Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Sangress

Past Life Consciousness

Firstly I'll say that I've walked back/regressing through most of my past lives in human bodies during meditation and trance and also with some spirit friends.

I've found something odd since I've begun doing this past life regression.

I can honestly say that I have two consciousnesses.

One consciousness who is generally the culmination of who I have become in this life alone and a second consciousness that is the culmination of all of my past lives, except for this life.

The way I've come to understand this is gradual, but I'll give you an example of an experience I've had a few times that coincides with it.

I was in the car, a passenger, early in the morning.

Now, I am not a morning, or even a daylight person, so I was basically half awake and my mind was in a sleepy fog.

My mind started to wander vaguely over past lives, over the people who I still miss and love and hate (who are all long dead and decayed) and the places I've been and how I would love to visit those places again, how I would love to go back home . . .etc

Then I looked around the interior of the car and I was suddenly really disgusted by it.

"Why do these creatures allow humans to enslave them and control them?" I thought.

Then I instantly remembered that they are cars, not creatures, and that they were never truly alive or slaves of any kind.

I could call this past-live consciousness my higher self, or maybe my subconscious even.

I think that perhaps I need to merge these two sides of me, the past and the present, but I'm unsure of how to do it.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 03-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Felynx

From experience, Id say youre having trouble adjusting to losing all of your memories when you were reborn, and you might be getting your memories back. This time is confusing and harsh. Your memories are colliding with your present ones from this life, and youre confusing yourself with your old perspective. You as you are now, are used to things like cars, when before youd think they were silly if you randomly came across one. My memories arent actually flash memories but more of an understanding of what has happened, an acurate image I created in my own mind to picture these. Technically it would be your higher self/subconcious but just remember, your subconcious is only your conciousness on a sub level, where everything is stored and kept over time, with practice you can access this and understand more.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:56 AM
Sangress

My memories have always surfaced as flashbacks. They were originally from this lifetime, but then they kept going further back as I grew older.

I've been regaining my memories since my awakening, at age 12.

Before then I was only partially aware of all that was happening spiritually.

I think that I probably need to adjust my "old" way of thinking to my present mindset, as well as accepting all that has happened in the past too and integrating that knowledge into daily life, rather than just having it crop up when I am half-asleep, in trance or meditation or through dreams.

I think this co-consciousness might mean that I'm ready to make conscious use of what my subconscious/past life memeory can offer me.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Felynx

Well, remember that your past and present mindset need to intergrated accordingly, and not just into your present one while using the knowledge of your past. Understanding this ****** present world from your past viewpoint is a great way to put things into perspective.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Sangress

Heh. My past viewpoint of the present world is strange.

Mostly full of disgust and irritation at the state of this place and how it's been overrun by a race who generally hold no respect for nature and keeping the world balanced.

And then there's a tinge of awe and new opportunities overshadowing it all.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Elizebeth_Leon

Sangress, I have to say I was rather excited to read your post. I have also experienced this type of co-consciousness. I experience it on a daily level, however. It seems that my present life consciousness is intertwined with that of my accumulated past lives. They all appear as one conscious being that has retained the knowledge and memories of my past lives. I am unable to remember most of these past lives except for the first. Have you experienced this co-consciousness?
Old 21-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Have you experienced this co-consciousness?

At times yes.

I find that the way I remember past lives changes regularly. Sometimes they will be right there for me to analyze, and at other times I need to go into an altered state of consciousness to get to them, and at other times the recall of the lives themselves switches from my past life consciousness to my present consciousness and vice versa.

I still find that waiting for the flashbacks to happen is the easiest way to remember past life experiences.

It's all very odd, but interesting nonetheless.
Old 21-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
At times yes.

I find that the way I remember past lives changes regularly. Sometimes they will be right there for me to analyze, and at other times I need to go into an altered state of consciousness to get to them, and at other times the recall of the lives themselves switches from my past life consciousness to my present consciousness and vice versa.

I still find that waiting for the flashbacks to happen is the easiest way to remember past life experiences.

It's all very odd, but interesting nonetheless.

Very interesting post. My spiritual teacher (Wifes spirit guide) has told me many, many times to meditate to get the answers that I seek in regards to my one past life. Yes I've only had one previous human experience but as I've been told have had many other experiences in other realities. I'm a new soul as I've only had one other physical existence but I am a very old spirit. Thanks for sharing
Old 21-02-2011, 08:53 PM
star-child

Quote:
Then I looked around the interior of the car and I was suddenly really disgusted by it.
I resonate a lot with that statement. I feel this is my first life on earth and often I will look down at my body in disgust, not in an insecure way but I just really dislike it and almost feel confused by the human form.
Old 26-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
I resonate a lot with that statement. I feel this is my first life on earth and often I will look down at my body in disgust, not in an insecure way but I just really dislike it and almost feel confused by the human form.

I'm sure if this is your first incarnation, the human body can be like draging around a bag of bones. Since you are here it seems resonable to assume that there is a reason. One does not incarnate on earth without intent. It is your choice and now it is up to you to determine why. It is odd that we don't or can't know why in the begining of our existence but we are born with a sort of spiritual amnesia.

My wife who is on her first life experience, often asks the question "why is this life so difficult?" She however has the ability to channel spiritual entities and most especially her spirit guide.

Getting in touch with your spirit guide is imperative in my perspective. That will help to have a better understanding of who you are and why you decided to be here in the first place. It isn't an easy thing as many will believe you to be a bit off center.

You might want to check my wife's web site as she has much channelled information and lessons to help you understand more about this reality and the thing called human existence.
http://dragonofdrama.com/archives
This is the page with past lessons, you may want to check out the whole thing.
Light and Love