Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Knower

Do you think it's wrong to pray for death?

I've been praying for it lately. My friend told me after I said this that people in their twenties now could live well into their nineties and that seriously depressed me. Do you think prayers of this nature would be answered?
Old 25-07-2014, 10:41 PM
saxonaxe

That's a difficult question to answer without knowing your reasons for such thoughts. For anyone to say, yes it's wrong, without that knowledge, I imagine would only be the response of someone with a religious belief that wishing for death was always wrong, under any circumstances.

My answer without knowing your circumstances, and even if I did I'm not qualified to advise, would be to say that at the darkest of times there is always another way of solving a problem..If indeed it's a problem that gives rise to your prayers for death.
Old 26-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Master

I could see praying for death if one were in ill health and there was little or no hope for recovery .
Old 26-07-2014, 04:42 AM
L lawliett

Praying for death is not that rare. People who are old and on deathbed pray for,death. people belong to different communities sometimes chant the mantras of god of death. But that doesnt necessary mean you want death. Amd there is mahamrutyanjay mantra which postpones a sudden accidental deaths.
And as for me wishing for death is not a good thing. Live a good life and at 90 you pray for death..
Old 26-07-2014, 05:10 AM
yumi14

This confuses me as well.

I suppose from a religious viewpoint it could be considered wrong.

On the other hand, if you watch videos on people such as Robert Schwartz, he in particular speaks about us having soul plans.

He also goes as far as saying if a soul determines that their current life incarnation is a failure , that it is not uncommon for that soul to want to end this life contract and begin again.

Robert Schwartz in no way or form ,, to the extent to which I have watched his videos has ever indicated that suicide is a way out. But, he does indicate that the soul can somehow make it known to their guides that they want out. This is of course is only if there is complete failure in this lifetime and zero chance of anything getting better.

I am admittedly in this category. I feel like I have failed miserably and I see zero chance of making any kind of a rebound. The thought of going on much longer is agony to me.

But, I do now see that suicide is not the answer, well, because it would hurt everyone. I've sadly placed them under that pain before. Sometimes I worry I may end up in that place again and I'm trying very hard to resist it.

Robert Schwartz does not go into any details on how to go about asking the guides to release the soul. So, this is where I am lost.

Then, there is also the theory out there, that suicide can actually be in one's soul plan. I know this topic has been covered here before. Its a bit of a scary thing to ponder, and I advise anyone to rethink this if they are out there struggling with this issue. I personally can't see how it can benefit a soul's evolution to make the pre-birth plan of suiciding, especially when we live in an age that it considers this as taboo. Perhaps this soul plan is for the whole soul families benefit for further evolution and growth, but wow....its a hard theory to ponder. There's so many ramifications to it.

Anyway, I understand completely where you are coming from. I pray that you find your way and that there will be peace in your life.

Hugs
Old 26-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Master

And your username is 'Beautiful Soul'....

I'm sorry if you feel depressed. Life can be very difficult at times, but should it be easy?! We wouldn't learn much if it was.

In the grand scheme of things maybe this difficult time will help you find empathy and compassion, and to connect with your mission and purpose in life.

Live long - and do good along the way ...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Deactivated Account

I don't think it's wrong. I'd just say be careful what you wish for..
Old 26-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Master

I would say as long as one is in good health , ask for help in dealing with what else is wrong/ causing problems.
Old 26-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Administrator
Beautiful Soul,

For people who are really depressed ill or feel that life is not worth living

that praying for death, would come into their thoughts, I would ask why you are praying for death?.what has happened that makes you dislike living so much,
I would urge you to go and see you doctor.and ask to refer you for councelling. this could change you outlook on life. I feel there is a beautiful soul here as your name says,but you have got a little bit lost.

Namaste
Old 27-07-2014, 05:35 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Soul
I've been praying for it lately. My friend told me after I said this that people in their twenties now could live well into their nineties and that seriously depressed me. Do you think prayers of this nature would be answered?

Wow. Living till your 90? I would hope that's false. Living that long has never been appealing to me. It depends on your reasoning on whether it's right or wrong. Some people (no matter the age) just outgrow being here. I know I'm one of them, and have wished before. But I'm continuing on making an impact for the better for people and at the end of the day, if death comes knocking, I won't try to resist. I just feel like the higher realm is much more fascinating to me. And ever since discovering it, I've lost any interest of being here. Like I feel things would be more fulfilling as a spirit guide.