Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 03:39 PM
AL

Is Jesus Christ?

Why is it called CHRISTianity and not JESUSanity?
Jesus seems far more popular after all.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Mart

Yeh,and why do people not call their children Jesus in this country but they do call them Christian?
Old 09-03-2006, 12:59 AM
Space_Man

[color=#000000]Uh

Last edited by Space_Man : 09-03-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:34 AM
DASA

Christianity

[quote=Space_Man] Christianity is a belief system that
Old 10-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Monkey

Well said Spacey.

Its interesting though that fundamentalist Christians have focussed on the Jesus to such a degree that they have lost touch with the Christos. It is the Cross that they are meant to follow, the way, the truth and the life and Jesus is our guide through that experience. Perhaps, fundamentalists should called themselves Jesusians and leave Christianity to those who follow the Cross.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Mart

Hi Space man,

Uh…are we supposed to be taking this topic seriously, or is this for snorts & giggles?

I was genuinely asking why in this country people call children Christian but not Jesus, it had been something i had been thinking about an hour before i saw al's new thread. If you found me to be not serious enough for your taste then I am sorry. I am sorry that I pulled you up for suggesting that Jesus Son should seek psychiatric help a few weeks ago, was that serious or was that for snorts and giggles? I was unsure why you would make such a suggestion as either way it did not radiate comfort and joy to someone who was claiming to have been visited by Jesus and Mary.

Anyway, i hope that you find the right choices to all the questions you keep asking. No hard feelings.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Mart

Hi again Space Man,

I want to clarify something because i do not feel that my reply to you yesterday was entirely fair.

There is part of me that has found your some of your comments to be judgemental and irritating. There is however a bigger part of me that has found you to be extremely interesting, warm and caring. Your threads are always very enjoyable to participate in and are normally the most responded to in the forum.

I am sorry that i responded to you in the way i did yesterday, it was a knee jerk reaction and was not right in that it expressed my annoyance at one thing without balancing that out with my admiration for a lot of other things I have read by you on the website.

Sorry.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:20 PM
silver swan

I would like to take this opportunity to agree with Mart. I too have taken some of Spacemans comments to be confrontational but also interesting. (I am referring to the ones in my space.
Old 13-03-2006, 03:57 PM
AL

While Jesus sounds like more of a person of the world, with the baggage of past karmic accounts.
Christ seems to be more of a pure angelic type of figure, possibly existing beyond. If Christ is beyond, then we have the combination of the Jesus (worldly) Christ (astral/ subtle world) and the supreme being (from the incorporeal region). All 3 working together would be a powerful combination. The word trinity comes to mind.(3)
It still does not rule out the possibility of the pure Christ soul taking birth after the Crucifixion and establishing the religion we know as CHRISTianity, as a new pure soul who has no past accounts in a body as such.
The more powerful duo take off just before the Crucifixion as they don't have karmic accounts to settle and so leave Jesus to settle the accounts of whatever kind.
Satan may also be dealt with in the process of all this.
Just some churning from my head.
Some souls may have had a specific religion imposed upon them from birth, no doubt depending what culture/family they are brought up in. I think they have the right to question that religion/beliefs. They may even need to let off some steam. I was fortunate enough not to have had too much of this . I am not searching,I have found, let others search and find, and also let go of the past if they need to.
Peace & Harmony Al*

Last edited by AL : 20-11-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 13-03-2006, 04:30 PM
DASA

Karmic Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL
While Jesus sounds like more of worldly person,with the baggage of past karmic accounts.

Not that I'm what most people would call a 'Christian' by any stretch of the word, but how did you come to the conclusion that Jesus sounds like a wordly person? He sounds anything but wordly to me. I don't think you could really classify his suffering as karmic baggage? Also are not both Jesus and Christ commonly used as names of the same person? I'm a bit lost on this one ...
Closed Thread