Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-01-2011, 09:48 AM
HalfaMan

Help me on the path

Good morning all

If you don't know me please check out some of my other threads where I have been very honest and open.

The situation is that my wife (who was a developing medium) passed away in August 09 rather suddenly and she was followed in May 2010 by my mum who also had mediumistic abilities.

I think I am a spiritual good person and of course my dearest wish is to reconnect with my wife.

From about a month after her passing I began to sit every night trying to allow the connection to come.
I light candles, say some prayers and invite her to come close.

There have been a few seemingly unexplainable happenings.
Touch on the face, weight on my hands and so on but no communication at these times.

I stopped trying so hard around October 2010.

Last night I decided to try once again, it just felt right.

I had on music with isotonic tones for the Alpha state, relaxed in her chair and said prayers and again invited her to come close to make a connection.
Once again sadly nothing.

However, I did have a not unpleasant strange feeling come over me, kind of like I was being isolated in the chair, as if that was all there was.

What are your thoughts on this feeling please?

My main problem I think is my inability to clear my mind for any time!
I try hard, bringing up a picture of the candle burning or my wifes eyes, however my mind being what it is soon finds images from the day, the TV or just worries and concerns to spoil my focus.

Is there any way to combat such distractions?

Thanks very much for any advice and guidance.

Mike
Old 08-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Master
Hi HalfaMan

Papaji said that like anything when you first start out, you pick a space of least distractions until you're skilled enough not to be disturbed by anything. Only then can you sit in the centre of a market and meditate.

I can only suggest you eliminate any distractions you can...like the tv, noise, light...the mind games are far more difficult and take practice to still the mind. You can try allowing these thoughts to flow through. Don't acknowledge them or indulge in them...simply let them move through one by one. Eventually the mind gets tired of its game and becomes still.

Good luck
Old 08-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Experiencer

As embodied persons, we are probably identified with our ego and the filter it is seeing the world through. This identification closes us within a sphere of a lower vibration (frequency) than the spiritual sphere where the disembodied spirits are.

It's like the frequency button on a radio, where we do not know how to use this button, or we are afraid to use it.
The ego says: "DO NOT EVER THINK OF USING IT!!!", because the ego is born and identified here, in this frequency.

"Using the button" means changing the level of consciousness. If you heighten it, you are able to see the false sphere of ego consciousness - and one glance is enough to make this sphere disappear. This, the ego knows...

Communicating with spirits probably means overcoming your own fear... and for myself, I'm trying to heighten my consciousness level by looking at myself.
But I think it's not recommendable to do this for some purpose - like reaching a special spirit. Let this come as a bonus.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Experiencer
Hi Mike I remember your posts in the other forum.

Actual communication (that is, words and thoughts) is the toughest part of spirit communication to master. The easiest way for those in spirit to show us they are with us is through touch. If you have felt touch and sensations, I'd say that is a great indication of early success. I would suggest to you that you work on this aspect at first, because this will give you a feeling of progression and some of the comfort you seek, as well as bring you closer to being able to communicate more deeply.

When I first began trying to communicate with my guides the only way I knew they were with me was from feeling their energy with me. I remember asking one of them early on to give me a hug, and I felt the energy "wrap around" me - I was delighted. I would suggest similar exercises for you. For example, instead of inviting your wife to speak to you (I'm sure she is trying to do so all the time!), when you sit down to meditate and ask her to come to you, try asking her to touch your face, or your hand, or put her arms around you, and see what sensations come to you. If you practice you will learn to feel energy more powerfully, and once you are sure of feeling it, this can actually be put to excellent communicative use! You can ask yes/no questions and have a touch on the left signify yes and on the right signify no, for example. Realising you are actually having a conversation (even if you can only understand negative and affirmative answers) is wonderful. Once you have reached this point, you can then begin trying telepathy exercises. For example, ask her to send you a word or an image of an object, and try to guess what it is, then ask if you were correct. When you have mastered words, move to phrases. Keep practicing this and you eventually reach the point where you are having conversations.

If you are comfortable doing so, I would suggest asking your guide to help you with these things. I know that your motivation for this practice is your wife, but our guides are our teachers and establishing that teacher relationship with them is important for a medium. They are far more experienced spirits than our loved ones on the other side, and they will help you tremendously in overcoming difficulties and making progress, as well as showing you what you need to move forward in a more personal way than other human beings ever can.

Be aware that negative emotions such as grief or anger are the biggest obstacle to mediumship because the more positive our emotion, the closer we are to spirit. I know it's hard, but you will need to work on releasing some of the grief you feel if your connection is to grow. I hope this practice will help you do that.

I wish you the best of luck.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:02 AM
HalfaMan

Wow such a lot of positive helpful messages so fast, thanks all of you.

@ NightSpirit

Just to clarify, I don't have the TV on at the time or anything other than the music very soft and a candle.
The images and sounds come to my mind, I am blessed/cursed with a visual memory, such that once I still my mind from the work of the day, it instantly starts reviewing things from earlier on.
So while I started with a almost perfect image of the burning candle, very soon my mind was exploring ways of helping Captain Pickard beat the Borg (star Trek)
I then have to force this train of thought away.
Then after a sort time my mind will then find its way to thinking about sorting out the outside tap, in fact anything other than be still!

I have always been like this, my wife when she was hear was the only one who could still my mind, she would hold me and use her lovely voice to take me on a guided meditation where only the images she suggested came to me.
It was bliss and I so miss the calm she brought me :-(

@ Perry J

I am well versed in radio and electronics so I can see the point you make well.
Yes fear is an issue for me.
Maybe for three weeks after my wife passed there was such a presence here, noises a feeling of being watched, very strong indeed.
And stupid me felt fear and uneasiness.
Until I had a medium come here and brought from my wife that I need have no fear as it was only her that I felt.
Of course by then it was too late.
Quite why she can't have that power of energy now I do not know.
My fear has all but gone.

@ Westleigh

Yes my guide must feel left out with my constant dismissal of all but my wife.
I feel my head sending out a beacon pulse all the time seeking her and calling her.
Is there a way to know my guide, can any mediums here tell me who it is, knowing them would help me seek them.

I hear all your good advice :-) and yes I know my own low levels and heartbreak are a very big obstacle.
But its a catch 22 if only I could get some solid connection for myself much of my pain would flow away!

Thanks again all

Mike
Old 08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
themaster

Hello, Mike.. again..

For clearing your mind, I have a excellent solution.. have a look at my teachers webinars which are free.. http://masteringalchemy.com specifically there is a excersize called "center of the head" which focus's on the pineal.. and higher mind might be helpful too..

It will help you make the "ego" or "analyzer" somewhat quiet and allow you focus.. (understand that the "EGO" doesn't really hear.. I think it's the spiritual body that does)

I wouldn't dismiss any weirdness you get in communication.. because imagine it like this.. you here in this physical reality have a lot of layers, filters and beliefs to play here..

You might imagine it like a bag over your head.. but to get a message from the other side they have to kind of "breakthrough" those barriers..

I might also suggest instead of "meduimship" you try using divination which is simpler.. I have recently after years of doing divination gotten better at it lately which is sweet..
Old 08-01-2011, 10:08 PM
HalfaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
Hello, Mike.. again..

For clearing your mind, I have a excellent solution.. have a look at my teachers webinars which are free.. http://masteringalchemy.com specifically there is a excersize called "center of the head" which focus's on the pineal.. and higher mind might be helpful too..

It will help you make the "ego" or "analyzer" somewhat quiet and allow you focus.. (understand that the "EGO" doesn't really hear.. I think it's the spiritual body that does)

I wouldn't dismiss any weirdness you get in communication.. because imagine it like this.. you here in this physical reality have a lot of layers, filters and beliefs to play here..

You might imagine it like a bag over your head.. but to get a message from the other side they have to kind of "breakthrough" those barriers..

I might also suggest instead of "meduimship" you try using divination which is simpler.. I have recently after years of doing divination gotten better at it lately which is sweet..

Thanks, am checking that out right now :-)
Old 08-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Master
I'm glad that you felt her presence early on (face being touched, weight on hands), I was grateful that my son would touch my hair a lot and felt that was enough just knowing he could be around if he wanted. My thoughts go towards encouraging him to go and do and enjoy his life beyond his earthly one. It is enough for me to sense his presence and/or to have memories.

I know what some others on the forum would say and I'm thinking I'm beginning to agree with them >>> that we ARE all one, and that your wife IS now a part of you. Not just memories...I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but maybe good thoughts and beliefs are really all that matters? I can sense/feel that my grandmother and my uncle and my aunt laura and my mom, etc. are a part of me now and that's a very good strong thought and attitude to have to move forward in life with. I hope my ramblings were worth something to you.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:43 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfaMan
Thanks, am checking that out right now :-)
Actually, let me also offer you this url.. (which doesn't need a login) http://www.masteringalchemy.com/eenergytools.html

Which is direct to "energy tools" that are considered essential..

Also I authored this wiki page on the subject too.. though the words are from my teachers book
http://wiki.kilbournefamily.com/inde...r_of_Your_Head
Old 08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
HalfaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
Actually, let me also offer you this url.. (which doesn't need a login) http://www.masteringalchemy.com/eenergytools.html

Which is direct to "energy tools" that are considered essential..

Also I authored this wiki page on the subject too.. though the words are from my teachers book
http://wiki.kilbournefamily.com/inde...r_of_Your_Head

Thanks, I could not find it before :-)

@ SilverGirl. of course your words have meaning for me :-)