Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Master
What Does The Word 'IT' Mean To You?

The word 'IT' is a very commonly used word in our language, but what does it actually mean to us? I usually hear it on the radio when some pop band are singing about; "Lets do It" or He/She is It" or "I'm It", "You are It" etc.
To me the word 'IT' implies something ultimate. People often say that the answer to the question "What is It?" is its your own self, its you or I.
God knows what the term "Doing It" means, or "Lets do It" etc. thats slang of some sort.
But I know that in my head I think the word 'It' very often; i.e. "Thats It!" or "Thats not It!" and so on. My head is a bit "IT" mad.
I think ultimately there is more to the subject than it being just me; I don't want to be vain and think 'I'm It', I want it to be more. It reminds me of Snow White where the wicked witch thought she was 'It', but when the mirror on the wall said in fact it was Snow White, who was innocent and pure, the witch went into a fury and decided to kill her. I don't want to turn into someone like the Witch because I think I'm 'It'.
So the question remains who or what is 'IT'?
Because it implies the ultimate I think the answer to the question is that it has to be God. GOD IS IT! There can be nothing greater than God so he is the ultimate so he is 'IT'.
What do you think?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 26-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Glorymist

Nice touch, Honza. Many people - - myself included - - believe that the "true" God or Creator or Fountainhead is not necessarily a "he" or a "she" - - tho that viewpoint is widely held by others. I can't blame them - - and they aren't necessarily "wrong." People can relate to an aspect or viewpoint of God if "IT" is the same sex as they are - - or that they are familiar with.

But - - since "it" is a rather vague and neutral word - - people can use "it" to refer to most anything and everything they wish. Nothing wrong with that either.

"IT" - - is what you make it out to be. A nice catch-all word.

I use IT a lot to convey a reference to God. When necessary. It works.

:->
Old 26-09-2006, 05:17 PM
e-ma

Perhaps unrelated, or useless trivia, but there are loads of these type of particle words in Japanese, merely used to signify a thing, any thing, or perhaps a thing next to a thing..

Uh, as for 'it', I usually think that it's referring to a noun. (that was a very un-spiritual answer)
Old 26-09-2006, 05:22 PM
e-ma

Stephen King's IT definitely wasn't God.

Old 26-09-2006, 08:34 PM
dreamer

Maybe everything is it, or at least can be it even if it sometimes isn't. Also if everything is it, it negates any big headedness doesn't it, if you see yourself as it but everything else as not it thats where big headedness occurs, but if everything is equally it then there nothing more or less so being bigheaded would makew no sense, it would be like looking at your reflection in the mirror and thinking, i'm better than you when in fact it is an aspect of yourself?, Great thread honza, food for thought, i like it.
Old 26-09-2006, 08:54 PM
mikron

Thanks for sharing Honza Very Interesting subject and if you see the world as a mirror the word "It" relates to the word "Is" and that focus can be expressed on a higher path of ascension level called the "worship of isness"

Namaste mikron
Old 26-09-2006, 08:58 PM
dreamer

Hey Mikron great post, thats it, it is, isn't it?
Old 26-09-2006, 09:24 PM
mikron

Your welcome dreamer the aspect of the ageless wisdom and the spiritual path! "Worship of (IS)NESS" and yes "it Is" is the cosmic corridor reflection of the stars

mikron
Closed Thread