Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2006, 08:47 PM
angelus

Dont be fooled on what u read, how could judas betray a man he had followed for many years, after having seen his miracles, he may have been one of the stronger of the apostles for agreeing to do this for christ, he also was killed to hide many truths & did not kill himself, as for St Peter, he had to deny christ for he had to spread the word of the Lord, he couldnt do that if he were dead!!!!
Old 26-08-2006, 05:58 AM
Indigo Rose

I think Judas betrayed the Lord out of greed. This was a sinful act. Given that Jesus had to be betrayed, I believe God knew Judas would chose to do it...because God knows the thoughts and heart of everyone. However, I believe Judas felt remorse and repented. I believe the gospel bearing his name is false doctrine penned by followers of the Cainite religion; which are not truly believers in Jesus the Christ.
Old 27-08-2006, 12:15 PM
psychic sue

Hi Indigo - are you the same Indigo from Aeclectic? Nice to see you here!
Old 30-08-2006, 05:53 AM
Indigo Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychic sue
Hi Indigo - are you the same Indigo from Aeclectic? Nice to see you here!

Hi Sue...yes, it's me.

I am not here as often as AT, but found this spot when looking for a place with the Spirituality as the focus. I said Hi to you in my first post here, but I think it got lost in the sea of posts.

Good to see you here too, Sue.

Peace and Blessings,
Indigo Rose
Old 30-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychic sue
I was reading a really interesting article the other day. The author (sorry can't remember the name) was basically saying that Judas wasn't such a bad guy after all. It was Jesus' fate to die on the cross - and Judas was just part of God's plan to fullfil Jesus' fate.
I was thinking about this - Peter denied Christ three times, yet he didn't seem to get the bad press that Judas did! Was this simply because money was involved in the case of Judas?

The Judas episode is certainly very interesting, we know from the gospels that Jesus was on to him all along ("I chose you all,and one of you is a devil" he said to his disciples), and he was money-mad, yet Jesus even allowed him to be in charge of the groups money-bag!
After betraying Jesus, he panicked and threw the thirty pieces of silver back at the priests, then went off and hung himself.
Maybe that remorse will make God cut him some slack on Judgment Day, we just don't know.

As for Peter denying Christ, he repented afterwards, and anyway its not as serious as leading the soldiers to arrest Jesus like Judas did..
Old 31-08-2006, 01:29 PM
victoriaplum

I always felt sorry for Judas. Imagine spending all of eternity with that hanging over you!!! Even if the poor guy was forgiven, he'd still have a barrage of questions from everyone who meets him on the next spiritual plane!!!! :)
Old 03-09-2006, 04:29 PM
psychic sue

That's the whole Christian message though isn't it? Repent and you shall be forgiven? So why is Judas not allowed this luxury? It's a dichotemy for me. He must have been truly sorry for what he did, or he would have just enjoyed his new found wealth and not hung himself.

In my opinion, denying Christ is just as serious as handing him over to the soldier's. To deny you know someone to save your own skin - when that person has been such a huge influence on your life - I think that's pretty low.
Closed Thread