Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you think the translators/prophets etc: wrongfully interpretated messages why
did the ' All knowing God ' bother giving them messages because he would have known they would interpret them wrongly ?
Well, He can try can't He?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2019, 02:19 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edithaint
An anthropomorphization of a cosmic force, assigning meanings and morals to an entity beyond our understanding ...
I do not think this is mentioned enough.

(However...we are able to know and understand this 'Cosmic Force'...in fact, in a mind blowing moment,
this fact changed the direction of my focus yrs ago...when in Jeremiah 9 I read...
but he who does boast, let him
boast of this, that he knows and understands me, so saith the Lord....I was all, 'Huh? What? We CAN
know and understand You? Shazam....and off I went...) So far so good!!!
Take the limiting belief away and a door opens.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
That's defeatist, can't we manoeuvre things a bit.

If it's any consolation, you may try.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
If it's any consolation, you may try.

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake - Meister Eckhart

I like quotes too, I've got loads of them

Have you got anymore favourite quotes?
Old 12-06-2019, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
humans change because they learn and grow. we are imperfect beings, we were created. we came in NOT knowing ANYTHING. Jehovah God, (Exo. 6:3),was NEVER CREATED ,(Isa.44:6 Thus said the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God).

he is an ALL KNOWING God, (Luke 12:7 “Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows”). see (1John 3:20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things).

he does NOT need to Learn and Grow. and he doesn't need to change ,(Mal. 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore you sons of Jacob are not consumed).

This ought to be evident. But because people aren't actual and true believers, and are grounded in this temporary material world, they don't understand eternity; the greater situation, and truth.
Didn't Buddha also, who appeared several hundred years before Christ, attend to this?
He did.

Eternity is the greater reality and truth.

I've brought up also, the definition of, "Gestalt".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
This ought to be evident. But because people aren't actual and true believers, and are grounded in this temporary material world, they don't understand eternity; the greater situation, and truth.
Didn't Buddha also, who appeared several hundred years before Christ, attend to this?
He did.

Eternity is the greater reality and truth.

I've brought up also, the definition of, "Gestalt".

What did Buddha say Morph?
Old 12-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Master
Well, this is the Christian forum, sky.
And in the day of the internet, feel free to look it up yourself.
Buddha appeared several hundred years before Christ. The last illustration and revelation by God Almighty is the greater and truer, sky.

The Almighty Himself to us, not merely the testimonial of a witness and servant.
One might look at Mara, the devil in Buddhism, and see what he represents.

But, Gautama did say,
"The real sky, is knowing that samsara...is merely an illusory display."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-06-2019, 12:50 AM
ketzer

I find that it is much easier to be a student of Jesus's teachings then it is to be a Christian. The things Jesus taught seem to convey common themes for the most part, at least the majority of it. Of course not everything attributed to Jesus would necessarily be so. Not claiming to be a Christian, I can discard the idea that the Bible is the word of God, and find wisdom in it where and when I can. While there is some wisdom in the old testament, I find the God portrayed there mostly incompatible with Jesus's teachings. The old testament god seems to be more of a heavenly king and warlord of Israel.
Old 13-06-2019, 07:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well, this is the Christian forum, sky.
And in the day of the internet, feel free to look it up yourself.
Buddha appeared several hundred years before Christ. The last illustration and revelation by God Almighty is the greater and truer, sky.

The Almighty Himself to us, not merely the testimonial of a witness and servant.
One might look at Mara, the devil in Buddhism, and see what he represents.

But, Gautama did say,
"The real sky, is knowing that samsara...is merely an illusory display."

You mentioned Buddha Morph.... not me
Yes I do know about Mara and Mara is definitely not a fallen angel.... in Buddhism.
Old 13-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Deactivated Account

The key here in understanding God's nature is "Grace". A fallen man redeemed not by his own efforts but by the Creators Love.

Man in the beginning was Divine because the Creator put something of Himself in him and so man was a co-creator. As God was Absolute, Man was Absolute in beingness as well.

Now, when man sought to know duality, this meant stepping down from absoluteness, and rather than experiencing things as absolute, he experienced duality. You cannot have Absolute - Consciousness and Duality - Consciousness, only one can stay. It's either you are in Samadhi or have a scattered mind.

Now, from the time man fell, he tried to regain the Absolute nature that he lost with his own effort; well, those of mankind who felt he was "missing something." This meant all sorts of religions, belief systems, mystic practices, sciences and fields of study, so on and so forth to "fill that missing space." The ladder of ascent begins, man relearning that he is indeed a god; a co Creator, but these teachings and doctrines originating from a dual being end up being dual.

Now, how does an Absolute God deal with a dual conscious man? An Impure man who by his own free will turned his back on his own Creator. In duality, man must now experience the Creator from a dual point of view and to a dual conscious man, this appears as though "God changes".

Now, the Creator Loved mankind and sought to bring back man to Absoluteness, and so He came in human form to carry out the work to bring this back. Man cannot restore to himself what he himself did not make. So the Creator subjected Himself to His win laws as this is Divine Justice, and He re-gives His Absoluteness once again to man and because man is now accustomed to a dual nature, gives him His Spirit to guide him towards Absoluteness from duality.

And so, my conclusion is that from a dualistic point of view, God seems to change, but not from an Absolute point of view.