding without intentions could not accept what is being said.
I'm not new to this, I'm just honest with myself and am hoping to gain insight from others who are likewise.

I love life and i can't understand why someone would follow a religion that they believe life is the enemy or at best a stepping stone that which must be seen as only that. It's almost selfish where in my growth it should be more about being selfless.
My words probably don't mean jack here but it feels good to express them anyhow.
Peace

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness