Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 09-03-2015, 12:50 AM
pjt_ldn

Opening your Third Eye

I wonder if anyone can elaborate a bit on how it feels when the Third Eye Chakra is opening?
I was meditating on it, and for the second time felt as if I can see...or actually was seeing - with my eyes closed. However, again, it lasted only for a short period.
I hope you can share your thoughts.
Thank you.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Wunjo

I was actually working on this last night while I was out driving. For me the feeling was as though I was opening an eye that hasn't been completely open for a while, in that I could feel the coldness of the night upon my eye as it was open. I wish I had more information to give you, but I'm yet limited myself, I don't usually direct my third eye to open, allowing it to just see as it does.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:01 PM
anotherindigo

Third eye chakra or third-eye-i-can-see-the-invisible? I guess it comes with time, I don't know
Old 09-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Master
it is my understanding that when your third eye is opened you experience visions, many kinds, in your minds eye, with eyes opened or closed. Also, you may feel a coolness behind forehead, though some people say the opposite... heat. It is a kind of cold for me but in a very soothing way, it resonates like waves and produces a shivering sensation within the head like the feeling you would get if someone ran a finger down your bare back...if that makes sense.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:58 PM
pjt_ldn

Thank you SKygazer for sharing your experience. I wonder if anyone else would like to share their insight.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:08 PM
anotherindigo

Just realized you want to know how it feels not how to open, Skydazer got it pretty much on point, some water-dripping sensation wave-like (only thing I can compare it with) but I guess everyone got his own symptoms but I can tell you you'll know it then
Old 12-03-2015, 01:47 AM
joyforlife

Im wondering what excercises work best?
Old 12-03-2015, 02:43 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Im wondering what excercises work best?

Tratak - focus on a bright light like a candle flame..
Old 12-03-2015, 03:37 AM
Experiencer
Hi pjt_ldn,

I can only speak for myself, so it may be different from you. When your 3rd eye opens up for the first time it's an amazing experience! It's like you are seeing without your eye. This is what happened to me many years ago: After being in a meditative state for a while, and all I saw was just black. Suddenly, a small round hole opened up in the darkness. And I could see things moving around inside that hole. It didn't last long, and then the hole closed again. So you may experience something similar in the beginning.

There are 2 things I would like to mention that may help you, First off, you need learn to stop thinking that you need to use your eyes to see through the 3rd eye. Even though your eyes are closed it's natural to try to looking through your eyes anyway. It takes some practice to stop looking with your eyes. You are instead seeing with your mind. One little exercise to learn this is to chance your focus. First, with your eyes closed image that you are looking at an object in front of you. That feels normal. Now the challenge is to slowly move your imaginary object closer and closer to yourself and as you do that your focus will follow the object. And then move the imaginary object to slowly go through your head and inside of your head. Your focus should follow too, and not just thinking where the object is. This is where you may start thinking that this is not possible - but it is. If you manage that, then you have also managed to activate your mind's focus. The second recommendation I would like to give you that can help to keep your inner vision open, is to not think about what you see until the vision is over. If you start thinking about what you see, then you become conscious and your 3rd eye will close up again.

I know this was little short and there is much more to say about this, but I hope it makes a sense anyway (it's all from my own self-learning that I discovered these things).

Boson
Old 12-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Knower

All my problems started after meditating and opening my 3rd eye. You become really sensitive to spirit activity and I am finding it very difficult to sleep.