Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-2012, 06:04 AM
Master
Hi everyone. I am back after a long absence of discovering my OWN beliefs and digging deeper into the ideologies in the world.

First off. A response to above.

The only Begotten Son of God is not the Christ Consciousness. If you actually read the Bible and did away with Yogananda's interpretation like I did (because I used to have faith in Yogananda), you will realize the "context" of that verse.

Yes the Bible says we are all "gods" and sons of God. But the Bible clearly states Jesus as the only "BEGOTTEN" Son of God or the Firstborn Son of God. Begotten? This refers to Jesus' incarnation and direct conception by God through the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the only son or "soul" directly projected into matter by God's will alone in the womb of an immaculately conceived Mother. Jesus is both born of God's will, and born of a pure vessel without "sin" or error, Mary- thus the only begotten son.

Later at the Baptism 30 years later, Jesus receives the "fullness" of the Holy Ghost as the Spirit descends upon him and is anointed or "Christened" by John the Baptist. Jesus full of the Holy Spirit? Holy Ghost is referred to as the Spirit of Truth, the Comforter, and the Presence of God within. The Holy Spirit is what some now call the Christ Consciousness or Christ Energy. Jesus was born with that inner consciousness because of his immaculate conception and the ego-less ability to grasp oneness with God and Jesus became that spirit or consciousness at his baptism.

The only time the Bible has ANY reference to a "Cosmic" or "Universal Christ" in the way Yogananda talks about is in John's opening Gospel. The Word or Logos is the "divine wisdom" or "divine mind" Thus John's Gospel opens with in the beginning was The Christ and the Christ was with God and the Christ was God. And that Christ became flesh or a "man" and dwelt among us. This is a SIGNIFICANT event that does NOT always happen cyclically as Yogananda is explaining. The Christ is seen in John's Gospel as a Universal creative power or God's Mind which purposely creates everything and does everything in accordance to the will of God. It is "God the Son or Logos" which patterns everything after God the Father's intentions. So if the Christ is seen as the Logos in John's Gospel, the Maker of all things, and the Spirit in the Old Testament which guides the Jewish People then it is safe to assume that Jesus' incarnation is one of a kind because the Jewish Authorities thought the prophets were foreseeing the messiah as a king and prophet with the Holy Spirit who would rule the world. Instead the Messiah was "God incarnate"- the Universal Christ who pitched his tent and dwelling the womb of Mary as the soul of Jesus. God as the Christ Spirit humbled Itself in the form of Man, and a Man was divinized to the stature of God- that is what we see in Jesus. And that is why so many people were angry with him and are still jealous of him. Because everyone wants to be God.

The Bible does not talk about "going back to God" as if matter and the physical earth were an evil place to be. If anything Jesus talks about the purpose of life is to fulfill righteousness.- to do the right thing. He never talks about the deification of the human race as the Yogis speak of. He says we are already gods or immortal spirits in human form. We are to be gods in Heaven. And when the Book of Revelation says- "I shall make thee a pillar in the Temple of God and you shall go out no more". Thus we have never fallen from God. This idea should be thrown out the window. We don't "invoke God and his angels". God is already with us and so are the angels. We have not fallen, we have forgotten through our earthly sojourn and create disharmony or discord between us and God. Thus we regress and have to come back as many times as we think we need to get it right. Jesus' incarnation was for the souls who keep coming back to find a way out of regression or rebirth. Jesus shows this by being obedient to the will of God and in doing so Jesus was harmonious with all creation, mankind, and God. And Jesus never lost anything, not even in death. All was given to him even in the painful trial of crucifixion did not delude his consciousness from God.

So when I hear that Jesus was merely some vessel or historical dude who possessed some higher consciousness I sorta rip the hairs out of my head. I go along with C.S. Lewis. To say he is a moral or spiritual teacher is wrong. Whether you believe Jesus never existed and was nobody or he really was who he said he was, The Messiah or Christ. There can be no in between. Why? Because a man who claimed to represent God on earth has too much at stake. The only options are- he was a crazy lunatic obsessed with self-proclaimed godhood, or he never existed, or he truly was The Son of God.