Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 19-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Seeker

New crystals make me sleepy?

I like to wear crystals as pendants as I can keep them on me easily. When I get a new one and wear it for the first time it makes me sleep really well that day. Is this a kind of bonding thing? It's happened to me with fluorites and garnet.
Although I got a black tourmaline pendant and it's made me nauseous for the last few times I've tried to wear it. I think it may be too strong.
Old 19-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Deactivated Account

New crystals can make me sleepy too. Actually just happened with a new one I got today (although I forgot the name of it). I have no idea why this happens though.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Experiencer

I touched my new moldavite and got an instant sharp headache / bell ringing in my ears I thought the reaction was overkill, but I think I'll be respecting that one for a while!

I don't tend to get sleepy, but I can have varied reactions to new stones. Some make me feel instantly peaceful, some make me feel giddy or hyper, occasionally I'll get a headache. Some are just plain exciting Tourmaline can be a bit overwhelming if you're not used to the energy, very strong protective crystal.
Old 22-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Master
Garnet is quite a strong stone, helps with grounding, aligns all chakras etc. So I think it made you sleepy as it put a lot of things in motion in your energy system. Some crystals do this to you. In my own experience usually only the first day.
Feeling nauseated, you'd have to intuite whether it's because it's not the right stone to wear on that chakra OR if it is in actual fact absorbing/getting rid of negativity, which can also be the cause of feeling nauseated (had that happen the other day). In my case the latter was the reason, but it can of course be that it's not the right stone. Remember, when you wear it as a pendant, it's directly on a chakra. If it's the wrong stone for that particular chakra at this moment in time, your system might get upset.
Test it by wearing on a longer chain/string on a different chakra or if you feel you need it, put it in your pocket.

FUrthermore, if you feel a stone has serious impact on you, don't alternate to a different stone pendant too soon. Allow your body and energy system to get in tune with that one stone first. Garnet i.e. is very strong, does a lot, so if you need that, take your time. Which may mean you have to wear it for maybe 2 months, maybe 1, maybe a year.
You may need to build up wearing a crystal if you react strongly to it. So some you may not be able to wear for the entire day at first.
Just listen to your intuition and ask it to let you know when you should take it off. It will do that, i.e. by making you suddenly think of it after 2 hours as a sign to remove it for the remainder of the day.
Or by making you forget to put it on after 2 months etc etc
Old 29-08-2014, 02:58 AM
Michael P

The major possibility that comes to mind is if the new crystals were on display and/or handled by others. This may cause them to absorb random peoples negative energy. The easiest way to deal with this is to preform a cleansing on the crystal often placing it outside on a full moon. The other way is if you or someone you know who has a cleansing attribute to their energy.

The other possibility is that you and the crystal are not attuned and it is trying to attune itself to you but being powerful overpowers you. My only suggestion to this is to slowly try to attune it to your own energies.
Old 29-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Knower
Crystals are very ...interesting... they have a consciousness of sorts, not like ours - but they are very alive, and very aware of their existence! They will effect your chakras - sometimes too much (like moldavite!)

This could be in part what is making you sleepy. Whenever the energy of a crystal becomes too much for me, I take it off and let my chakras have a break.

You have to build up your chakras, kind of like how when you start building muscles, or exercising - your gonna be sore at first!
Old 29-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Master
Smile

Fluorite, yes~* When I ordered my first rainbow fluorite wands years ago, I opened up the box, was examining them, and I held one in each hand while sitting on the bed, I laid back, and the next thing you know, I'm feeling really dreamy and relaxed -- Since I have had an almost life-long problem with insomnia, I ordered a couple of pendants and whenever I feel the need I wear one at night and it really helps me sleep soundly.

You might want to try carnelian for a gentle, but rousing energy.

Old 31-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
I touched my new moldavite and got an instant sharp headache / bell ringing in my ears I thought the reaction was overkill, but I think I'll be respecting that one for a while!

I don't tend to get sleepy, but I can have varied reactions to new stones. Some make me feel instantly peaceful, some make me feel giddy or hyper, occasionally I'll get a headache. Some are just plain exciting Tourmaline can be a bit overwhelming if you're not used to the energy, very strong protective crystal.

I bought a piece of moldavite about a month ago and haven't had any reaction at all, either by just holding it, keeping it in my pocket or meditating with it. It's an understatement to say i'm very disappointed.
Old 21-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Vincent
I bought a piece of moldavite about a month ago and haven't had any reaction at all, either by just holding it, keeping it in my pocket or meditating with it. It's an understatement to say i'm very disappointed.

i too bought a piece recently. there is no reaction as such. if you can post a pic of it with a light in the backgorund